It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Back, kinda sorta...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Well it's been 2 3/4 moths since I had my back surgery, during that time I have seen the disappearance and reappearance of one of my closest friends, Hefficide, I have put in about 200 hours of work for CBS and the Bring back Enterprise campaign and I am about to return to work part time. I figured it was high time that I came back and was an active member of the board again.

So hello, I'm back, kinda sorta, I have to find my stride again, and hopefully find a topic or two that I can really glom onto, I'm working on another dissertation about scams, and the like, and I really hope that I can find and hit that stride quick.

So to all my friends on here, and my "rivals" it's been a long time, and I am glad to be back in the saddle so to speak.

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by vkey08

Welcome back l'il miss!

Glad to see you back!

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by vkey08

Welcome back! I hope your back surgery proves to have provided a long term solution to the problem. Always good to see a fellow member!

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by vkey08

Welcome back. Never knew that campaign existed. I coincidentally just bought the entire series on Ebay brand new, but every season had several bad discs from production issues. So, I got my monies back and am currently watching it on Netflix (thank goodness for that site).

I'll check out and read more about the campaign when I get a chance.

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 04:17 PM
link   

beezzer
reply to post by vkey08

Welcome back l'il miss!

Glad to see you back!

Hey Beez
Missed you too

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 04:18 PM
link   

TrueBrit
reply to post by vkey08

Welcome back! I hope your back surgery proves to have provided a long term solution to the problem. Always good to see a fellow member!

SO far so good.. the shooting pain down my legs is gone, so that's a plus in my book.

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 04:19 PM
link   

_BoneZ_
reply to post by vkey08

Welcome back. Never knew that campaign existed. I coincidentally just bought the entire series on Ebay brand new, but every season had several bad discs from production issues. So, I got my monies back and am currently watching it on Netflix (thank goodness for that site).

I'll check out and read more about the campaign when I get a chance.

It's fun work, it's been great to work with Drexler and the VFX team, and learn a lot that I didn't know. Doug gave me some high praise in his latest interview, and I broke down on the phone crying.. LOL

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by vkey08

Lemme guess, lumbar region, sciatic nerve involvement? Buddy of mine had to have herniated tissue removed from a disc right around there.

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 04:35 PM
link   

vkey08
Doug gave me some high praise in his latest interview, and I broke down on the phone crying.. LOL

Aww, well that show got cancelled way before its time. And there were some bad reviews, but I think the majority of Trek fans (including myself) loved the show. And I don't think they could've picked a better person (Scott Bakula) to captain one of the first starships named "Enterprise".

Digressing, I'm currently just starting season 3 where the Xindi are introduced. I think the episodes with the Andorians, and the entire season-plus with the Xindi, are some of the best episodes of the series.

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 08:13 AM
link   

TrueBrit
reply to post by vkey08

Lemme guess, lumbar region, sciatic nerve involvement? Buddy of mine had to have herniated tissue removed from a disc right around there.

ayeap, had a disc that had totally collapsed, was driving me insane..

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by vkey08

We don't have rivals anymore... Just one big happy family

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 08:22 AM
link   

_BoneZ_

vkey08
Doug gave me some high praise in his latest interview, and I broke down on the phone crying.. LOL

Aww, well that show got cancelled way before its time. And there were some bad reviews, but I think the majority of Trek fans (including myself) loved the show. And I don't think they could've picked a better person (Scott Bakula) to captain one of the first starships named "Enterprise".

Digressing, I'm currently just starting season 3 where the Xindi are introduced. I think the episodes with the Andorians, and the entire season-plus with the Xindi, are some of the best episodes of the series.

Tucker Smallwood who plays the Human Xindi Councilor is a very good friend of mine as a result of working on this project, he's been great to talk to as we share a common issue between us, and I look forward to getting out to LA when I feel better to go a round of golf and lunch with him, very down to earth, and insightful.

Scott has also been a great friend as well through this, he keeps checking in to see how I'm doing, and when I'm not having a great day pops on to offer some advice.. so that's been worth it in itself..

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Akragon
reply to post by vkey08

We don't have rivals anymore... Just one big happy family

I was unaware of that change, see what happens when I miss staff meetings LOL

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by vkey08

Boy, I'm glad to see this thread.

Welcome back, vkey

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by vkey08

A collapsed disk? Holy hell!

Well as I said, I hope the treatment proves effective long term!

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 10:20 AM
link   

DontTreadOnMe
reply to post by vkey08

Boy, I'm glad to see this thread.

Welcome back, vkey

HUAY
HI!!!! Yeah I'm back...

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Greetings,

Welcome back...