It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

mad men

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 09:16 AM
link   
anyone watch?

i am almost all the way through the first season and was wondering what people thought.

i cant say i see why this show is so critically acclaimed and doing so well. i am watching it but i am interested in the time time capsule aspect of the show. i dont find the characters all that interesting.

i like looking at the scenery of the show. things like the furniture.
it blows my mind how much people smoked and drank back then.
lots of racism and misogyny and such.

makes me glad i missed those days. interesting to watch but by no means do i think it is a great show.
not like my beloved breaking bad

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by CardiffGiant

Think we a watched the first 2 series of this show and got bored with it. I myself was annoyed at how many cigarrettes were constantly smoked in the first series. Looked like an advert for smokes

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Me and my wife watch it. My wife brought it home from the library and the show really didn't appeal to me but I watched it anyways. We just watched the 3rd season, I'm hooked and I don't normally even watch tv. Sadly we don't have the channel it airs on so we have to wait for the dvd's come out.

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Love the show. Would love to have lived in that era. The show is a tie with Breaking Bad for us. BB has no Christina Hendricks equivalent though. Not sure who likes her more; me or my husband.

new topics

top topics

join