It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

As a member of the middle class, I'm officially screwed.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by abecedarian

I think this person, while being extremely rude, is asking you to be specific, as in, what insurance company is it that is making you pay more?

Maybe that will be the "proof" they are demanding?

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 01:06 PM
link   
You aren't defeated until you believe you are. They need the middle class a lot more than we need them. Weather the storm and learn from any mistakes.
edit on 22-11-2013 by john452 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 01:26 PM
link   

damwel
It's those teachers unions getting all your money for 9 months of work.

As the son of a former teacher and whom most of my family members are teachers I can say that they have one of the hardest jobs you can imagine. It's their job to make sure your children are educated. Also, please keep in mind that they also have to deal with parents (some of whom are not very nice people), the school board (again, some of whom are not very nice people), as well as trying to keep any and all nutjobs away from your children so that they don't get hurt (ie. shot, kidnapped, etc). And on top of all that they have to put up with your kids. Picture being stuck in a room with 25 to 45 children for nine months. I think they deserve the break.

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by RedShirt73

I believe the quoted post was sarcasm...

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by RedShirt73

I won't deny teachers have hard jobs. They get to deal with teaching 20+ kids, and I and my wife are having a hard time dealing with 1 kid... who is not our own, placed here because he love him and can't imagine him going through any more of the things his pseudo-homeless parents have already put him through. Still, it bears mentioning that a teacher instructing 30, can't pay as much attention to each as individual parents can.

The inability of the teacher to give adequate 1:1 attention to a student, combined with the 30:1 distraction ratio caused by other students....

And WTF?

This discussion doesn't change anything regarding my wife and I being forced under the bus by ACA.

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Aldakoopa
The ACA took me from having a little bit of money left over every month, to now having barely enough to get by these past two months. I now have to pick up a weekend job to be able to regrow my savings which has gotten depleted these past two months between an increase in my insurance rate and an unexpected hospital visit I had to take a couple of weeks ago; which, by the way, also cost more since the implementation of the ACA.

My insurance increased and so did my co-pays. WTF? Thanks, Obama...

And if there wasn't a law?

Your insurance would have increased and your co-pays. Just as my insurance (non-ACA) has done for the last 15 years. (And unless you worked for a large company, if you actually got seriously ill the insurance company would start denying and harass you into paying the costs out of pocket anyway and then cancel your policy when you couldn't get anything. )

Because it's the underling PRICE (not just cost!) of the medical care which is going up like crazy. And it's not the government which is making money, quite the contrary.

But an insurance company and medical providers love the opportunity to blame the next 5 years of greed and inflation on Obamacare.

I agree that the medical system is horrible. The ACA is a wimpy band-aid but it is not a primary problem. It is very modest change in insurance regulation. It was Republicans (and insurance of course!) who rejected any actual 'public option' (e.g. buy into Medicare) and didn't vote for the bill. Buying into medicare under 65 would have been cheaper for many.
edit on 22-11-2013 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-11-2013 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 11:56 PM
link   

ObjectZero
reply to post by abecedarian

I used to be upper middle class then a because middle middle class now I think I'm upper lower class to lower middle class, and that's all with out changing jobs or getting a pay cut.

So you were upper middle class, which making $100k to $200k a year, still make the same amount of money, and now you are lower class? You think that is lower class wage? Saying what I think is against T&C so .....

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join