It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

As a member of the middle class, I'm officially screwed.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 11:22 AM
link   

abecedarian
Well, that was a fun experiment. A topic without content managed to generate a fair number of replies.

Well, having suffered that, maybe an explanation is due?

I just did our budget for the next 4 months and if my wife and I pay the bills including rent, electricity, phone, child support to my ex's, car insurance, natural gas and ACA, we are over budget $300... and haven't bought food yet... and forgot to include the extra $700 the ACA requires me to pay for my two adult children.
Pretty impressive considering we get, before other taxes, $4000 a month, right?

It's starting to look like a class-action lawsuit against the government is in order.

edit on 11/22/2013 by abecedarian because: (no reason given)

Congrats. the ACA has just placed you in the welfare/untouchable class by proclamation of your overlord.

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Advantage

abecedarian
Well, that was a fun experiment. A topic without content managed to generate a fair number of replies.

I just did our budget for the next 4 months and if my wife and I pay the bills including rent, electricity, phone, child support to my ex's, car insurance, natural gas and ACA, we are over budget $300... and haven't bought food yet... and forgot to include the extra $700 the ACA requires me to pay for my two adult children.

It's starting to look like a class-action lawsuit against the government is in order.

Congrats. the ACA has just placed you in the welfare/untouchable class by proclamation of your overlord.

Not 'my overlord' by choice, but more by mandate imposed by the bleeding hearts.

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 11:29 AM
link   

abecedarian

Advantage

abecedarian

Not 'my overlord' by choice, but more by mandate imposed by the bleeding hearts.

LOL! I think it went well above the bleeding hearts' choice. Theyre chattel too and just havent realized it... yet. Useful idiots are expendable social tools. I think its more like your overlord has been appointed by your aristocracy/royal family. It was sure easy to press down "working class" to "welfare class". Pretty soon there will be only 2 classes. See you soon!

Been reading some William Graham Sumner ..

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by CosmicDude

Only way to stop this is THE PEOPLE REVOLUTION !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Something I dream of although I fear that's the only place it will happen , the people of the west are too brain washed , fat and lazy to do anything for themselves yet alone raise a revolution

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Things will be alright. If enough ignore the law, the insurance companies will go belly up by the end of 2014.

The resulting fallout will crash the economy and the dollar will be worth less that toilet paper...then everyone will be equally destitute.

Wealth redistribution by wealth devaluation. Pretty simple fun.

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Ahabstar
Things will be alright. If enough ignore the law, the insurance companies will go belly up by the end of 2014.

The resulting fallout will crash the economy and the dollar will be worth less that toilet paper...then everyone will be equally destitute.

A pretty painful "alright".
I dont know if that will be allowed really. We have all seen the artificial propping up for years ( even well before Obama) to keep the machine running. Im not sure it will be allowed to devalue. It would definitely be in China and Russia's disinterest to allow it... economically speaking.
Then again.. who knows the game. Its hard to pay it when you really dont know for sure what it is! LOL!

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 11:35 AM
link   
I'm still left looking like a deer in headlights.

No one will admit it, but I saw my cost of living nearly double under Clinton.
Maybe 15% under Bush II, and around 60% under Obama.
... not including the ACA crap....

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 11:41 AM
link   

abecedarian
I'm still left looking like a deer in headlights.

Youre about to have a whole bunch of deer for company. WHen the other aca shoe drops in 2014.. a whole herd of deer... unless it is stopped. I have high anxiety over insurance stuff. I have private insurance plus employer insurance on my middle kid.. liver transplant and chronic illness. I got smacked this year.. and expect to be soundly beaten to death next year...

I dont know what the solution is. The will of the public is pretty weak. All mouth and no action... so maybe we have to be beaten almost to death before we demand "change" we can live with.

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Well you could look at the bright side of things. Myself though, get rid of the cell phones! You just saved $$$! Now being Poor if some like to call it
Is not all that bad.

Unless you have 3-5 Credit cards! Bank owns everything you actually think you own! So have a chat with the wife and next the children. Might as well get use to cutting crap you really do not need! Sell off what you don't need or give it away, what ever will work for you.

Yes, X-mas is just around the corner, so do a giving away of stuff you have that collects dust anyway. When you hold on that stuff for so long, just the though of giving it away as a gift is even special since how many friends said they would Love to have that?

Do hate to hear the bad news! It is happening everywhere so might as well start now so it will not hit you later down the road! If one wants to ponder things, just look around at other people. Some have changes, some are changing, and some do not even consider it will happen to them.

Things are breaking apart in todays world. Instead of breaking with them. You could work to at least take care of your family and not follow down that crap road of things going to happen. I could have been nice, played it off like it ain't nothing going on. Then I would be just like them who think the world is normal.

Work it out, listen to yourself and do it now. My Prayers are with you! Change is something coming, either you are ready or not. It is still your choice to do what you have to do. Just remember to take it with kindness and not like some who go off the deep end!

Peace

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 11:53 AM
link   
You keep saying you are paying for the ACA. To whom are you paying $1600? Who is on the check?

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Ahabstar

Part of me wonders if thats the plan?

Crash the world econemy and start afresh.

Anyway I have my money stored in Swis Francs and hopefully abit of gold soon.

