It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Same Sex Marriage has been around for thousands of years

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 06:08 PM
link   

pavil
reply to post by Aleister

I understand you think it is a large number.... in the grand scheme of things, it's a rather small number.

The number of gay people in America is esimated at about 4 million.

That's a bigger population than there are in 23 states.

Worldwide the percentage translates to about 130 million.

That's almost 4 times the size of Canada. Why even be a country if it's a quarter of an insignificant number?

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 06:23 PM
link   

pavil

TheRegal

2. Homosexuals adopt far more frequently than heterosexual, giving children who are already here a good home (which kind of contradicts your assertion about narcissism and deflects it back at the heterosexuals who spawn their own)

About 21,740 same sex couples had an adopted child in 2009, up from 6,477 in 2000, according to the Williams Institute, UCLA School of Law. About 32,571 adopted children were living with same sex couples in 2009, up from 8,310 in 2000. The figures are an analysis of newly released Census Bureau estimates.

source

In 2007 and 2008 there were approximately 135,500 adoptions each year, Source couldn't find the number for 2009 and don't have the time. That's 5 out of six kids being adopted by someone other than a same sex couple. Your assertion isn't accurate. Even if you do it by percentages, that isn't an accurate gauge you would have to take the percentage of hetrosexual couples who can't have kids and compare that to the same sex couple percent in the case of adoption.

You do realize that all of the information you just presented proves exactly what I was saying?

1.7% of the population is gay.

23% of people who adopted in 2009 were same-sex couples.

Thanks for the numbers. Gay couples adopt more frequently than heterosexual couples.

Again, your source:

About 21,740 same sex couples had an adopted child in 2009, up from 6,477 in 2000, according to the Williams Institute, UCLA School of Law. About 32,571 adopted children were living with same sex couples in 2009, up from 8,310 in 2000.

AND:

Don't claim things as a fact without being able to back it up. Provide evidence to dispute what I have found.

Why would I do that when you're doing it for me.

that isn't an accurate gauge you would have to take the percentage of hetrosexual couples who can't have kids and compare that to the same sex couple percent in the case of adoption

Actually, no. That information is completely irrelevent to my point. The point isn't about saying who is adopting more kids because they are incapable of having them by themselves, it's about who is adopting more kids and getting them out o the orphanages and taking a load off of the system. Percantage-wise, it's overwhelmingly more likely for a homosexual couple to adopt than a heterosexual couple.
edit on 27-11-2013 by TheRegal because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by TheRegal

Say what you will, flame me. LESS than 2‰ IS a rather small number.

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by pavil

It amazes me how you think that 130 million is an insignificant number of people.

You must have really not cared when 3,000 people died on 9/11.

I'm not flaming you, I'm refuting your terrible arguments.

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 06:41 PM
link   
The day "marriage" was invented (and, yes, it is a man made invention), same sex marriage was also invented. Hell, for all we know, it was a gay couple that originated the idea that has since become their bane.

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 06:51 PM
link   

TheRegal

Thanks for the numbers. Gay couples adopt more frequently than heterosexual couples.
Again, they do not...... Hetrosexual couples adopt 5 out of every 6 kids.

Actually, no. That information is completely irrelevent to my point. The point isn't about saying who is adopting more kids because they are incapable of having them by themselves, it's about who is adopting more kids and getting them out o the orphanages and taking a load off of the system. Percantage-wise, it's overwhelmingly more likely for a homosexual couple to adopt than a heterosexual couple.

It is relevant. Most hetrosexual couple DON'T adopt because they have their own kids, something the vast majority of same sex couples can't say. If you want to say Same Sex Couples have a higher percentage chance of adopting than Hetrosexual couples, fine. That would be obvious given the above statement I just made. Overal numberwise, the vast majority of adoptions are by Hetrosexual Couples. That is NOT in dispute, is it?

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by LeatherNLace

How can that be when marriage is about continuity of the species?

Lions have prides.

Humans have marriages.

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 07:13 PM
link   

TheRegal
reply to post by pavil

It amazes me how you think that 130 million is an insignificant number of people.

