It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We can break records we never thought possible...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 05:22 PM
link   
My routine is that after working in the morning I break for lunch and watch a documentary. Most are boring but sometimes there's one that really gets you thinking.

so I found one today that was amazing: topdocumentaryfilms.com...

The guy has like 100 world records. And he's always challenging himself to break his record. That kinda got me thinking. What's interesting about that is if one was to get motivated and challenge themselves they probably could do almost anything.

Like it's just insane when you think about it. Like you could literally almost have, do, be, or see anything you'd want in life. All you'd have to do is really challenge yourself to go that extra mile and constantly be breaking your record for whatever it is you're trying to accomplish. Okay not sure if that made sense or not, but you get the idea.

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Yeah....that is nice in concept. Reality is, people have limits. I was a blue chip prospect in high school, receiving birthday/christmas cards from all the big schools of the day (UT, OU, Okla St., Texas Tech, etc). I was a very finely tuned athlete that could compete at a high level. But no matter how hard I worked, how many hours I dragged that 100lb sled around the field, how many hours I ran up and down bleachers and did agility training, I could never in my life run a 40 yd dash in under 5 seconds. 5.06 was my best ever, with some wind at my back.

I have worked with people that would have no possible way of understanding the work I try to show them. They just do not have the aptitude to do what I do, or work in my department. Conversely, put me in a sales position and you will see me flounder. It just isn't my aptitude.

There is no such thing as "limitless". The closer you get to your limits, the smaller the gains become.

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 01:12 AM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

wanna bet

new topics

join