It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking News! Iran Developing Nuclear Missle

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 08:02 PM
link   
www.drudgereport.com is stating that tommorows lead story for the Washington Post will be that Iran is developing a Nuclear Missle.

WASH POST LEAD THURSDAY: U.S. has information indicating Iran is working on developing nuclear missile... Developing...

If true this will be very interesting since Iran reached an agreement on the Nuclear program a week ago with the EU

www.voanews.com...

Alright I just ran across some more information that was released a little over an hour ago. Colin Powell is quoted as saying Iran has modified missles to carry Nuclear warheads

Secretary of State Colin Powell said Wednesday that U.S. intelligence agencies believe Iran is working on ways to modify missiles to carry nuclear warheads.

Powell spoke as an Iranian exile group made dramatic new claims about Tehran's nuclear ambitions, including ongoing covert enrichment of uranium, which the secretary of state said he couldn't confirm.

The claims by the National Council of Resistance in Iran came just days after Iran and three European nations reached an agreement under which Tehran is supposed to suspend its enrichment of uranium, a key ingredient in an atomic bomb.

The group and its military arm, the Mujahedeen Khalq, are on the U.S. list of terrorist organizations. But their past revelations about Iran's nuclear weapons work have sometimes proved to be accurate.

The group said Iran had received a nuclear weapons design and bomb-grade uranium from the black-market network of Pakistani nuclear scientist A.Q. Khan and is secretly enriching uranium at a facility that hasn't been declared to international inspectors.

www.kansascity.com...

Mod Edit: Decapified title

FredT has also created an article on ATSNN concerning the matter

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 17-11-2004 by dbates]

[edit on 17-11-2004 by BlackJackal]

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 08:06 PM
link   
There sure is a lot of information coming through about Iran in the last 48 hrs. Its almost like we are being Made ready for an attack so we are not suprised by it.

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Here we go...

It's time to declare war on Iran guys...we all knew it would happen sooner or later...

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kidfinger
There sure is a lot of information coming through about Iran in the last 48 hrs. Its almost like we are being Made ready for an attack so we are not suprised by it.

Quite! The other part of interest is that the information is pointedly more and more fearful.

Iran working on Nuclear Power
Iran working on Nuclear enrichment
Iran test firing new missle
Iran developing nuclear weapons
Iran building nuclear weapon missle

Get ready to ride folks!

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Whao, talking about being predictable, our government sure does not care how people see the building of evidence to launch and assault on that country, I wonder when the count down is going to start.

I bet after the inaguration.

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chuck Stevenson
Quite! The other part of interest is that the information is pointedly more and more fearful.

Get ready to ride folks!

You are so right!!! I think Iran already has a nuclear missle and I think the next step is just to use it. Also I don't think there is any coincidence that bankrupt Russia is working on a new type of Nuke. Get ready for Cold War II

apnews.myway.com...

[edit on 17-11-2004 by BlackJackal]

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 08:22 PM
link   
When do we invade?????

And we're supposed to believe it, and sad part is, it WILL be believed. This is so parents will give up their young ones to Bush for yet another just cause.

Do we believe this too?????

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlackJackal
...Get ready for Cold War II

Oh, I think this ones going to go hot!

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Maybe the libs will back SDI now so we don't have to go to war....

Who am I kidding?

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 08:33 PM
link   
While it is, of course, possible that invasion plans are in the works, doing so would be disastrous.

U.S. strategists are well aware of the many, many liabilities that would come with and invasion of Iran.

A far more likely scenario, that is already apparently in the works, is the overthrow of the Islamic government by the people of Iran -- with a little help from you-know-who.

Sure I could be wrong, but I think all this talk of invading Iran is a canard. It's doubtful that we would even send troops to stabilize the country after a revolution, although it's possible.

More likely, the U.N. would be called on for that, and probably only in Tehran.

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by American Mad Man
Maybe the libs will back SDI now so we don't have to go to war....

Who am I kidding?

Hey now! I lean towards the left and I support SDI
I think we should have been reasearching it alot sooner to

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Majic,

I agree I don't believe we will invade Iran, to do so would be political suicide. Somehow we must find another way to overthrow the Iranian government before it is too late.

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Majic,

I agree I don't believe we will invade Iran, to do so would be political suicide. Somehow we must find another way to overthrow the Iranian government before it is too late.

Merely premature speculation...BUT!

Maybe this is why we see so many people in his administration jumping ship en masse?

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Clean up your own house too when you already started

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Majic,

And since when Mr. Bush cares about political suicide, he still won the elections, who is to say that now that he has nothing to lose (like the elections) is going to stop him from full filling his life purpose in the name of the lord.

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Lecky,

Your speculation is possible but unless they are moving out of the country how are they helping themselves? Maybe they know what is right around the horizon and they don't want to have anything to do with it? Maybe they don't want to be anywhere neat Washington when it gets nuked?

Again, all completely speculation but all completely realistic.

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Somehow we must find another way to overthrow the Iranian government before it is too late.

The trick will be to coordinate the right people -- especially military leaders. Just whipping up the students would probably result in some very brutal crackdowns by the mullahs.

Then again, the brutal crackdowns may be precisely what is needed to gain necessary sympathy from the military. Plotting revolutions is part science, part art, and mostly luck.

I suspect that there is some serious talent being applied to the problem.

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
And since when Mr. Bush cares about political suicide, he still won the elections, who is to say that now that he has nothing to lose (like the elections) is going to stop him from full filling his life purpose in the name of the lord.

Maybe I should clarify a little.

An invasion more than likely will result in more than political suicide, it may result in actual suicide.

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 08:47 PM
link   
how far can the missle reach (about)???

and when will it be ready???

thanks black for this news...

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by they see ALL
how far can the missle reach (about)???

and when will it be ready???

thanks black for this news...

Both good questions and both I don't have a definitive answer to as of this time. If I was to venture a guess I would say that the missle would be reported to have limited range and in the testing stages.

But, as Chuck Stevenson pointed out with the rate the news out of Iran is progressing give it a week and the capabilties of the missle will have increased to transatlantic capable by Christmas.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join