You must have really not cared when 3,000 people died on 9/11.

I'm not flaming you, I'm refuting your terrible arguments.

Sigh..... I didn't say it was insignificant, you said that, repeatedly I might add.. I said it wasn't a large number. 1.7 Percent isn't a Large number. The Percent isn't a large number.

Depending on the study world wide, you get estimates of between 4 and 10% of the population being Homosexual. If that is the case, it's about 490 Million People. You can still have a very large number with a very small percentage.

That's all I am saying. To say 2% is a large number is simply not accurate.

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by pavil

That's two out of every hundred people. So if you live in an average neighborhood, how many of your neighbors are gay? Lots of them. They live all over. How many people do you shop with at your local store, 100 at a time? Two of them are gay. In the store with you. They are everywhere, and if they want to get married, give them a license and a lawn mower and a dog in the yard and you've got what other people call neighbors.

In some cities the percentage is much larger, San Francisco in the U.S. for example. And lots of them are now able to marry. So two out of a hundred? Every time an American watches a major league ball game, at least one guy on the field is gay.
edit on 27-11-2013 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Maybe I was away from this thread for too long. We started with the pervasiveness of one man, one woman marriage. We agreed that PM Abbott had erred. We shifted into the frequency and extent of gay marriages, and now we're talking about, what?

Maybe I'm a little slow, but it's hard for me to have an opinion when I don't know the topic. Is it the number of gays in the population? A really small percent. OK, what's next?

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 07:33 PM
link   

ketsuko
reply to post by LeatherNLace

How can that be when marriage is about continuity of the species?

Lions have prides.

Humans have marriages.

It's all sex, right? So who invented sex? Could it be that it was simultaneously invented by people on both ends of the spectrum?

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Aleister

You think 2 out of 100 is large, I don't. I guess we will have to agree to disagree. That two percent is still quite a few people when you have a nation of over 300M. It's a heck of a lot smaller number than 98% of 300M.

I think this horse is dead now....... ......... KICK.. Yep, it's Dead.

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 07:35 PM
link   

pavil
Again, they do not...... Hetrosexual couples adopt 5 out of every 6 kids.

It's closer to 3 out of 4 based on the statistics you gave, but I'll entertain your stilly misunderstandings for a little while at least.

Even still, this would mean 1 in 6 are homosexual couple.

Now, again, 1.7% of the population is homosexual.

That's 3 in 200

Homosexual couple adoptions is 33 in 200

So.. a homosexual couple is more likely to adopt than heterosexual couples. Fact. To argue against that is to say that 3 is greater than 33. I'm sorry but this is the last time I'm going to explain this because it's getting a tad bit idiotic.

The point, by the way, was that allowing gay marriage would decrease the number of children who are in orphanages because more gay people would be able to adopt with the financial institution of marriage.

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Is it a bad thing that Homosexuals may adopt more or less than heterosexuals?

if i wanted a Child, i could either adopt, or surrogacy. again i fail to see the problem?

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 09:33 PM
link   

TheRegal
It's closer to 3 out of 4 based on the statistics you gave, but I'll entertain your stilly misunderstandings for a little while at least.

Why are you starting to go to personal attacks??? I haven't.
Lets try math again..... 21,740 (the amt of adoptions by Same Sex Couples in 2009)/135,000 (total adoptions 2009) is 16.1% 1/6 = 16.6%. Therefore about 5 out of 6 kids were adopted by people other than a Same Sex Couple. My math is sound. Rounding 16.6% to 25%???? Silly misunderstandings..........

Even still, this would mean 1 in 6 are homosexual couple.

Now, again, 1.7% of the population is homosexual.

That's 3 in 200

Homosexual couple adoptions is 33 in 200

Huh????? That's not an accurate calculation. You don't know the total number of same sex couples to arrive at that last number. Get that number and you can calculate the percent of Same Sex Couples that adopt. Jeez.

2010 Census Data puts the number of same sex couples at 593,324 Census 2010 Data. Take 21,740/593,324 you get 3.66% of Same Sex Couples Adopting. Little different than your 16.5% you arrived at. But fairly sure that percent is still higher that the total Hetrosexual Couple adoption rate, %wise.

