It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There is a war going on for your soul

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

I thought Linkin Park's Wretches and Kings was the ATS theme?

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

I do understand your position. I understand exactly what you preach. Your position or "logic blah blah, blah" and the same goes for the others who have attacked me instead of responding to the thread is clear to me. I make a post and its your mission in life to rebuke it. Hey no biggy. Enjoy while I make me a drink.

BUT your position is wrong and either you and you can not understand. Do you know why? Because the Holy Spirit is not present in your daily life. Man ....... Christianity really done a number to you, huh? '
' You were either a Christian and has since rejected him or you never accepted him from the beginning....am I getting warm?

I like Rock and Roll but this new stuff? It is dangerous. This new stuff about worshiping Satan is wrong.

I recommend if you have time purchase the following book;

The Righteous Mind: Why Good People Are Divided by Politics and Religion (Vintage) Paperback
by Jonathan Haidt (Author)

Then read it.

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Fraudfinder

I do understand your position. I understand exactly what you preach. Your position or "logic blah blah, blah" and the same goes for the others who have attacked me instead of responding to the thread is clear to me. I make a post and its your mission in life to rebuke it. Hey no biggy. Enjoy while I make me a drink.

You made a claim and I'm arguing with it.

BUT your position is wrong and either you and you can not understand. Do you know why? Because the Holy Spirit is not present in your daily life.

The "Holy Spirit" just told me you're full of crap. Go on, argue with it.

Man ....... Christianity really done a number to you, huh? '' You were either a Christian and has since rejected him or you never accepted him from the beginning....am I getting warm?

To keep a lengthy story short, I tried and failed miserably. I would have to become someone else entirely to ever be a Christian. And I don't see that happening. Ever. Not to mention I've never been a fan of immortality. Sounds like a cheap gimmick that people are way too willing to give up their honor and integrity for. It's funny because it's usually the bad guy who offers the hero eternal life in exchange for his soul...not to mention it's usually the bad guy who tries to corrupt the hero by convincing him that they are really the same at heart. Which usually happens by tricking the hero into believing that he is responsible for his beloved's tragic demise or whatever.

Point being, cliche plot devices should tell you everything you need to know. God could give classes on being a warmongering bully.

I like Rock and Roll but this new stuff? It is dangerous. This new stuff about worshiping Satan is wrong.

You take yourself way too seriously.

edit on 23-11-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 10:59 AM
link   
What's a soul?

Do they really exist?

Have they ever existed at all?

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 11:00 AM
link   

To you that was funny; I must admit I like your cander attitude.
You keep Christians some what alert, reminding them to be humble and learn patience. More than likely your opinion will never change and neither will I.

I am not changing subject matter however the reason I will NEVER change my mind with my faith is because I have seen what you have not seen and let me tell buddy it changes you, immediately, well it did for me. My proof EVERYONE WHO KNOWS ME.

EVERYONE says ,......man he has changed 180. and I have.
Thank God.

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Thank you for your opinion. I will take it under advisement. I never said I am perfect.

So part of your mission is to get the Christian to think about his beliefs and that they are wrong and there is another truth? To get him to reject Christ?

How far am I off?

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Seems sort of tame. I don't even know if tame is the right word... Ridiculous perhaps?

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 11:11 AM
link   

AfterInfinity
I thought Linkin Park's Wretches and Kings was the ATS theme?

Those are great too. I thought it was MUSE. Either way .... they all fit.

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 12:04 PM
link   
It's not like this is a new development in music, it has been going on for decades and to help confirm that i posted videos from bands over the past 30 years at the end of this but it started long before that even.

I have spent just about all of musical life surrounded by bands like this across different genres from death rock to goth to doom metal to black metal to dark ethereal to whatever other designation you can come up and last I checked I wasn't sacrificing virgins and drinking blood. Actually people know me as a happy, outgoing, funny person and I also work very successful 9-5 type IT job in one of the top hospitals in the world. Sorry to disappoint I don't sleep in a coffin though.

It's very simply, if you don't like a specific band/tv show/book/movie/whatever then don't read, watch or listen to it. I don't like rap or country but millions of people do and that is great. They should have every right to listen to what they enjoy when they want and how they want. Religion , from Christianity to hipster approved trendy wiccan flavors, doesn't work for me but I also respect the fact that it does for millions upon millions of people.

Here are some videos of various bands both old and new if you want to continue down this path... if you want to talk more I always willing and always open to good musical discussion!

The legendary black metal band Emperor live at Wacken in 2006. How can you get mad at a band that has a song called I Am The Black Wizards (right around time 58:10) ...

Here is a pleasant offering from the doom metal band Swallow the Sun: Cathedral Walls . This is a nice artistic song with male/female vocals , clean/death vocals, lots of black, some candles, women doing weird things filmed in a different way , oh a bit more aggression starting around 3:40.

Next you have someone that has influenced me more musically then anyone else..Doesn't make a difference which band it was The Misfits, Samhain or Danzig...

