It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Umbrella Man - The Best Explanation I'd Never Heard Before

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 06:10 PM
link   

intrptr
reply to post by Snarl

Agreed. A shooter would be more distracted trying to judge when to shoot … right at the time they need to be focused on the mechanics of the shot itself.

The umbrella wouldn't interfere with that. It was out already so all clear. If it hadn't been (up) that would mean there was a problem. Like a last minute abort signal, not a last second one.

Not much of a distraction, as quickly noticeable to a trained shooters eye as where Kennedy was in the car.
Of course Umbrella Mans story is even more of a reach.

I can't buy that either.

First, star for your thoughtful response. The JFK assassination deserves utmost scrutiny.

That said, I am still impressed with this thread and the OP. I was aware of the Umbrella Man, but unaware of his testimony. So many things have been given greater clarification by ATS members in this round of review.

If Umbrella Man had a role ... I like the way he covered his tracks. Just thinking about it puts a grin on my face. If his testimony was untrue, the guy had quite a pair on him.

This remark by the OP deserves repeating:

The human mind is a miracle. It really is.

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Snarl

If Umbrella Man had a role ... I like the way he covered his tracks. Just thinking about it puts a grin on my face. If his testimony was untrue, the guy had quite a pair on him.

If that was even him. I can't tell from any angle what he looks like in the videos and photos taken that day. The (player) that presented himself and testified in the 76' senate hearings could have been just an actor…

I like your look too. I also don't know if he played a role either. If everyone had umbrellas out that day then that would have been a poor choice. Since they didn't (wouldn't) his was the only one to see. Clever dogs.

Not out of synch with the kind of cloak and dagger stuff they write books about.

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by NorEaster

And so I guess that the destruction of the twin towers on 9/11 was really just a progressive, pancake "collapse" and that I cannot trust what my eyes see.. ?

edit on 24-11-2013 by NewAgeMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Been raining in Texas much of that week

White House were not sure if weather would cooperate and if JFK would be able to ride in open car or would need

That morning rain stopped and sun came out so Secret Service made decision to let Kennedy ride
in open car without the "bubble top" in place

Note to conspiracy types ........

Sometimes big events hinge on the smallest of details

Speculate on what might have happened if Kennedy's car had the top in place.......

As for umbrella man - considering the rain all week, maybe just be cautious in case rained again

As in Occam Razor - the simplest expanation is usually the correct one

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 05:39 AM
link   
So the condensed message here is "don't question the official story mere citizen, nothing to see here, move along, move along"

Did I get that right? LOL

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 05:44 AM
link   
He s giving the signal...

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 05:57 AM
link   
reply to post by 8675309jenny

So the condensed message here is "don't question the official story mere citizen, nothing to see here, move along, move along"

Surprisingly, no.

Misrepresentation of the message was expected though, so as you were I guess.

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 06:27 AM
link   

GogoVicMorrow

Like I said, not saying theres anything to it, but Kennedy wouldn't have caught the reference at all. So unless this guy was an artsy fartsy symbolic because I want to - protestor then that's such a dumb explanation.

I offer this as exhibit A. Just to prove that some people aren't all that good at communicating with other people.

edit on 11/25/2013 by NorEaster because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 06:40 AM
link   

NewAgeMan

And so I guess that the destruction of the twin towers on 9/11 was really just a progressive, pancake "collapse" and that I cannot trust what my eyes see.. ?

edit on 24-11-2013 by NewAgeMan because: (no reason given)

If you've ever read anything I've ever posted on this site about the 9/11 Attacks, including the sentence or two I posted within this very thread, then you already know that I think that the Official Conspiracy Theory on the 9/11 Attacks stinks to hell and back. What is it with some of you and either your willingness or ability to read posts other than your own?

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 06:50 AM
link   
Very interesting.

So 13 years later a man labeled as "Umbrella Man" is brought forth to discuss why he had an open umbrella curbside at the most scrutinized coup in the history of the human race and it's tossed off as an intellectual protest?

Brilliant.

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 06:52 AM
link   
Is there any footage of the "umbrella man" hitting the deck or running for cover when the shots began? I know there are pictures and video of other bystanders who quickly laid low for cover or ran out of shear fright but does anyone know if the umbrella man continued to stand in protest or did he also hit the sidewalk in terror of being shot himself?

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 06:54 AM
link   

8675309jenny

Did I get that right? LOL

Sure. Whatever "message" it is that you want it to be. The problem with people who can't delineate real evidence from crap is that they cause the real evidence to get tossed into the same pile as the crap, and the whole investigation eventually loses credibility as a result of the trivial and foolish stuff being the most compelling and obvious stuff in the pile. The whole effort ends up being viewed as tinfoil hat idiocy.

