It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How does "Faith" save?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 05:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

To find Disneyland you must first believe it exists. IF you don't believe that Disneyland exists you will do nothing to find Disneyland, therefore you will never make it to Disneyland.

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 07:51 PM
link   

FlyersFan

OptimusSubprime
If Paul's teachings were wrong they wouldn't be in the Bible. See 2 Timothy 3:16-17 .... Every word in the Bible is God-breathed and preserved by the Holy Spirit.

That's circular logic. Pauls teachings are in the bible and therefore they are from God ... because the bible teachings say so? That's no different than Muslims who say that the Qu'ran is from God because the Qu'ran says it is. And we both know that the Qu'ran obviously isn't from God .. ya' know?

Of course it is circular logic... that's the entire point. Romans 10:17 says "Faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the Word of God." The Bible makes its own circular argument with this verse. The key is faith. If one has faith then it is not a circular argument. If you believe the Bible and that it is "God-breathed" by the Holy Spirit then it is not a circular argument. If you believe God when he promised to preserve His Word then it is not a circular argument. If you don't have faith and believe any of that then it is a circular argument. The choice is yours to believe or not... it is of no consequence to me because I have made my choice.

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Good thread, Brother. I would like to add that the Kingdom of Heaven is about seeing all people and all things as ONE, a Single Unit. When you help others, you are helping yourself. When you Love others, you Love yourself. What you do to others, you do to yourself. When you have faith, you do good works. When you do good works, you have faith. So, one does not exist without the other. It is the same concept as the Yin and Yang, the Female and Male forces of God, intertwining with each other as ONE and not opposites nor as individual units. This was what Brother James in the Bible was trying to say.

edit on 1/4/2014 by ctophil because: (no reason given)

<< 2  3  4   >>

join