It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will the scientific elite enact a worldwide coup?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Greed is pretty awful. ...Maybe it's the results of greed that are horrible, but either way....

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 05:17 PM
link   

LDragonFire
Most people would agree our current system of government and its politicians are not the solutions to real world problems facing the human race. Politics will always get in the way of real reform that is needed. Is it possible or likely for a worldwide cabal of scientist will rise up and seize power from the current power structure, for our own good?

I sure hope not. That's been one of my greatest fears. If there's anyone worse than a sanctimonious politician it's a sanctimonious scientist.

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 05:43 PM
link   
The folks who have been studying human behavior for centuries with the goal of worldwide power are way out in front of the curve. They are TPTB. No group or nation is gonna unseat them.

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Tusks
The folks who have been studying human behavior for centuries with the goal of worldwide power are way out in front of the curve. They are TPTB. No group or nation is gonna unseat them.

This is a pretty insightful post and I think it's pretty much on the money. The scientific elites are in cahoots with TPTB. People have this idea that just because scientists are very intelligent that they're very moral and that's a mistake. They are often ruled by their passions. Their drive for probing and discovery. For invention and being the first man to the top of the hill. They also often feel that their high intelligence makes them infallible. Dangerous.

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 11:22 AM
link   
A scientific elite would never rise up and take control of the world; Half the population they would control, the other half would be the control population.

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 02:57 PM
link   

cartenz
A scientific elite would never rise up and take control of the world; Half the population they would control, the other half would be the control population.

LMFAO.

That is funny.

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 03:19 PM
link   
well lets see if there is any American President's who were scientists,, i'll start with,,

What did Thomas Jefferson do as a scientist?

"It's true that Thomas Jefferson contributed some new knowledge directly to science and technology. But his main scientific contribution was as a statesman of science. For half a century in public office and in private life, he led the growth of American optimism about science, technology, and the future. Jefferson wished he could be a scientist all the time. When he was leaving the presidency in early 1809, he wrote, "Nature intended me for the tranquil pursuits of science, by rendering them my supreme delight." In fact, do you know what Jefferson did during the week in 1797 when he became vice president of the United States? He presented a formal research paper on paleontology to his scientific colleagues in the American Philosophical Society! Paleontology is the study of fossils. It helps us understand all the Earth's forms of life."

or it seems,, there is this way,,

campaignstops.blogs.nytimes.com...

but u said" WORLD WIDE COUP" by the Elite. so im guessing maybe start with a County,,then District,, then State,,

but "Coup" implies,,ZAieg Hiel type of thing,,,u know Elite stuff.

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 03:26 PM
link   
"For our own good"

That is a statement that sends shivers down my spine. Some of the worst atrocities in history have been committed because someone decided it was "For our own good".

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join