It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Website that tracks most used names since 60'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 08:10 PM
link   
hi all,

Not sure if you guys saw this yet..but I thought it was very interesting. They seem to be bibical or something there in..

take a look and post your thoughts..

US Names given since 1960

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Komodo

Boring names....not one state with a fave name of Zebulon

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Komodo

Watch out for name direction with these new parents of today.

According to what we heard on the news the other day, parents are leaning towards the characters in movies now.

There are new no. 1 baby names for both girls and boys on Nameberry for 2012. Movie queen Katniss, heroine of "The Hunger Games," takes the top spot among our most-viewed names for girls, while Irish mythological name Finn leapfrogs over our former top boy names Asher and Henry to claim the most popular crown.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

Evidently 'Hunger Games' beat out the 'Twilight' series on the names this year.

All of us 4 kids were named after a family member, not a movie character.
Thank God

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Where did Liam come from? Jose, in Texas. That's not suprising.
That was cool to see. Thanks!

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 12:50 AM
link   
That's awesome. Did you see how Liam came out of nowhere in 2012? Wasn't expecting that. Seriously though, how many Mikes or Michaels have you known? I'm 35 and I've known a TON. That name dominated for a period there. Reigned supreme, if you will.

Cool post!

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 01:40 AM
link   

snarky412
reply to post by Komodo

Watch out for name direction with these new parents of today.

According to what we heard on the news the other day, parents are leaning towards the characters in movies now.

There are new no. 1 baby names for both girls and boys on Nameberry for 2012. Movie queen Katniss, heroine of "The Hunger Games," takes the top spot among our most-viewed names for girls, while Irish mythological name Finn leapfrogs over our former top boy names Asher and Henry to claim the most popular crown.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

Evidently 'Hunger Games' beat out the 'Twilight' series on the names this year.

All of us 4 kids were named after a family member, not a movie character.
Thank God

Hey, Hunger Games had some cool names, including Katniss. Also liked Primrose - "Prim" for short. It would be much cooler though if you had thought of those names yourself as a parent and not plucked them from a current book/movie at the same time as a million other people.

I think some retro movie names are going to start making a comeback, like Leia for girls and Chewbacca for boys.

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 06:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Komodo

Interesting - Michael certainly was a stayer and then went ...

No female names...

Thank you for posting this - my thoughts went straight to the theory of communal thinking - people tuning in to each other. Hmmmm...

Much Peace...

top topics

join