It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The British Library

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 05:52 AM
link   
(If mods think this thread is more appropriate somewhere else, please move)

Hi all,
I am starting this thread on the back of this one here

www.abovetopsecret.com...
Please drop by to say hello.
The above thread was started as a general chit chat and ideas platform for Brits on here.

The purpose of this thread is hopefully to create a library of threads started on Brit topics.
So if you are starting a thread on a Brit subject please post a link and short description here.

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 06:22 AM
link   
reply to post by angelchemuel

This is a great idea! With much of the boards taken up with US-centric stories, it makes sense to have a one stop shop for all our Blighty-based, articles and threads!

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

Thanks True!
Here's a link to a thread I started ages ago and suddenly re-appeared on my fav list...

UK man wins court case against BBC for 9/11 cover up!

I'll have a trawl through my old posts and stick them on here for starters.....after the Scotland v Australia match!

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 11:35 AM
link   

I can contribute two threads from my back catalogue;

The alternative British citizenship test

Student protest in Oxford

For those starting threads on British politics for linking here, can I suggest the "Regional politics" forum?
I think it's meant to be for that purpose anyway, "regional" meaning non-American, other regions of the world.
There are two sticky threads in that forum, announcing the start of new "UK politics" and "Canadian politics" forums.
These seem to have merged into the "regional politics" forum we have today.

edit on 23-11-2013 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by DISRAELI

Aha! thank you for the info and your links.
Rainbows
Jane

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 11:52 AM
link   
And here is a model for the kind of thread NOT to start on British subjects.

A lesson on Britian for AMERICANS

edit on 23-11-2013 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 05:15 AM
link   
Here's a thread I have started on a quite good news programme which appears 3 times a week on RT News

The programme is called Going Underground and covers current 'controversial' political issues from a different perspective.

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Here's one I put up when Good King Richard was dug up out of that parking lot last year. And you know, I don't know what happened to him, or where he will be buried now (there was a fight going on about his burial site).

HelenConway did a great thread on this subject as well: www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 25-11-2013 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 02:32 PM
link   
There's a new thread on the release of the "White Paper" into Scottish Independence by soloprotocol.
Just started, but looks promising so far!

LINK TO THREAD by Soloprotocol

regards
Gordi

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Thanks Aleister and Gordi....hope more pick up on this thread.

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Hello to all people who know how to pronounce aluminium correctly!

I've done a number of threads on various Brit-centric topics. You may or not have seen them?

Britain’s Watergate? : The “Military Coup” Plot to bring down the Government

Back in the 1970s the British Establishment were seriously considering using elements of the military to remove the Government from power with Lord Louis Mountbatten appointed as a sort of military governor.

Did a British Government Experiment Destroy a Devon village?

This looks at weather control experiments that the RAF were conducting in the 1950s and whether such an experiment may have been the cause of the flooding and destruction of the village of Lynmouth. Many were left homeless and over 30 people lost their lives.

Phantom Helicopters over the UK

A thread that looks back at a flap of strange sightings over the Derbyshire and Cheshire areas in 1973/4 which may or may not be linked to the...........

The Great UFO Cover Up? : Berwyn Mountains, Wales, Jan 1974 covering the possible UFO crash in Wales in 1974.

A whole series of random British UFO stories are here UFO Britannia - Although that's the final part the earlier parts are linked in the OP.

And finally Beatles Myths : Fifty Years of Fact & ‘Fab’-rication which looks at stories that John Lennon sold his soul to the devil, why Pete Best may have been sacked, Brian Epstein's odd death, the 'Paul is dead' stories, John Lennon's murder, the McCartney paternity case in the 1980s, and the little known attempted assassination of Paul and Linda McCartney at the very end of the post.

Hopefully you fellow Brits might find at least one or two of those of interest?

Oh and I did a partly tongue in cheek Hitler and the Conquest of Britain, Ireland and America which seemed quite popular recently.

Enjoy or endure - MM

Now back to my fish and chips and a nice cup of tea.

edit on 27/11/13 by mirageman because: Mucking Furds Wuddled again

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by mirageman

Hello mirageman!
Yes, I can pronounce aluminium, and oregano! Not that I like aluminium....nasty mad stuff....oregano on the other hand...yummy!

I will be looking up a couple of your threads...especially the UFO case in North Wales, I was about 12/13 at the time and remember the whooha!
Thank you
Rainbows
Jane

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 07:06 AM
link   
Well, this idea bombed...back to the drawing board. Thanks to those that contributed.
Rainbows
Jane

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Prince Charles warns UK of a perfect pensions crisis and terrible times ahead for the generation being born now.

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Tsu322

Thanks Tsu.....
Rainbows
Jane

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Jane of the Rainbows methinks you are an impatient young lady perhaps.

5 days and you say it has bombed? (ETA: An Americanism in my view. Flopped would be more British)

It is all about advertising. Do I see it on your signature? Mm, no. That might help perhaps.

I shall, eventually, contribute something seismological but I am a little pressed for time just now.
edit on 3/12/2013 by PuterMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 02:50 PM
link   

angelchemuel
Well, this idea bombed...back to the drawing board. Thanks to those that contributed.
Rainbows
Jane

Wot!

Due to the fact this will be a jumping off point for other threads then it will naturally be a slow burning thread but one of longevity.

Give it time girl.

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by PuterMan

I agree, I think you should get a sig strip avertising Jane. Cody was saying in the other British thread that they need more customers. You can choose the style of writing and images. I would.

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 01:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Tsu322

Morning!
Yes I noticed something over on the Calling all Brits thread. And I think Puters idea is a good one as I notice he has links in his sig. Unfortunately I have no idea how to go about what you guys are suggesting.......help please?
Rainbows
Jane

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 02:59 AM
link   

Morning Jane!

It's easy, just click on the link below and tell the artists what you are looking for. You don't need to do anything but describe what you would like, they do all the technical stuff and voila, you have a new sig! It's great! They are so helpful and the art work is stunning.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join