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 12:01 PM
link   

infoseeker26754
Well you could look at the bright side of things. Myself though, get rid of the cell phones! You just saved $$$! Now being Poor if some like to call it
Is not all that bad.

Unless you have 3-5 Credit cards! Bank owns everything you actually think you own! So have a chat with the wife and next the children. Might as well get use to cutting crap you really do not need! Sell off what you don't need or give it away, what ever will work for you.

Yes, X-mas is just around the corner, so do a giving away of stuff you have that collects dust anyway. When you hold on that stuff for so long, just the though of giving it away as a gift is even special since how many friends said they would Love to have that?

Do hate to hear the bad news! It is happening everywhere so might as well start now so it will not hit you later down the road! If one wants to ponder things, just look around at other people. Some have changes, some are changing, and some do not even consider it will happen to them.

Things are breaking apart in todays world. Instead of breaking with them. You could work to at least take care of your family and not follow down that crap road of things going to happen. I could have been nice, played it off like it ain't nothing going on. Then I would be just like them who think the world is normal.

Work it out, listen to yourself and do it now. My Prayers are with you! Change is something coming, either you are ready or not. It is still your choice to do what you have to do. Just remember to take it with kindness and not like some who go off the deep end!

Peace

Umm... Have no cell phones nor credit cards. I've mentioned it elsewhere, the only voluntary debt is Netflix. Have to admit though, it's comforting to hear the world is breaking apart and we're not the only ones experiencing it. Thanks for the motivation; I am listening to myself: F&&&& ACA. Obama promised "Change" and the only "CHANGE" has been towards the worse. And if you don't want me going off the deep end, at least make sure your hero's aren't false Messiah's.

Now, if my reply to your post doesn't make sense, imagine what I had to endure crafting my reply to your post.

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 12:04 PM
link   

damwel
You keep saying you are paying for the ACA. To whom are you paying $1600? Who is on the check?
Good question.

Part of me would guess the insurance companies we ignored previously are on the government dole now, but that would need to include the Democratic payroll too, as it's been proven Obama was the top recipient of donations from healthcare and related industries.

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by abecedarian

I do get off track some. Sorry!

It is no longer the Gov's fault anymore! People getting all worked up on this Health Care stuff. Hell, come to think of it. Has it changed at all?

It would be nice if everybody could go see a Dr at anytime and not have to give up the extra spending money to enjoy life. Now if Obama would have changed his tune and hit the hospital charging way over the costs for everything one might see this happening.

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by crazyewok

People that fill CEO and upper management position today jump from company to company, taking what they can and moving on to the next company. That large pay check is just in case they don't make the jump to the next company as fast as they thought they would.

It's hard to find the CEO's that worked their way up the company and want to make it greater.

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 12:24 PM
link   

abecedarian

damwel
Good question.

Part of me would guess the insurance companies we ignored previously are on the government dole now, but that would need to include the Democratic payroll too, as it's been proven Obama was the top recipient of donations from healthcare and related industries.

You have no idea because you are making this up. You see When you sign up for the ACA you pick from insurance plans from INSURANCE companies not from the ACA ( which is a law). If you had picked a plan that was costing you $1600 it would have been from Blue Cross, UHC, etc, the fact that you have no idea shows that you haven't even looked at Obamacare.

Why don't you just make a thread called Obama Sucks instead of making up lies. There is a real threat to the middle class and it's not the democrats, it's the Koch brothers.

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 12:34 PM
link   

damwel

abecedarian

damwel
Good question.

You have no idea because you are making this up. You see When you sign up for the ACA you pick from insurance plans from INSURANCE companies not from the ACA ( which is a law). If you had picked a plan that was costing you $1600 it would have been from Blue Cross, UHC, etc, the fact that you have no idea shows that you haven't even looked at Obamacare.

Why don't you just make a thread called Obama Sucks instead of making up lies. There is a real threat to the middle class and it's not the democrats, it's the Koch brothers.

Taxpayers pay for the subsidies.

Taxpayers pay for the government costs.

Taxpayers pay for the legislation.

Taxpayers pay for Medicaid and Medicare.

And who made the laws for ACA ?

All Democrats !!

The Democrats are the corporatists of ACA.

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 12:43 PM
link   
The ACA took me from having a little bit of money left over every month, to now having barely enough to get by these past two months. I now have to pick up a weekend job to be able to regrow my savings which has gotten depleted these past two months between an increase in my insurance rate and an unexpected hospital visit I had to take a couple of weeks ago; which, by the way, also cost more since the implementation of the ACA.

My insurance increased and so did my co-pays. WTF? Thanks, Obama...

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 12:44 PM
link   

damwel

abecedarian

damwel
Good question.

Not making it up.
My wife and I are in California, as is my son, and my daughter is in Utah.
I have to pay for the kids; for some reason my ex's don't.... And navigating the bull crap isn't easy.

If you think I'm wrong and making things up, why not show my what I should be doing?

My guess is you can't.

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 12:50 PM
link   

xuenchen
All Democrats !!

The Democrats are the corporatists of ACA.

I've mentioned elsewhere that Obama has received donations from healthcare and pharmaceuticals totaling more than twice the closest 'Republican' recipient.

Democrats get more contributions from them, yet Republicans are in bed with them?
And Democrats talk about hypocrites?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join