It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video..Why America is screwed part 2.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 04:41 AM
link   
Just watched another video from Thunderfoot and I agree with him.
The future of any countries future is education and unfortunately Religion is destroying your education system.
Anyhow here is the video.

Do you want to be left behind in science and other topics? Do you want the USA to be a Theocracy? Do you want to have a populace which is so stupid you fall behind in your world rankings?

If not get your education system sorted, fight the people trying to replace education with religion.
Why am I as a Brit worried about you guys? well you are the top dogs at the moment and I would hate to see you all fail.

Education, Education , Education...screw it up and your country will fail.
edit on 23-11-2013 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 05:27 AM
link   
Michelle Bachman being on the intelligence committee may be our downfall lol but the guy heading the climate change committee... if he is basing policy on bible passages we are screwed. The girl sitting behind him is pretty hot though. I like the way she kinda rolled her eyes when he broke out the bible.

I don't have a problem with religion, right up till the point you use it to make policy or justify blowing people up.

And the speech by Ms. Bachman. I wonder if she for some reason had thought of running for congress and told herself it was God speaking to her, if God perhaps did speak to her and tell her to run for congress??? or if it is just a blatant lie to garner votes from the religious.

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 06:21 AM
link   
Apparently he never learned that funding is not the same as tax breaks.

He is blaming religion for the lack of funding in science research? How about blaming the right people: government, for unproportional spending and lack of priorities? Fail much guy?..

Oh, and good luck to him with destroying religion and all that.

Side note: I'm sorry, but atheists like him are not actually smarter than everyone who is religious, (like he seems to think, politicians aside) it's just arrogance that deludes them into thinking they are.
edit on 23-11-2013 by kx12x because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 06:53 AM
link   
Teach, your children well, their father's hell, let them know the fears, that elders grew by.

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 08:23 AM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

They're dumbing down education in the U.S.. I've been a high school teacher in the U.S. for over 20 years. I can tell you from my experience, people who are making decisions about the direction of education in America have never been in the profession, nor have they ever stepped foot in the classroom to observe the increase of student apathy toward learning. Since the early nineties, I and many other colleagues in the profession, have noticed a generation of children who have an inability to follow simple verbal directives, engage in simple problem solving, lack the skills to do 4th grade math (without a calculator), and construct a simple sentence or write a one page essay without plagiarizing. A majority of them don't study, they don't take notes, and their attention span is non-existent. They can't keep from pulling out their cell phones or playing video games when they should be working on their class assignments.

They also have no understanding of basic morals or scruples, and don't think of the consequences of their actions. They're extremely disrespectful, they can't speak without dropping the f-bomb in a casual conversation, they feel like they're entitled and want respect, but they don't respect anyone, their parents, teachers or other people in authority.

As teachers we've been directed to give students smaller and shorter tests, allow students to re-take tests, and give them more time to turn in their assignments (whenever they get it done, accept it). School administrators have made it clear that grading based on competence is no longer important. Failing a student based upon incompetence, is no longer acceptable. It comes down to numbers and we sure don't want our school to show a high number of failure rates! It's all political and how the establishment can alter the numbers to show progress, than doing what is needed to correct the educational system. The political system is holding teachers accountable for the improvement of standardized tests. The basic problem with that idea can be summed up with this simple phrase, "you can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink." You can supply all the fun activities and motivation to make learning fun, but if the student doesn't care to participate, he simply won't.

I wore a lot of hats in my day before becoming a teacher. I was appalled by the lack of motivation, poor behavior consequences, poor work ethics, and the incompetence of students. I was also appalled by the political system and lack of class room experience that drives the education system. Most professional executive boards are made up of professionals who are educated and worked in the field. How can anyone believe a school board made up of people who have never taught in a classroom, can render decisions that will affect the classroom environment in a positive and constructive manner? Would you want a janitor or construction worker be on the board of a hospital that is deciding your health care procedures?

Please don't get me wrong, there are some intelligent and respectful kids out there, except they are few and far between. The high school environment has changed drastically, and teachers are fighting a daily battle for just the attention of their students. What's amazing to me, this generation has computers in many of their classrooms, mine included. Doing research on a paper is much more easier now using Google, instead of using a set of encyclopedias, dictionaries and a Thesaurus. Revising a paper has never been easier, hit a delete key and an entire paragraph is deleted! Teachers use white boards, power points demonstrations, video documentaries, educational video games and hands-on learning, yet students can still be bored, lazy and apathetic.

It's easy to blame teachers (and yes there are some teachers who shouldn't be teaching, which I also think should be addressed). The real problem is making students accountable for their education. They simply lack consequences and the political system is ignoring that basic fact. The other problem is that students should be tested for the basics every three years. There isn't any reason why a student should reach the high school level if they can't do simple math, (some have failed math 3 or 4 years), write a simple essay, follow basic directions, and understand and practice the meaning of responsibility and respect.

Politicians will spend trillions of dollars on high tech weapons, yet will attack and reduce funding of education without blinking an eye. Education and knowledge is what makes a country strong. It's that old saying "American know how" that made America strong and a leader around the world. Without a strong education, you will lose your leadership and strength. You can possess all the high tech military equipment, but if you don't have enough people competent enough to use it, it's worthless. Education is the heart of everything, and until our incompetent political leaders understand that, the American education system will continue to decline and lead to America's demise.

edit on 23-11-2013 by WeRpeons because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Pfffff....thunderfoot....what a d-bag

Militant atheism is just as bad as religious fundamentalism.....both views are produced by the same psyche....ignorant....self-righteous and relies on logical fallacies to manipulate others into their skewed way of thinking.

I would be just as worried if that fool was running the education system.....but hey....fools have been running things for a while now.....as Bad Religion puts it.....what can you do?

top topics

join