So.. a homosexual couple is more likely to adopt than heterosexual couples. Fact.

That's kinda stating the obvious, as a same sex couple can't concieve nearly as eaisly as a hetrosexual couple. Adoption is the primary method of acquiring new kids for Same Sex Couples, their percentage would be expected to be higher than a Hetrosexual Couple given that. I will give you that as MOST hetrosexual couples CONCEIVE their own children. There is not the overriding need to adopt like there is for most same sex couples if they want to have a kid.

To argue against that is to say that 3 is greater than 33.

You are the one claiming that Same Sex Couples adopt MORE kids. They don't. 5 out of every 6 kids is adopted by someone other than a same sex couple. Percentage wise, Same Sex Couples most probably adopt more (again,most Hetrosexual couples have enough kids by conceiving, eliminating the need for adoption. but they (Same Sex Couples) are a MUCH smaller segment of the population, hence the 1in 6 actual number of adoptions. To state that Same Sex Couple adopt more overall kids is flat out incorrect.

Like I said, we have beat this to death..... But my math is sound. You are making up numbers as you go along.

I just don't like it when people inflate or make numbers to support their positions. Give me other data to consider and I will do just that, consider it, not just make up my own numbers. I have provided the support for each number I quote.

If you think my numbers are garbage, disprove them with other data that you can back up.......... I have been wrong once or twice.

For the record, since you probably think otherwise, I am not against same sex couples adopting. This whole thread was based on a garbage article that reached quite a stretch of a conclusion, using far from mainstream examples.

edit on 27-11-2013 by pavil because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-11-2013 by pavil because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

I don't like gay parades. I have gay brothers, and I myself suffered temporary homosexual perversions in the 90s. Healing is a long road. I am glad to kick the filthy homosexual dust from my feet. For my brothers it is too late. One died of aids, and the over is so broken and propped up by the gay culture that he couldn't give it up.
Since you bring up gay pride, How do you feel about 40 days for life? A lot of Christians standing in front of abortion clinics trying to get attention for unborn children. But they are not screaming.

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 01:16 PM
link   

apydomis
reply to post by Kali74

I don't like gay parades. I have gay brothers, and I myself suffered temporary homosexual perversions in the 90s. Healing is a long road. I am glad to kick the filthy homosexual dust from my feet. For my brothers it is too late. One died of aids, and the over is so broken and propped up by the gay culture that he couldn't give it up.
Since you bring up gay pride, How do you feel about 40 days for life? A lot of Christians standing in front of abortion clinics trying to get attention for unborn children. But they are not screaming.

Ah, so you had a case of the 24-hour gay in the '90s. Lots of liquids and bed rest do wonders for that illness, which lays most people on their back quite quickly.

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 05:09 PM
link   

apydomis
reply to post by Kali74

So you don't like gay parades based on a bunch of stuff in a rather hard to believe personal anecdote which has nothing to do with gay pride parades.

...Except for your brush with AIDS.

Ironically, much of AIDS/HIV research donations come from gay pride events despite the majority of HIV/AIDS cases being heterosexual.
edit on 28-11-2013 by TheRegal because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 05:37 PM
link   

apydomis
reply to post by Kali74

"suffered temporary homosexual perversions" and "kick the filthy homosexual dust from my feet" -- what does that even mean? I believe it's called curiosity which you most likely just happened to act upon and now regret for whatever reason, but to say you "suffered from homosexual perversions" is quite drastic and could have been worded together in a much more respectful way.

I'm sorry for the loss of your brother, however, there are heterosexuals who die from sexually transmitted diseases daily - it's not exclusively bound to homosexuals. Being homosexual (not experimenting here and there but exclusively having sexual and romantic relations with members of the same sex) means the part of the brain that processes sexual activity responds to same-sex pheromones like a heterosexual would respond to opposite genders -- I'm sure you will disregard what I'm saying because judging by your harsh reply that I quoted above you seem fixated on deeming homosexuals "filthy perversions", unfortunately.

~Sovereign

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join