It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Were Adam and Eve the first humans? Studying Genesis 1-2

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 03:02 AM
link   

SisyphusRide

OccamsRazor04

SisyphusRide

I've heard that 1000 years = 1 day when you're outside spacetime

edit on 23-11-2013 by SisyphusRide because: (no reason given)

Then you heard wrong. There is no time outside spacetime. That precludes 1000 years or 1 day or any other unit of time from being possible.

the 5 and a half days in the Apocrypha... I know it's not cannon but I am just reading it ya know.

if it don't meld well it won't change the original message... I've watched quite a few esoteric videos and visited some sites with aliens and all that jazz...

but I'm still with it

Well I am telling you that you can not have time outside spacetime. That's just fact. So anything telling you that 1000 years = 1 day outside of spacetime you can automatically ignore.

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 03:04 AM
link   

AbleEndangered
reply to post by OccamsRazor04

Umm, there was a Chick Goddess involved!!

I think its a secret tho...

At the time of Adam's creation there were no suitable "helper" for him. If other humans existed then they would be suitable. That invalidates the theory Lillith was created before Adam. Adam was the only person, thus the need for Eve.

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 03:07 AM
link   

I am still going to read thru that stuff though... I like a good controversy.

I worded it in the "I've heard it said" style for this very reason, to gauge an opinion on it.

everyone is always looking for that mysterious way to do biblical time, even Nostradamus and Newton.

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 03:09 AM
link   

Genesis 1 KJV

26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

Genesis 3 KJV

5 For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil.

Genesis 3 KJV

22 And the Lord God said, Behold, the man is become as one of us, to know good and evil: and now, lest he put forth his hand, and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live for ever:

You were saying?

What if God was married?

edit on 23-11-2013 by AbleEndangered because: additions and format

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 03:14 AM
link   

SisyphusRide

I am still going to read thru that stuff though... I like a good controversy.

I worded it in the "I've heard it said" style for this very reason, to gauge an opinion on it.

everyone is always looking for that mysterious way to do biblical time, even Nostradamus and Newton.

I would never tell anyone what to or not to read. Read on. I still claim crap though

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 03:14 AM
link   
reply to post by AbleEndangered

After reading both of your responses. I believe you are speaking of help from above, as God spoke of us as a collective. Then, the other poster is talking about a helper in the physical with Adam, as in helping Adam.

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 03:15 AM
link   

AbleEndangered
You were saying?

Saying about what? I have no idea why you posted those verses or what you were trying to say.

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 03:17 AM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

&

That Sumerian Goddess Ishtar plays a role in all this...

Anu, may be the Sumerian name for God.
edit on 23-11-2013 by AbleEndangered because: format

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 03:18 AM
link   

jhill76

After reading both of your responses. I believe you are speaking of help from above, as God spoke of us as a collective. Then, the other poster is talking about a helper in the physical with Adam, as in helping Adam.

When God said let US make God in OUR image it refers to the fact that God has multiple parts. Jesus called out to his Father, they are both God, and they are both the same God.

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 03:18 AM
link   

AbleEndangered
reply to post by jhill76

I know what you meant when you wrote it, but your and the other poster responses are on different topics.

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 03:19 AM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

No, its same topic...

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 03:19 AM
link   

OccamsRazor04

jhill76

When God said let US make God in OUR image it refers to the fact that God has multiple parts. Jesus called out to his Father, they are both God, and they are both the same God.

I know of this, I was relaying what you and the other poster are saying, as they do not match up in topics, thus the confusion, of you not knowing why he posted those verses.

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 03:20 AM
link   

AbleEndangered
reply to post by jhill76

No, its same topic...

The other poster didn't understand what you were trying to convey.

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 03:20 AM
link   

AbleEndangered
reply to post by jhill76

No. Quite stupid. I already posted that when Adam was created there were NO other humans. This is confirmed by the fact that no living creature was suitable as a companion to Adam, thus the need for Eve. If other humans existed Eve would never have been needed.

You can believe what you like, but the belief is 100% not supported by the Bible. Believe that unicorn farts powered Ishtar's creation abilities, or that garden gnomes are her descendents. None of this is in the Bible, but you can think as you wish.

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 03:23 AM
link   
When God created Adam, he made him from the dust and clay of the Earth...

The creation of the female was a bit different and a bit later....

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 03:24 AM
link   

jhill76

OccamsRazor04

jhill76

I know of this, I was relaying what you and the other poster are saying, as they do not match up in topics, thus the confusion, of you not knowing why he posted those verses.

The problem is I posted a verse that 100% invalidates what he was saying, and he replied to it without addressing my post or saying what he was getting at.

Gen 2:20

So the man gave names to all the livestock, the birds in the sky and all the wild animals. But for Adam no suitable helper was found.

This invalidates the ridiculous Lillith first theory. If Lillith was first there would be a suitable helper. Us refers to the multifaceted nature of God. God is plural, while refering to a singular being.

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 03:25 AM
link   

AbleEndangered

If Lillith and other people existed first, why was there no suitable companion for Adam?

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 03:26 AM
link   
Adam was mining Gold in Havilah before Eve came along...

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 03:27 AM
link   

What if God was making Men in a hatchery??

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 03:28 AM
link   

OccamsRazor04

AbleEndangered

If Lillith and other people existed first, why was there no suitable companion for Adam?

To play off this question. What if all the others had their own suitable companions already? For instance, you know how people say he is my soulmate, or this is the person I am to be with, etc.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join