It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scottish Police

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Just thought I'd throw this out there, it's making the rounds in Scotland just now

a vid of a 20 minute confrontation between a citizen and the police when he's been pulled over for using a mobile phone while driving

good vid, and shows how things CAN be

props to the police and John of the family Burns

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by maintainright

Saw that earlier today as it goes.

Everyone involved was in good humour i felt, but having said that, the police did repeatedly try to trap him with their heavily rehearsed patter...'understand' being the classic one we should all get used to refusing.

'Do you understand me' is legal jargon for 'Do you stand under what i'm saying' or more accurately 'Do you obey and submit to my authority'.

It does NOT mean 'Do you comprehend what i'm saying' as most people think it means.

Best to get in the habbit of saying 'No i do not understand, but i do comprehend the words you are speaking'.

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by MysterX

Don't be silly - you saying that you understood the Officer is not tantamount to agreeing with them and certainly would not be admissible in court as an admission of guilt or otherwise. What you said sounds suspiciously like the nonsense the "freemen" movement come out with, which is of course total bollocks.

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 02:30 PM
link   

MysterX
reply to post by maintainright

Saw that earlier today as it goes.

Everyone involved was in good humour i felt, but having said that, the police did repeatedly try to trap him with their heavily rehearsed patter...'understand' being the classic one we should all get used to refusing.

'Do you understand me' is legal jargon for 'Do you stand under what i'm saying' or more accurately 'Do you obey and submit to my authority'.

It does NOT mean 'Do you comprehend what i'm saying' as most people think it means.

Best to get in the habbit of saying 'No i do not understand, but i do comprehend the words you are speaking'.

No it doesn't. And you will have trouble referencing anything that doesn't come from a Freeman website. It is more about making aware and confirming that the suspect, or person understands what is going on. Just like when they read you your rights, they ask you if you understand them.

You can say you don't and then they have to treat you differently.

You can be an ass, and say you don't understand anything they say. And when they ask why, tell them you need to see the statute law that applies to your situation.

It will make the whole thing very confusing.

Police are required to explain certain things and get an acknowledgement that you understand the situation you are in and the legal rights you have. They also try and usurp your rights by asking questions they aren't supposed to after you've been made aware of them. But this is paramount, made aware of your rights, or their actions.

They are constantly saying 'do you understand' so later in court they can say 'X' was made aware and acknowledged 'YZ'.

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Absolute magic! reply to post by maintainright

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 05:03 PM
link   
This is a funny video and credit has to be given to the cops who handled this.

At the end of the day regardless of what the guy has to say, driving while on your mobile is illegal in this country and regardless of if you think that is right or not you are still subject to the law of the land. The guy is lucky they didn't nick him for obstruction most of what he was saying was utter BS like saying he could not confirm his date of birth. The cops were being very polite and reasonable, he was in the wrong not them.

Still very funny, and really puts Scottish policing in a good light.

new topics

top topics

join