It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alert....Yellowstone Very Active Right Now

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 05:06 AM
link   
reply to post by AngryCymraeg

Yup, I've been there too, and on the same trip I visited Pompeii. I made the connection between the two cities easily, but clearly people living there just don't...weird. If there was a city that had been buried in ash just down the road from me, and I was living in a place packed like sardines at the foot of the same volcano that stil blow several times a century...well, I wouldn't be living there long.

I was totally shocked at how cramped and overbuilt Naples is, and almost more worryingly, there don't seem to be too many decent roads out, so if they did get a little bit of warning, the rush to evacuate might be the first nightmare. I've visited a couple of volcanic sites, and the energy they have scares me. Vesuvius was bad, like some kind of malevolence waiting to show, but Mount Rainer was much worse...didn't like that one at all. Real anger just below the surface. Just my opinion though!

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by caitlinfae

I think that the evacuation plan for Naples is hopelessly optimistic. They're planning to get several million people out of the area along those roads. The port should help, as long as there's adequate shipping. And Vesuvius isn't the only volcanic threat in the area. There's the Camp Flegrei caldera, there are the undersea volcanoes to the South and then there's Ischia, which had some volcanic activity in 1302. It's a powderkeg.
There is something about Rainier and above all Vesuvius, so I know exactly what you mean about it. The first time I saw Vesuvius I stopped dead in my tracks and shivered. Luckily my then-girlfriend (who is now my wife) made me keep walking, because we were crossing a road in Naples. My mum told me that she felt the same thing the first time she saw it.

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by AngryCymraeg

That's really curious that you and your mum both picked up on what I was feeling...I thought it was just me being weird.
I live in a very old bit of land in Scotland that isn't volcanic at all, although there is some recent earthquake activity, so perhaps I pick up on the difference in energy more than most. It would be interesting to find out if people who live near a large volcano can tell the difference. I've been posting in the eq alternative thread for a while and the solar activity thread recently, just because I have really weird symptoms I can't place the source of. Thank you for the little bit of confirmation though.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join