It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

LOVE songs you LOVE

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Here's some oldies (but goodies) that I still enjoy listening to whenever I'm in a mellow mood:

There's so many great songs through the ages... it's really hard to just pick a few !

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 09:00 PM
link   

edit on 3-12-2013 by RUFFREADY because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by seeker1963

OMG every time I hear this I want to watch "The Karate Kid" lol.

I use to sing this song at the top of my lungs as a kid.

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Eryiedes

OMG what an oldie but a goodie! I still love this song.

I prefer love songs of the 80s and early 90s. Today there aren't too many actual love songs, they all seem to be vulgar in context.

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 09:38 PM
link   
I'm a romantic sap so I love me some love songs!

Here are my favs

"If You Leave" by OMD, from "Pretty in Pink." One of my favorite movies as well.

Matchbox Twenty "Overjoyed." I LOVE this song and this is my favorite band EVER. Rob Thomas writes some of the sweetest loves songs ever. I literally listened to this song every single day on repeat on my way to work for about 2 wks when the CD first came out. I sang it at the top of my lungs in the morning on my way to work. I didn't care who saw or heard! I sang even louder when I saw them in concert earlier this year while I was 6 mths pregnant. It was a great time!

This song I have loved since high school. I had a boy who I had a crush on and even went to homecoming with write the lyrics to this on a picture and give it to me. Oh first crushes/loves.
Extreme "More Than Words"

I dont' know why but "I Don't Want To Miss A Thing" by Aerosmith gets me EVERY DAMN TIME!

Another one I've enjoyed since forever

The Pretenders "I'll Stand By You"

And finally
Sade "By Your Side"

There are soooo many more I could add but I'll just say the artists. Mariah Carey, Bryan Adams, Celine Dion, Phil Collins. All of whom have amazing love songs in their collection.

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by littled16

Oh littled! I knew I liked you.

I just posted and also posted this song. I just saw that you posted it.

GREAT song!!!

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

Yeah.
Somehow pop culture convinced everyone with a dollar to spend that the epitome of the love song is Lady Gaga's Pokerface.
Mind you with "top hits" like Friday & Chinese Food it's a miracle the music industry has lasted as long as it has.

-Peace-

The Pretenders, huh?

edit on 3-12-2013 by Eryiedes because: Added Links

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Keep trying.

edit on 3-12-2013 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Eryiedes

Gaaaa gaga. lol I am not a fan of hers AT ALL.

Yea I like a little Pretenders
UB40, another good one

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Evening,

Time for a few more...what d'ya think?

This first band was pretty much a one-hit wonder but what a hit it was. They were called The Triplets but I can't help but wonder...were they all pining for the fjords over the same guy?

Next up is a band called The Tubes. I liked this band ever since I first saw them do SCTV back in the day. John Candy's Scuttlebutt Lodge was one of my favorite SCTV skits but add The Tubes and it was an entertainment overload for any 10 year old...

I sorta gave up on music after Alternative petered out but every now and then a band bubbles to the surface which deserves some notice. Third Eye Blind is an good example of this in action...

The Canadian band Triumph has had a helluva run in their time on the scene. I'll admit I wore all my old concert shirts into dryer lint but after the Grateful Dead, I have probably seen them perform more than any other band with Iron Maiden, Black Sabbath and Lee Aaron tied for third place.

Next up is probably the "most depressing love song ever recorded". Typo O Negative is the band's name and Die with Me (ironically enough) is the name of the track. No, seriously...it's an actual love song...

One last Type O Negative tune before people start to open up their wrists. The infamous banned version of Neal Young's Summer Girl. The only thing this band is missing is a thorazine drip and a strait jacket...

I intend to go out strong so let's wrap this up with Vanessa Williams and Save the Best for Last...

-Peace-

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 07:07 AM
link   

mblahnikluver
reply to post by littled16

Oh littled! I knew I liked you.

I just posted and also posted this song. I just saw that you posted it.

GREAT song!!!

You know what they say...
Great minds think on the same level!

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Evening,

A few more for the road...

-Peace-

Aheh-heh...I hadda do it. It still sorta counts.

edit on 4-12-2013 by Eryiedes because: Added Link

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 06:39 AM
link   
It's a lovely early morning - just right for a positive tune.

edit on 6-12-2013 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 06:55 AM
link   
Morning,

-Peace-

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 07:07 AM
link   
Fire in the morning.

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by InTheLight

Melissa Manchester, huh?

-Peace-

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 11:27 AM
link   
One of the saddest songs ever.

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Afternoon,

How about some Juice Newton?

-Peace-
edit on 6-12-2013 by Eryiedes because: Bad Link

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by dollukka

Thank you much for posting this "lovely" thread. This Bing and Grace duo is one of the nicest love songs there is.

I remember my mom always playing this on the radio - way back when when things made sooooooo much more sense and were so much easier to understand ----really quite un-complex.

I didn't realize that Grace could sing either.

Now can someone answer this for me? I just saw a documentary on her and the producers along with the narrator made the outrageous (to me at least) claim that she was whoring around with all (or most) of her leading men. Personally speaking I have my doubts about what the writer of the documentary said. Looks to me as though they are trying to besmirch here good reputation.

BTW - many Catholics see her as a saint - in fact, some have petitioned the Vatican in that regard.

edit on 6-12-2013 by MamaLeonne because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 01:29 PM
link   

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join