It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stereo media players with advanced, sophisticated options..

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Hi and thanks to everyone who finds interest participating in this thread. I am having trouble locating a media player for mp3's and news broadcasts, that has advanced options with which to modify and transform the frequency at which certain broadcasts are heard. Let me give you an example of what I am trying to do.. everyone knows Alex Jones right? (I know most people don't like him!). Anyhow, I from time to time enjoy listen to his radio program, but this gentlemen, Mr. A. Jones, just has a voice that I absolutely cannot listen to for an extended period of time. I simply cannot sit his voice, onto my ears without cringing and feeling pain, literally. Anyhow, I started utlizing the pitch feature to some media players such as Jet Audio, and AIMP3, and the pitch feature does relieve to some degree, the pain difficulty to listening to his voice by modifying how the frequency sounds. But, I would like to find another media player or other options to actually configure the frequencies at which I listen to not only his show, but other shows and speakers as well. I am crossing my fingers that some of you here at teh Podcast section, might have some additional knowledge about how to work with online devices to virtually create whole new sounds and frequencies that are palatable to one's personal preferences. Please! If you have any information about this topic, please share! There have to be numerous devices that will allow us to configure voicing, sound frequency etc.
Thanks in advance for all your help.

edit on 23-11-2013 by tony9802 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 05:22 PM
link   
An app to change Alex's voice is a million dollar idea.

It seems the functionality you seek in a player can be found in the EQ.
All the players seem to have a graphic EQ. Open it and try reducing some of the mid-low frequencies. Probably around there is where Alex's voice comes across overbearingly. Try pulling down the different frequency ranges until the audio sounds smoothed to your taste.

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by ecapsretuo

Yes, thanks for your advice.. I do work with various EQ's with various media players, but they simply are not enough. I actually have to go into the DPS area, and from there, I have to change the pitch and then sometimes the tempo, or other enhancements, to be able to even listen for a little while. The problem is, when you change the pitch through DPS, it makes the voice sound like a a voice coming from a UFO or something, or like helium inhaled voices, and while it can work, it's still not the right effect that I'm looking for. There absolutely must b programs online, that have systems with various tools, advanced tools, to create the appropriate audible effect I'm looking for. Just can't seem to find those stereo system enhancements online yet. I'm hoping they're free too.

I'm hoping to get plenty of replies so stay tuned:

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by tony9802

I have a terrible singing voice so I use one of these to change my overall sound and add harmonies.
As a busker who depends on tips this really helps. It sounds a bit contrived however.

www.musiciansfriend.com...

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by olaru12

Can you connect the device though, to the computer or laptop somehow? It looks like a good alternative, the only thing that I would need, is to have it available in online form as an apparatus for modifying voice and sound of online transmissions. I"m sure it has some kind of receiver outlet, but to connect and hook it up to a computer probably gets tricky.. I would also need it to be an online international computer device..
Thanks for that though.. I bet you sing great..

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 10:29 PM
link   
I am not too sure about any plugins for his voice.

but I find this style of his video rather entertaining. I could listen to him like this all day.

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 12:40 PM
link   

edit on Jan 5th 2019 by Djarums because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 09:32 PM
link   

edit on Jan 5th 2019 by Djarums because: (no reason given)

top topics

join