It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are We Failing?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 12:39 AM
link   
The future just doesn't happen - it requires investment in the present based on lessons learned from the past: public education, building of infrastructure, strengthening the economy, protecting the weak while punishing the wicked, and continuously striving to surmount the greatest achievements yet accomplished.

Anything less is the stagnation of society and an insult to the hard work our ancestors invested into us.

Why are the people incharge forgetting this?
edit on 23-11-2013 by ArchAngel_X because: altered title

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 12:49 AM
link   
reply to post by ArchAngel_X

Why are the people incharge forgetting this?

Because the people in charge don't give a rip about you or any of the things you just mentioned. They care only for their own power and advancement, they represent the ultimate of the "Me Generation."

And they've been around quite a long time unfortunately.

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 12:56 AM
link   
I think Bassago pretty much nailed it!

Now take off EH ya hoser

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Yes, we are failing.

We are now so far from nature, that crap from tv, movies, the internet
and various psyop programs have so insulated us from what is real that
most of us are paralyzed into permanent inaction.

Or that is one way to put it at least.

And our paralysis is the EXACT RESULT that TPTB have sought to achieve.
THEIR PlAN is working perfectly. It's near total success.

KPB

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Because they are Parasites , feeding off the generated Wealth of the Common Working Man through Excessive Taxation and the Squandering of that Wealth due to their Personal Greed for Money and Power . They should All be in Prison for their Collective Crimes , but due to the Stupidity of Certain Delusional American Citizens Seduced by the Entitlement Mentality, they somehow stay in positions of Authority with nothing but Contempt for the Fools who Elected them..........

All those Hosers should be Shot , Eh ?
edit on 23-11-2013 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 01:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Zanti Misfit

Can these idiots in charge even come up with something to cook their own dinner?

These people are so removed from "normal life" that I can hardly believe they can wipe their own arsess.

They keep moving "money" around, and protect themselves, by "moving money" around...

And this "money" isn't even real.....

They can't fend for themselves - they can't take care of themselves - they are that far removed from reality.

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 01:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Happy1

Offshore Banks , Tax Shelters , Foreign Investments , the Rich know All the Tricks . Try to Catch them in the Act of Deception , and they either Bolt the Country or use Bribes to obtain a Get Out Of Jail Free Card from their Local Lobbied Bee Otches . Sad Indeed.........

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 01:49 AM
link   
Public education gets more and more money pumped into it every year and the results aren't improving because we refuse to fail kids because it might hurt their self-esteem. So we pass kids who don't actually know what they should and the IQ of the nation drops. This will not be fixed as long as we listen to parents cry about how little Johnny needs to move on to the next grade regardless of whether he can actually read, write, or know basic math.

Building infrastructure died a long time ago. Google all the failing bridges in the US if you want a clue as to what politicians deem important. We're far more focused on spying on everyone and putting large holes in other people's countries. We can't help that we have water pipes that are over 100 years old across the US. The only consistency here is continual degradation of infrastructure.

Strengthening the economy is a joke. We don't build anything anymore. Everything has been outsourced to China. We are a consumption-driven society now and people know nothing but adding more debt to their own personal pile. This economy is non-recoverable so long that we outsource everything to other nations. Take a look at Walmart's numbers. They are even in decline. When people can't afford to shop at Walmart, things are really starting to get interesting.

Protecting the weak while punishing the wicked is a great idea, but it simply won't happen. We already have all the laws on the books. Judges just refuse to enforce the laws. The people who do get locked up are the poor, those who can't afford a lawyer to get them off the hook. We have the most incarcerated citizens per capita on the globe. The system isn't working at all and won't improve.

Continuously striving to surmount the greatest achievements yet accomplished is a great idea. Sadly, Americans have no clue how to go about doing this anymore. People in this country can tell you all about their favorite sports teams, what's going on with their favorite TV shows, and can probably even tell you who Jay Leno interviewed the other night. Then ask them how many scientists they can name and what they do. Ask them what engineer is responsible for Spaceship 1 and 2. Ask them anything that doesn't have to do with the TV or the internet and people are clueless.

It's all "bread and circuses" these days. Distract the populace from what's really going on. Make them just happy enough to not pay any attention to everything crumbling in on them. Grab yourself a good chair, your favorite single malt and sit back and watch the show. All of this is coming crashing down and there's absolutely nothing any one of us here can do about it.

