It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What kind of pets do you have?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2003 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by helen670They say that a 'horse'' remembers a person..

Yup... the horse is my wife's... he's still living back in the country near Buffalo. She gets a chance to visit about once every two months, and he always remembers her. But... he's getting old... and he's nearly blind -gulp- you know...

posted on May, 20 2003 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Netchicken
Nice pics, how do you get on with having dogs in a highrise? Don't they get board being inside all day?

Actually, I've come to believe that Manhattan is one of the best places to have a dog.

Sure, it's not the country... but Central Park is just a 5 block walk from where we live... not bad.

But here in Manhattan, there are always dogs being walked out and about. Dogs are very social animals, and rarely get the chance to say hello to other dogs in the suburbs. Those who know dogs can quickly tell by looking if a dog is happy or not... I can't remember seeing a dog I would classify as "unhappy" here in the city... but there were always some in the suburbs.

It's really an amazing place to have pets... and they get out for a walk at least two times a day.

posted on May, 20 2003 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by observer

Dog, Sky-Bear (don't ask), little beagle about 13 years

Why did you name him Sky-Bear?

Come on Observer, you should know better.

posted on May, 20 2003 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by William
Actually, I've come to believe that Manhattan is one of the best places to have a dog.

I can understand that dogs loves the Big Apple, they're actually quite urban animals, but what about asphalt dust and air pollution (I don't mean to give you a bad day, but hey...)? Whenever I'm in a big city and see all those dogs running around sniffing, I wonder about how healthy it really is for those shortlegged heartbreakers.........

Blessings,
mikromarius

posted on May, 20 2003 @ 09:47 PM
link   
This is my baby, Amber 13 years old, only 4 in this pic

didnt do it right I guess

Try this
AMBER

can't link to my site
[Edited on 21-5-2003 by Ycon]

[Edited on 21-5-2003 by William]

Thanks

posted on May, 20 2003 @ 10:00 PM
link   
1 three legged cat

Falcon

posted on May, 20 2003 @ 10:15 PM
link   
I have a beautiful dog named Jordan. I've had him since he was 3 weeks old. I love him to death.

posted on May, 20 2003 @ 10:17 PM
link   
A cat and a half (my daughter's cat lives with us).

Tuan (Malaysian for "My Lord/Your Highness") is a purebred Birman that I rescued from the pound (like a large longhaired Siamese with white feet.) and a gray tabby (the daughter's) that's as round as a butterball.

posted on May, 20 2003 @ 10:38 PM
link   
I have 1 cat...going on 3. I was in the market for a cat back then...but I was looking for a siamese cross. In the mean time, I went to the doctor's office for an f'd up knee, and that day, a young stray DS had taken refuge in one of the exam rooms. The nurse knew I was looking, so she suggested I take him home.

He's white with a few black spots, but for whatever reason, my 7 year old daughter calls him Tiger..

posted on May, 20 2003 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Well at the moment we have 4 pitbulls(normally 3)
1)Sampson-he's 8months and a sweety
2)Gabe-2
3)Kane-16months
4)Nike(the goddess not the shoe)she's my baby girl she just turned 2 (she's going with me)

Magestica

arc

posted on May, 21 2003 @ 12:46 AM
link   
2 tortoiseshell cats

one huge fat lady called Sarah, and a tiny one who although 10 I still call Kitten

found sarah out on the streets when she was a kitten, and Kitten was a wild cat living in the garden of a previous house. Took me about 6 months to tame her and she's still a little nervous around other people even now

posted on May, 21 2003 @ 03:01 AM
link   
2 guinnea pigs and now down to 4 fish. 3 cherry barbs and one algea eater.

posted on May, 21 2003 @ 03:07 AM
link   
Damn!I had a bet TC had a dog named Blue.

posted on May, 21 2003 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Two Gold Fish called Gold Fish. One Rabbit called A Rabbit.

I've always wanted to get a Whippet but I move around to much for this type of pet. I'd probably called it Whippet too.

posted on May, 21 2003 @ 11:08 AM
link   
2 dogs,:

A Black German Shepherd / Wolfe mix named Grizzly Gus.

A Black and White Border Collie Mix named Maximus.

Both were pound rescues and Max was on his last day.

1 Old Tom Cat although I rarely see him.

posted on May, 21 2003 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProudAmerican

Originally posted by observer

Dog, Sky-Bear (don't ask), little beagle about 13 years

Why did you name him Sky-Bear?

Come on Observer, you should know better.

Alright, we found her at Sky-Bridge (a natural bridge in Red River Gorge) Kentucky; hence Sky (silly). We are pretty sure she was a (really bad) hunting dog who did not come back when called so she was left. Bear came from my mother. She loves this dog to death for some reason (she calls it her granddog) and my nickname as a kid was Bear (I have no idea why) so she blended the 2 names together. We have taken to calling her Bear anymore, but like anybody knows when you hear your full name you think your in trouble.. right? So when you call out Bear, she comes running like your about to give her a treat. When you call her Sky-Bear she immediately retreats to the corner, tail tucked (we think she was pretty abused by her previous owner as she is still skitish around new males and freaks out when I take my belt off at night
)
There you go, more info than you ever cared for regarding my dog.

P.S. JB1, I too figured TC would have an old hound named Blue.

posted on May, 21 2003 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Ack! I didn't know we were counting fish...they're more like decoration than pets...but I have a bala shark, an algae eater, a crazy catfish, a little frog, a snail, and a smaller algae eater.

[Edited on 21-5-2003 by Gazrok]

posted on May, 21 2003 @ 12:33 PM
link   
O.K. A cockatiel (misspelled??) named Boo, he was my grand mothers before she was put in a nursing home, two cats A really fuzzy calico named Keela, and a black and white one named Cookie, my wife thought she looked like an oreo. Three fish, a largemouth bass, a crappie, and a rockbass (red eye) sorry the fish don't have names. On Easter Sunday a dog (now named Patches) had a litter of 5 puppies under our front porch, they don't have names yet, as we are hoping to find other homes for all of them except one, we are going to keep him.
There is also an alpaca (basically a llama in case you don't know what one is) and a horse that live on the farm adjacent to ours that stay right beside our property, they are called Al (the Alpaca) and Deer the horse. (Before you ask my youngest daughter,2, kept calling him deer so it kinda stuck).
We also have visitors from time to time, Rocky the Raccoon, and recently we had a toad for about two weeks before we released him back into the wild.
Basically a zoo.

posted on May, 21 2003 @ 12:55 PM
link   
I have 2 dogs. a short-haired chihuahua named Peppi and a black lab named Hunter.

posted on May, 21 2003 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Blue got kilt plumb to death by sleeping under the log truck.

Ironic thing is, ol' General Lee, the ol' tom cat, got tore slap up and kilt slap to death 'cause he was a sleepin' on the truck motor on that same frosty morn.

Look away,
Look away,
Look away
Dixie Land.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join