In this case it's Danzig: How the Gods Kill (with the classic lineup though I am a huge Johnny Kelly fan since I love Type O Negative) .. As warning this video does show some naked girl parts at a point so don't let the kids watch.

Lets go more metal again!! Slayer: Seasons in the Abyss...Man I remember rushing when I was a teen to see this on Headbangers Ball!! Horses, pyramids ,blowing sand, headbanging, black and white footage, spooky symbols, wristguards with spikes.. What more could a developing teen want?!?!?

Just to show it's not all Blurghhaha metal with me..what card carrying old school goth (sadly me) doesn't have memories of seeing the legends in that genre..like the Sisters of Mercy or Bauhaus..if you were not old enough then here you go..Bauhaus doing In The Flat Field live...

Finally after I have killed virgins, burned churches and ruined peoples lives I like to fall asleep to gentle soothing sounds... Black Tape for a Blue Girl: We Watched Our Sad Eyed Angel Fall

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 12:11 PM
link   
DIE ANTWARD is nothing but a new generation ICP or Marilyn Manson looking to prosper with shock value to supplement their mediocrity. I think it's funny that they came from upper class South Africa and pander to the poor like they actually relate to one another.

It's just people trying to make money any way they can in this dying global economy - nothing more - nothing less IMO.

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Thank you for your opinion. I will take it under advisement. I never said I am perfect.

None of us are. The problems happen when we think we're supposed to be.

So part of your mission is to get the Christian to think about his beliefs and that they are wrong and there is another truth? To get him to reject Christ?

Part of my "platform" is proactive self determination. Here, I'll Google that for you:

pro·ac·tive adjective \(ˌ)prō-ˈak-tiv\
: controlling a situation by making things happen or by preparing for possible future problems

Self-determination is the idea of a positive freedom, a freedom for actions that we originate, and that actions are "up to us." Such acts constitute the essence of free will. This is Mortimer Adler's term, translating ideas from Aristotle and Thomas Aquinas. It was adopted also by Robert Kane for his theory of Ultimate Responsibility.

en.wikipedia.org...(philosophy)

I do not believe Jesus or anyone of the sort is the "only true path" to salvation. In fact, I don't believe humans are capable of determining what salvation is. I don't think they really understand what they're trying to save themselves from.

I could be wrong, but I doubt it.

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by opethPA

You forgot this one.

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

What a hoot that video is. Catchy. I especially liked the two second clip of the funky chick at 55 seconds in.

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Not every 'inspiration' is our own, musical or otherwise.
www.jesus-is-savior.com...

Musician quotes
"I wanted to marry Lucifer I don't consider Lucifer an evil force .I feel his presence with his music. I feel like he comes and sits on my piano." - Tori Amos

Exposing the works of Satan: Popular Music In his autobiography "The Doggfather", Snoop Dog says the devil came to him to make a deal that he would be rich and famous in exchange for his soul. Snoop accepted the devil's offer (by his own words) and identifies that the point at which Calvin Broadus dies Snoop Dog was born.

I really wish I knew why I've done some of the things I've done over the years. I don't know if I'm a medium for some outside source. Whatever it is, frankly, I hope it's not what I think it is - Satan. - Ozzy Osbourne

I was directed and commanded by another power. The power of darkness ... that a lot of people don’t believe exists. The power of the Devil. Satan. - Little Richard

He used to always talk about some devil or something was in him, you know. He didn’t know what made him act the way he acted and what made him say the things he said, and the songs and different things like that … just came out of him. It seems to me he was so tormented and just torn apart and like he really was obsessed, you know, with something really evil. - Jimi Hendrix girlfriend, Fayne Pridgon

I was there when Dre said he SOLD HIS SOUL to the devil for a million bucks. And i swear, the Devil got a receipt for his ass. - Griffey, producer for Dre

First of all, we'd like to thank Satan... - Red Hot Chili Peppers at MTV awards

I'm gonna abandon my spirit to them, which is actually what I attempt to do. You work yourself up into that state and you fall in supplication of the demon gods. - David Lee Roth, Van Halen

'Demonic, that's what we are'. - Mick Mars, Motley Crue

'Get stoned and worship Satan'. - Kurt Cobain

One of the top songs of the 70's was "Hotel California" by the Eagles. Most people have no idea the song refers to the Church of Satan, which happens to be located in a converted HOTEL on CALIFORNIA street! On the inside of the album cover, looking down on the festivities, is Anton LaVey, the founder of the Church of Satan and author of the Satanic Bible! People say, the Eagles aren't serious, they're just selling records. That's what you think! The Eagles manager, Larry Salter, admitted in the Waco Tribune-Herald, (Feb. 28, 1982) that the Eagles were involved with the Church of Satan! Not surprisingly, one of the Eagle's songs is titled "Have A Good Day in Hell."

Picture taken from the back cover of the Eagle's 'Hotel California' album cover. Photo shows Anton LaVey, founder of the 'Church of Satan,' looking down from a balcony in the Hotel California.