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 02:01 AM
link   
reply to post by bpg131313

" All of this is coming crashing down and there's absolutely nothing any one of us here can do about it. "

Yes there is , a Second American Revolution which would involved a Civil War with many Dead on both sides . That could possibly Happen if the People abandon the Rule of Law which is the Only Solution to retaining their Freedoms that the Constitution and the Bill Of Rights have bestowed upon US . The Courts should be the Peoples Battlefield against the Criminals who presently reside in positions of Power that they Obviously are abusing at the moment . The " Good Fight " should be there....BELIEVE !

" Judges just refuse to enforce the laws "

Get Ride of the Judges who Refuse to Uphold the LAW . Those who don't are Criminals and should be Jailed .

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 02:09 AM
link   

Zanti Misfit

" All of this is coming crashing down and there's absolutely nothing any one of us here can do about it. "

Yes there is , a Second American Revolution which would involved a Civil War with many Dead on both sides . That could possibly Happen if the People abandon the Rule of Law which is the Only Solution to retaining their Freedoms that the Constitution and the Bill Of Rights have bestowed upon US . The Courts should be the Peoples Battlefield against the Criminals who presently reside in positions of Power that they Obviously are abusing at the moment . The " Good Fight " should be there....BELIEVE !

Get Ride of the Judges who Refuse to Uphold the LAW . Those who don't are Criminals and should be Jailed .

Good luck pulling people away from their TV's, their smartphones, and the internet in general. There'll be no Second American Revolution. It's a nice thought, but it simply won't happen. As for the folks on ATS, it might be worthwhile to consider just what steps a desperate government will go to in order to get out of this mess. Consider what other nations are willing to do in order to punish us for issuing debt they're learning we'll never pay back - or pay back with worthless currency.

We're failing alright. Russia and China have been making moves that indicate a larger game at play. This is going to end very badly for America, and even worse for Americans.

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 02:12 AM
link   

Zanti Misfit

You're promoting insurrection? Many people will die on both sides? What sides? North against South? East against West? Who is the enemy here a handful of banksters, judges and politicians? What will this "Revolution" accomplish and what are the goals? Seriously you spout a lot of rhetoric but really what do you have other than words and a misguided sense of oppression. There is no enemy! There is nothing to gain other than anarchy and a return to barbarism and outlaw justice.

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 04:34 AM
link   

That's a very good point, I was thinking about that today. I don't think the people in charge understand this. I think they might be in denial and relying on some kind of fabricated psychological theory that is inaccurate.

It is mostly the under 30 crowd that has no access to any way to follow in their parents' footsteps due to the bad economy and changing social factors - even if someone tried their hardest, it might not be possible 1/3 of the time.

And then those people have to face their parents, who can get angry at them for not meeting expectations.

Sometimes I think the only way people in my generation are going to be able to afford their own house and car is by getting them from their parents' estate - let's hope the estate taxes don't go up.
edit on 23amSat, 23 Nov 2013 04:36:44 -0600kbamkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 04:42 AM
link   

Let me tell a quick story here to support the O.P. - I graduated college in 2010 and had to move back into my parents' house, where I found work tutoring, doing door-to-door sales, and other odd jobs. I then moved over to Idaho, where I had to go on food stamps and get help with paying for rent for a year while I tried to find work, and make an attempt at my business and band.

Now I have moved back into my parents' house and am looking for work and moving into a new apartment, once again, with cheap rent. I will be looking for work and going to vocational rehab. I have been out of the work force (as in no full-time job or consistent job) for 3 years.

I might see steady work by the time I am 30. I don't know what that means, but I'm assuming that's bad. There are age limits on things like work that make it harder to get work without experience at a certain age. Luckily, I have been volunteering as well.

I guess... think of someone who graduates college and doesn't get work until they are 30. When they finally get an interview at 30, what are they supposed to say? I guess it isn't that big of a deal now that it is commonplace.
edit on 23amSat, 23 Nov 2013 04:44:08 -0600kbamkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 08:44 AM
link   
It's like a movie, but there's not a happy ending.
Every scene fades black, and there's no pretending.
This little fairy tale doesn't seem to end well.

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by darkbake

The End of Work

This is the future. Maybe not for you, but maybe in 100 years.
Then I'm not sure what purpose people will serve - but one
often discussed option is this

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Kukri

" You're promoting insurrection? Many people will die on both sides? "

No , read my Post more Carefully . I said that is a possibility IF the American People cannot change the present situation with our Corrupt Federal Goverment throught the Court System . When all else Fails , Violence usually ensues ..God Forbid .

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Sorry Mate. That is a relief asit's not a course of action I would recommend or partake in as we do live in democracies (kinda).

top topics

join