It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Science channel airing Super Comet Ison

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 09:21 PM
link   
On December 7th at 10:00 p.m. est the science channel is jumping all over Ison. In the preview the science channel is calling Ison super and once in a life time. I find it odd myself they are airing this on the 7th of Dec. Do they KNOW this comet is going to survive its encounter with the sun? Aren't we supposed to wait for it to pop out from around the sun before we come to conclusions? Anyone agree or am I way off here?

Lightmeup04

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by lightmeup04

I was thinking, that's a late date. 12/7. What do they know, we don't know....?
I'm Just sliding in, to watch along. S&F!

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by lightmeup04

That's no comet:

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 09:54 PM
link   
In the preview they say it is traveling at 91,000 mph and 3km wide. Something just seems odd about the airing date. Also in the preview they ask questions about where it is going to next? I believe its a comet but for the science channel to be calling it once in a life time is a bit quick. Or not.

Lightmeup04

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 10:15 PM
link   
It's just a comet and nothing more! Then there were 3 and we are now at 5. No show in the sky, now a show in the sky, no wait changed again, crap!

Would someone Please Stand Up and say it like it is! Do not want to hear anything from NASA though! Their still in Shutdown mode!

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 11:02 PM
link   
I thought Comet Lovejoy would survive the sun and it did. I think Ison is about to give way to a new thinking of how comets interact around the sun. The science channel seems to think Ison is prety special. "Once in a life time.". Science is second guessing itself. Unless the science channel is selling out. I am sure they are in need of some money. Interesting next month for sure. Has anyone heard from Phage on the matter? I have read alot of Ison threads and haven't seen his input.

Lightmeup04

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 11:15 PM
link   

lightmeup04
I thought Comet Lovejoy would survive the sun and it did. I think Ison is about to give way to a new thinking of how comets interact around the sun. The science channel seems to think Ison is prety special. "Once in a life time.". Science is second guessing itself. Unless the science channel is selling out. I am sure they are in need of some money. Interesting next month for sure. Has anyone heard from Phage on the matter? I have read alot of Ison threads and haven't seen his input.

Lightmeup04

Haven't heard anything from Phage either. Do hope he is doing okay though.

Ison is special, so are the other 5 floating around at the same time. It's getting crazy out there though, mars now has a coma, Ison has 2 tails, and now it just may be Planet X.

Story changes every week as the countdown to the sun. It may be a once in a life time event indeed!

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by infoseeker26754

The science channel is in it for the viewers or they are going to let the lid off this thing. I think with them airing on the 7 th of December is enough to expect this thing to survive its encounter with the sun. Some of the claims on the preview would make one believe.

Lightmeup04

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 11:34 PM
link   

lightmeup04

Lightmeup04

Did you not get the memo about Phage
Gone to the underground bunker

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Trillium

Definitely odd we aren't getting anything from the peanut gallery! When phage isn't chiming in...maybe not worth chiming about. Or is currently digging.

Lightmeup04

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Trillium

lightmeup04

Lightmeup04

Did you not get the memo about Phage
Gone to the underground bunker

Yes where is Mr Phage..last he tuch ison in my thread ison realtime info..and i dont see Mr.Heff too..
*dont mean to talk about member..but just need an expert to explain..

edit on 22-11-2013 by cheesy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by cheesy

Cheesy...I like your interest in Ison. I have read all your threads. The thing is....no one knows what this comet is going to do. Or do they? Phage doesn't know so he is not chiming in. Last time I posted about Lovejoy when it was on its trip around the sun....Phage strongly believed it wouldn't survive. She made it and was prety spectacular.

Lightmeup04

top topics

join