Exposing the works of Satan: Popular Music. In 1974, JONI MITCHELL told the press of a male spirit who helps her write music. “Joni Mitchell credits her creative powers to a ‘male muse’ she identifies as Art. He has taken so much control of not only her music, but her life, that she feels married to him, and often roams naked with him on her 40-acre estate. His hold over her is so strong that she will excuse herself from parties and forsake lovers whenever he ‘calls’” (Why Knock Rock? p. 112, citing Time magazine, Dec. 16, 1974, p. 39).

Lady Gaga apparently gets her music from demons. She said herself that she has the spirit of her dead aunt living inside her (which is really a demon) and that the spirit of Alexander McQueen wrote a song for her called Judas where I presume she expresses sympathy for Judas who betrayed Jesus Christ, the only begotten Son of God. She also says she bought a 'ghost buster machine' worth thousands of dollars because she said she is convinced evil spirits are haunting her. She also expressed that she had terrible nightmares with occult imagery but she would use it as inspiration for her stage acts which would consist of a mock self sacrifice and hanging by noose. Satan is obviously using Gaga for his agenda - brainwashing the masses.

John Lennon is believed to have "sold" his soul or made a deal with the devil, in fact he said it himself. There is even a book about it called The Lennon Prophecy. The Beatles channeled evil spirits as those in his inner circle revealed. John Lennon once said "When the real music comes to me it has nothing to do with 'cause I'm just a channel. It's given to me and I transcribe it like a channel." He once referred to himself as a hollow temple in which the spirits would inhabit him then leave to be inhabited by another. When asked why The Beatles were so successful he said himself "I my soul to the devil" (Ray Coleman, Lennon, McGraw-hill)

ANGUS YOUNG, lead guitarist for AC-DC, is called the “guitar demon”; and he admitted that something takes control of the band during their concerts: “...it’s like I’m on automatic pilot. By the time we’re halfway through the first number someone else is steering me. I’m just along for the ride. I become possessed when I get on stage” (Hit Parader, July 1985, p. 60).

The so called father of Rock and Roll Robert Johnson believed to have "sold" his soul for guitar playing abilities and fame. People who knew him spoke about it.

Brian Wilson, from The Beach Boys who once said "We were doing witchcraft, trying to make witchcraft music" admitted that he was tormented by voices in his head that would distract and torment him. Records president Larry Waronker claims to have encountered at least five different entities that use Brian Wilson's body as their home.

Manson's "hope" for Antichrist Superstar,: "I think every time people listen to this new album maybe God will be destroyed in their heads. . ." (huH, Oct. 1996, p.37)

'My overriding interest was in kabala and Crowleyism. That whole dark fearsome never world of the wrong side of the brain'.--Bowie NME 1976 & Nov 1995
edit on 23-11-2013 by PrimeLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by PrimeLight

“I know it sounds New Age... but in my meditation, this entity - which is called Metatron - he said, 'we want to hook you back to the radio airwave frequency. We want you to reach junior high schools, high schools and universities. Once you reach them - because we are going to connect you with the best artists of the day - then we want you to present them a new menu. Let them know that they are themselves, multidimensional spirits with enormous possibilities and opportunities. We want you to present them with a new form of existence that transcends religion, politics or the modus operandi of education today'”

What's so evil about that?

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 12:52 PM
link   

AfterInfinity

Naw, it doesn't burn. As long as we're around to reveal your game, I'm happy. Because that means people will see what work and what doesn't, side by side. There's no greater opportunity to pull the curtain back.

Besides, I'm not the one whose thread is crashing and burning right now.

I bet it burns......

You seeing me getting a flag! It burns so bad, right ? Like hot coals in grandma's underwear! ''

AF.... This quote revels their hyprocracy. For all the screaming about modern culture, OP comes up with this little gem of torture from his own mind.
Coals in granma's underwear indeed. What a sadistic thought to pop out of the mind of a self professed Christian. Very telling.

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 12:54 PM
link   

The whole page will reveal a broader context. Will be editing in more as 'food for thought' for inquisitive minds.
edit on 23-11-2013 by PrimeLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 01:03 PM
link   

PrimeLight
Not every 'inspiration' is our own, musical or otherwise.
www.jesus-is-savior.com...

Oh please, so because Dylan (who is obviously totally burnt out in this) says he made a deal with the devil you believe it like it's the gospel truth. I love Dylan and his music but in this clip he's fried.

Or do you believe it because it supports a preconceived notion?

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by PrimeLight

"I'm the devil's advocate. We have our own worshippers who are called 'groupies.' Girls will give their bodies to musicians as you would give a sacrifice to a god."

Worst thing I saw on the page. But coming from people who eat and drink of the blood and flesh of a man who has been dead for a thousand years in order to receive eternal life, I don't think the Christians here have any right to criticize.

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Stupid music really.
cannot make out if they are singing or talking.
Heck I prefer rock and roll

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join