It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have Some Gross Cheese

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 11:28 AM
link   

It's long been known than a smelly pair of feet bears more than a slight resemblance to a block of ripe cheese, but scientists have taken this link to the next level by making cheese from a foot. Experts have made the stomach-churning creations using bacteria from the human foot as well as a belly button and even an armpit. Scientist Christina Agapakis and scent expert Sissel Tolaas gathered microbes for their project 'Selfmade' which recently debuted at an exhibition about synthetic biology in Dublin.

Ms Tolaas said on her website: 'Selfmade is a series of ‘microbial sketches’, portraits reflecting an individual’s microbial landscape in a unique cheese.' The cheese is supposed to reflect the flavours of the humans they belong to. Like the human body, each cheese has a unique set of microbes that metabolically shape a unique odour.

There are eleven cheeses in the exhibition. Each cheese was created using starter cultures sampled from the skin of artists, scientists, anthropologists, and cheese makers. The samples of bacteria used in the cheese came from armpits, a foot, a bellybutton and tears and were taken using sterile cotton swabs. Ms Agapakis told Dezeen: 'Despite [their] chemical and biological similarities, there are obviously very different cultural and emotional responses to stinky cheese and stinky feet.

'By making cheese directly from the microbes on the body, we want to highlight these bacterial connections as well as to question and potentially expand the role of both odors and microbes in our lives.'

www.dailymail.co.uk...

Limburger and aged brick were originally made by monks using their own bodily bacteria. Limburger was from the armpit.

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 01:50 PM
link   
What would lead someone to believe that was a good idea?

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Restricted

I'd try it out - if said foot belongs to a hot woman.

Have a great weekend all.

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 01:55 PM
link   
That explains Bishops finger (OMG that cheese is so bad my pals hid a bit in my jacket and I smelt bad :lol

I now know where that Bishop had his finger lol.

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 02:37 PM
link   

There are eleven cheeses in the exhibition. Each cheese was created using starter cultures sampled from the skin of artists, scientists, anthropologists, and cheese makers. The samples of bacteria used in the cheese came from armpits, a foot, a bellybutton

They forgot #12, fromunder cheese, anyone care to take a guess what part of the body that comes form?

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Carreau

The bumhole?

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 10:07 AM
link   

boymonkey74
reply to post by Carreau

The bumhole?

Im thinkin' the taint!

Also known as the gooch.
edit on 25-11-2013 by Tylerdurden1 because: (no reason given)

top topics

join