It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If it is not in the Bible, what would you do?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by sk0rpi0n

"A study of the Bible/person of Christ does NOT tell you about Muslims relationship with God. So your statements about there being a "gap" are just your opinions."

A study of Christ tells you exactly who has the false Christ and with the false Christ comes with false teachings about the true God. I will prove just that with my thread(s) and I already started one here (still in development).

In the OT there are many prophecies for the coming Messiah. The Son of Man in Daniel was the ONE that they were expecting. Jesus used “Son of Man” to refer to Himself a lot because He is the Christ, the Messiah and this is to point them back to the Old Testament. Son of Man doesn't necessary refer to His humanity but to His messiahship and what the Prophets of old have been prophesying.

“Whom do men say that I the Son of man am?” (Matthew 16:13)

Jesus is here asking a question about the Son of Man. That is very important to keep in mind. He's asking to see what people think of the SON OF MAN. Some say, “that thou art John the Baptist: some, Elias; and others, Jeremias, or one of the prophets.” Then He turned to His disciples and asked them, “But whom say ye that I am?” Peter answered, “Thou art the Christ.”

This is the first key and it's a very important one for it proves that the Son of Man = is the Christ, the Messiah. When Jesus say that He is the Son of Man, He is not saying that He's human. But Peter didn't stop there… he went on with a deeper revelation from God the Father:

“Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God.”

And that is a complete revelation. This Son of Man, this Christ/Messiah is God's Son. John writes: “But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name.”

Jesus is the Christ, in other words, Jesus is the Son of Man and this Son of Man is the Son of God. Muslim not only deny the Father but they deny the Son also. This is why Allah doesn't have the title or name "Father" in 99 of its names. Allah is not the Father of Jesus.

That doesn't change the fact that Muslims understand God as all-Loving, and so they naturally approach God as all-Loving.
www.reasonablefaith.org...

Calling God "Abba" (which means "Dad") is human behaviour.... God will remain "all-Loving" regardless of what His creations call Him.

Talking is human behaviour, being angry is human behaviour ... love is human behaviour. Or is it?
The point I brought up in this thread is that Jesus came to reveal the Father. We only know the Father from the outside and Jesus' claim is that He knows the Father from the inside because he was with the Father from all eternity. "Abba" conveys intimacy and closeness and you would only address God that if you have intimacy and closeness with him. If Muslims can't then there's a gap which is my point. Who gives us this right?

"But to all who did receive him, who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God, who were born, not of blood nor of the will of the flesh nor of the will of man, but of God" (John 1:12-13)

It's called BORN-AGAIN. The first birth is of the flesh and the second is of God, adopted by God.

"Heavenly Father" is a purely metaphorical term used by the Israelites... to symbolize God as the Creator.

You can say that with the Old Testament but even then there are still hints of a father and son relationship in the OT. But what I brought up is about Jesus revealing who God is and that's the issue you need to address. With Jesus' relationship with his Father there is no metaphorical term here. If you believe so then you must demonstrate and prove it.

Muslims know God as the Creator, but stop short of calling God "Father", simply because "father" is a human term that is ALSO used for a man who has fathered children.

Muslims can't call God Father because their God isn't relational in his being and they can't come close to Allah which is the gap I'm talking about. With Christ there is no gap and we all can approach God with boldness knowing that he's our heavenly Father. Tawhid vs. Trinity. Secondly, you're not allowing the scriptures to speak for itself but imposing your human understanding into the scriptures. When Jesus claims to be the Son of God He's not saying that God the Father fathered Him in a human way. Father-Son is about relationship, closeness, intimacy, something I notice you don't want to deal with directly but kept on saying how it's "human" this and that.

Either way, "Father" is simply a figure of speech, when it comes to addressing God. It is not literal, and so calling God "Abba" or "Father" doesn't make you any special in the eyes of God.

You have to prove it otherwise it's just your opinion.

This goes against the important teaching that “There is nothing like unto Him" (Koran 42:11). Even in the Bible we read With whom, then, will you compare God? (Isaiah 40:18).

Koran contradicts the revelation of Jesus.

So why compare God to human fathers by calling Him "Father"?

Refer to what I said above.

Do you, as a created being, submit to your Creator? Or do you tell yourself that God loves you so much that you don't need to?

Speaking of submission, only Jesus fully submitted to the Father. The principle of Authority and Submission proves the Father and the Son. Secondly, it's not what I say or do it's the revelation that Jesus came to reveal: That God is our Father.

new topics

<< 1  2   >>

join