And while that fate has already been sealed for the JFK Assassination mystery, it'd be nice if more recent mysteries - like the 9/11 Attacks - Anthrax Attacks mystery - were spared from the same fate. I'm not optimistic though. The 9/11 forum has already died down to just a handful of posts here and there, and nothing being taken very seriously by anyone. The bastards will ultimately win out on that one too. Maybe they'll make extra money on a home parlor game based on the attacks. "Mr. Hanjour with the 757 in the Pentagon."

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 07:00 AM
link   

eggman90
Very interesting.

So 13 years later a man labeled as "Umbrella Man" is brought forth to discuss why he had an open umbrella curbside at the most scrutinized coup in the history of the human race and it's tossed off as an intellectual protest?

Brilliant.

No. Labeling the guy "Umbrella Man" was brilliant. Whether intentional or not, creating and labeling that ancillary and incidental character turned him into a cartoon. That added to the caricature of the entire investigation. It took the idea of a crossfire and made it a cartoon plot premise.

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 06:39 PM
link   

NorEaster

eggman90
Very interesting.

Brilliant.

No. Labeling the guy "Umbrella Man" was brilliant. Whether intentional or not, creating and labeling that ancillary and incidental character turned him into a cartoon. That added to the caricature of the entire investigation. It took the idea of a crossfire and made it a cartoon plot premise.

Some cartoon. This could have been a diversion, we'll never know. My first impression was that the guy in vid was making light of the "umbrella man" to:

A) Add fuel to the conspiracy nut fire. and
B) Negate investigative inquiry, making it seem foolish

Maybe the sun was burning hot in late November in Dallas? I don't know what the temperature was. Someone else mentioned it, but what was his opinion on the shooting since he was one of the closest people to it on the street? Did anyone ask him, or was he super-focused on giving Joe Kennedy the finger, did that inconvenient little assassination take away his big moment?

Interesting vid regardless, I appreciate the post

edit on 11/25/2013 by eggman90 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 06:51 PM
link   
I think it's pretty obvious that the Umbrella Man was a time traveler setting up a marker.

You know, of course that physical time travel into the past is extremely difficult, however, psychic time travel, inhabiting a living person for brief periods by projecting yourself into their consciousness is much easier. People feel like they're being "possessed" or have blackouts. And the time traveler takes control. Establishes a beacon at the center of the activity. In this case something obviously out of place. A big black umbrella.

How many other people in the crowd that day have been or will be co-inhabited or taken over by time traveling consciousnesses? Probably quite a few.

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

the driver of the limo was in on it...He had to be shown when to slow down almost to a stop.....
the idea that the umbrella man was an innocent bystander is absurd....

here is the debunking of the OPs posted video...watch it and learn the truth..

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by cathar

Sorry for the delay. Thanks for the reply and the video. I agree about the driver of the limo. He slows to almost a stop, looking right at Kennedy waiting for… what?

In a sniper attack on the president, his job is to get out of the kill zone as fast as possible at the first sign of trouble. Two hi power rifle shots wasn't enough trouble?

The passenger in the right front was agent Kellerman. He played multiple roles that day. Removed JFKs body from Parkland Hospital despite protests by the head doctor , thus breaking the chain of evidence.

In Bethesda he disrupted the autopsy, confiscated film and medical samples that nobody has seen since.

Secret service car also had an AR15 in the back. Have you seen "JFK The Smoking Gun"? Goes into detail about Kellerman and other SS complicity…

edit on 26-11-2013 by intrptr because: spelling

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 01:07 AM
link   
Bah humbug.

Umbrella man is lying.

Umbrella man was simply telling JFK: "This is your funeral buddy. Right here, right now, right at this spot. Buh bye."

Afterwards all the CIA, mafia, and secret service guys involved gathered at the local watering hole having a laugh about their black umbrella symbology genius idea.

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 01:12 AM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

@intrptr,
Yes I've seen "Smoking gun".....I was in the 10th grade in a Dallas high school on Nov.22,1963.
I've been fascinated with the JFK hit since Day 1 and have read many of the books about it. I've met 2 people who were acquainted with Jack Ruby and I also met LBJ's nephew Rodney Moss. The hit couldn't have happened unless LBJ was a part of it....But the CIA, some Texas Oil millionairs , Israel , the Military Industrial complex, elements of the FBI, Secret Service, The Mafia, and fill in the blank all had a hand in it....
The dis-info agents try to blame it entirely on rouge elements of the CIA and that is it...Nobody else [ but that is BS.....]
A lot of people wanted JFK out of the way.

edit on 26-11-2013 by cathar because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 02:28 AM
link   
reply to post by cathar

Wow, neat.

I've met 2 people who were acquainted with Jack Ruby and I also met LBJ's nephew Rodney Moss. The hit couldn't have happened unless LBJ was a part of it….

Was wondering what you think of the reports of party LBJ had with J. Edgar Hoover and others the night before and what Johnson's secretary quoted: "After tomorrow those Kennedys will never bother me again." I also have heard Johnson was on the floor boards of his car even before the first shot rang out?

Any input from Johnsons nephew that would be interesting about that and other stuff?

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join