It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

LOVE songs you LOVE

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Logos23

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 06:49 PM
link   
What better love to sing of than love and acceptance of someone we hold dear....despite of or in some instances because of being fully aware of their flaws and quirks.

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Logos23

Yep!!

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Logos23

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 08:06 PM
link   
This is a love song right?

edit on 28-11-2013 by denybedoomed because: Link fixed

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Morning,

I think what this Saturday needs is some more love.

For openers, let's go back to England in the 60's with a gal by the name of Petula Clark...

The next melody comes to us from the 2nd lead singer of the band Genesis. Phil Collins has a number of ballads which all flirted with the top ten at many times in his career but this was one of my favorites...

Now we have a local Toronto favorite called PM Dawn. They'd been around for a while but apparently had to wait until Dawson's Creek bought the rights to one of their songs for use in the series to experience true (but fleeting) fame...

Back in the days of Bubblegum Metal (or Hair Metal as it was sometimes called) there was a band called Poison. Brett Micheals has had many ups and downs in his career but his stint on Celebrity Rehab had to be his worst...

Prince & The Revolution took the 80's and 90's by storm but by the time they'd reached "The Batdance", all that fame was beginning to wain and soon after, Prince disappeared into his own self-appointed religious exile from society...

I don't care what anyone says. I have always liked the P-Furs and I always will...

Next up is a Jimmy Hendrix classic as redone by Richie Sambora. Pretty much the best track from the entire Ford Fairlane soundtrack. I ask you...how could a tune titled "The Wind Cries Mary" NOT be a love song?

We end today on some solo Robert Plant. I mean honestly...after saying his name, what more needs to be said?

-Peace-
edit on 29-11-2013 by Eryiedes because: Typo

edit on 29-11-2013 by Eryiedes because: Bad Link

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by dollukka

From Great Britain with love:-

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 10:13 AM
link   
I am not very good with music,but I think this is a love song,

Mon Amour

Let's Forgive And Forget

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 11:04 AM
link   
I guess this is also a love song,

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 01:31 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by RUFFREADY

-Peace-

(I shoulda just let it be but noooo...)
edit on 30-11-2013 by Eryiedes because: Addition

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Eryiedes

-Peace-

good stuff!!

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 03:08 PM
link   
One more

My favorite

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Evening,

Now I'm stuck in a silly mood...I knew I shouldn't have posted The Muppets.

-Peace-

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Eryiedes

hahaha!! Good clean fun I say!! Those were the days!!!

edit on 30-11-2013 by RUFFREADY because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Morning,

It's a brand new day...time for some more tunes.

Since the last few posts have been old enough to predate dirt why not stay in that frame of mind for a moment? Rick Springfield only made waves in America after the Saturday morning cartoon Mission Magic about a witch school teacher who would educate young minds in the ways of the world using sorcery.
He went on to a brief solo career but fame tapped on his shoulder the day he joined the cast of a well known soap opera. Jessie's Girl is representative of the sound that made him famous...

Funny that most 80's music videos that focus on a guy who likes a gal seem to come across more like stalking-in-progress than a love smitten fool trying to win over the affections of another...

Next up would be The Cascades whose lead singer was none other than lil' Ricky Nelson.

I loved Sam Cooke from the moment I saw Animal House but I didn't know he did duets with Lou Rawls (Mister "Ya Gonna Miss My Lovin'" in the flesh). Kinda overkill!

Smokey Robinson and the Miracles...what more needs to be said? You just can't beat a classic...

I always had a soft spot for The Beach Boys and there isn't much music made by them I don't like but if it's a choice between them and The Beatles...then John, Paul, George & Ringo win.

Speak of the devil, I went and said the "B-word" again...

I'm ending off this trip down memory lane with The Chiffons. They exemplified the sound of a lost generation...

-Peace-

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Here's my contribution from Canana.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by InTheLight

Nice melody.
(Where's Canana?)
I'll see your Amy Sky and raise you an Amy Grant...

-Peace-

edit on 1-12-2013 by Eryiedes because: Link Removal...That one sounded too sad

edit on 1-12-2013 by Eryiedes because: Because I Can

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 08:58 PM
link   
To Eyriedes - I like your second choice and I can't type the word Canada today.

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 10:48 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join