It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking News! Iran Developing Nuclear Missle

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 07:22 AM
link   
Russia announces their missile to remind everyone they used to be a superpower, now this?

Well, I guess all the recent rhetoric has laid no doubts about who's next (Iran, North Korea, etc.)... The winner is......"Iran"!

Onward Christian soldier Bush!

Is it too early for us Dems to say "I told you so" yet?

[edit on 18-11-2004 by Gazrok]

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 07:28 AM
link   
"US exercises missile defense system to prepare for operations

WASHINGTON (AFP) Nov 17, 2004
The US missile defense system is still on track to go on alert by the end of this year and key US military commands are conducting "shakedown exercises" in preparation, a defense spokesman said Wednesday.
Russia announced plans earlier Wednesday to acquire a new generation of intercontinental ballistic missiles capable of defeating any anti-missile shield, but the spokesman said the US system is not designed to protect against long-range attack from either China or Russia.

US ground-based interceptor missiles are being installed in Alaska and California primarily to defend against a limited attack by a rogue power such as North Korea.

The United States also has proposed a third interceptor site somewhere in Europe to expand coverage against missiles fired from the Middle East, though no decision has been made on where to locate it, said Rick Lehner, a spokesman for the US Missile Defense Agency."

Full Story www.spacewar.com...

Another (Coincidence)?

[edit on 18-11-2004 by DrHoracid]

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Mmmmm...I wonder who was saying just yesterday on another thread that this would happen...mmmm...ME!!

Ill tell you though, this looks like its developing alot faster than I ever imagined though. Man that Dubya keeps on schedule with his agenda...

Im going to make this prediction here first, everybody remember where you read it:

Between now and inauguration the case against Iran will accelerate to a feverish pitch. After inauguration Dubya will start the process of increasing our military force drasticaly. I hesitate to use the word "draft", but he will definately start to use "creative" methods to do this up to and not excluding recomending a draft. Inside of 12 months we will have either taken Iran or amassed a force ready to take Iran.

You heard it here first!!

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 08:12 AM
link   
I agree with that prediction....

I'm still pretty certain that we've had a space-based missile defense system in place since the 80's (using missiles), that was recently added to in the late 90's (with updated HELs). This ground-based effort seems more to counter lower flying missiles, as well as provide an extra layer to the shield.

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Yeah I was hesitating to say the dreaded "D word"...

A bit skeptical because, like someone said before, it would be political suicide...

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 08:24 AM
link   
I agree with you 100% Lecky, but there are two things to consider regarding that:

1) It all depends of the case built on Iran. All Dubya needs to do is convince Congress and a few nukes in the Iranians hands may be enough

2) Dubya could care less about his polictical career now. He's already gone as far as he can go. Its all about his agenda now.

[edit on 18-11-2004 by skippytjc]

LL1

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Where are the 29 "Sensitive Sites" in the U.S.?
Does anyone have any idea of where these locations could be?

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 09:37 AM
link   

You've got to hand it to them they never miss a trick.

We could be talking about how Iran has just lowered the temperature and agreed with the UK, France and Germany to suspend all it's nuclear enrichment activity and several more rounds of thorough and proper IAEA inspections etc etc.

Instead we get this cretinous idea/theory that dreams of Iran missile attacks, armed with nuclear warheads, on the USA (handily reinforcing the 'need' for SDI or variations there of).

Talk about leading a people by the nose....

....now, if you'll just sign this cheque for umteen billion $, I'm sure we can do something about your security from this kind of very very scary thing in, oh, another 20yrs and after another 20+ or so (inflating every time) funding cheques.

Jayzuss wept.

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Could'nt agree more Sminky.

Is hot air, and barr barr food in a can.

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Intersting snippet from CNN.com:

"The pledge reduced Washington's hopes of having the board refer Iran to the U.N. Security Council for alleged violations of the Nonproliferation Treaty."

That is a telling line there. Rest of the story at:

www.cnn.com...

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Point of Order. "Dubya" doesn't need to back to the congress they already gave him "freewill" to combat terrorism. Iran is now and always has been the "Target". This "agreement" with the EU is more smoke, but what the heck it worked for Saddam for 10 years so he could murder millions and bribe the UN. Iran's problem now is the UN has been "busted". Bribes will be harder to hide now.

[edit on 18-11-2004 by DrHoracid]

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by sminkeypinkey

you have to look at it from the USA's point of view
maybe just dubya's

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 10:52 AM
link   
By the way US congress is going to raise the deficit limit of this present government so he will have the funds to finance this new (ASSAULT)

Well people we better start investing on some middle east land because we will be paying for the Middle East mess for a long time to come.

Do I smell draft? After inauguration. After all the first funding for it was schedule for March anyway.

Do I smell foul play, yeah and it stinks, the same type of "reliable" sources that got us in the Iraq mess, is going to land our God driven President into Iran.

So after the discovery of Satellite photos of movement (just like in Iraq) now the government is going to feed us the atrocities of the government over the poor people in that country, never mind occurs that an assault from the US will kill thousands more making them (casualties) of their liberation from their evil rulers.

War is coming and I see a lot of unhappy people that will not take this new (WAR) like they did Iraq.

Great Thread BlackJackal

[edit on 18-11-2004 by marg6043]

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Going to Iran would not be a good idea i think. Iraq with it's population of 25 million is one thing but Iran with it's population of 69 million and a lot more ground and cities to cover would be a whole different thing. I would want to be damn sure of the evidence before i waged a war of that scale.

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Iran is a strategic and frightening peice of real estate among those that either deal in business with them or find them a threat............

Iran has 26% of the World's available oil reserves.......

China as a 70Billion dollar investment in their oil program....

Russia has dealt with the money and oil of Iran to gladly throw them a nuclear bone or two.........

Pakistian is playing the nuke exchange game with Iran...........

Iran has an unstable to say the least government making decisions on all this...........

Israel and Iran have vowed to wipe each other off the face of the Earth....

North Korea likes playing in the nuke arena with Iran.............

Folks............we are sitting on a powder keg...............

Cooler heads must prevail.................but how pray tell does that happen with an outfit like the one running Iran?

On paper, overthrowing their govenement from inside would be the ticket..............but easier said than done................we couldn't do it to Iraq and they are a drop in the bucket compared to Iran..............

I wish I had my own planet to live on and I could pick the people who are to live with me on it..................

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 12:14 PM
link   
futuretense,

Your post ending if funny but you got a good point, our present administration has made and is making sure that is going to be a hell living in this earth very soon.

I think god is telling him him to start the end of days in the middle east.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join