It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

As a member of the middle class, I'm officially screwed.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Never mind... it won't make sense to many of you.
edit on 11/22/2013 by abecedarian because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 10:10 AM
link   

abecedarian
Never mind... it won't make sense to many of you.

Give it a shot. I'm a blue collar middle class guy right here. Let's hear it.

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by abecedarian

Why don't you incorporate and get all the benefits of being a corporation.

LLC and write off all your expenses.

www.incorporate.com...

I even write off my dog food.

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 10:12 AM
link   

It`s not only you and not only in the US. Midle class will no longer exist soon. Society will be (or already is) formed by 1-2% of filthy rich "masters" and 98-99% slaves. Only way to stop this is THE PEOPLE REVOLUTION !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
edit on 22-11-2013 by CosmicDude because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 10:14 AM
link   

I used to be upper middle class then a because middle middle class now I think I'm upper lower class to lower middle class, and that's all with out changing jobs or getting a pay cut.

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Its funny people are so focused on the small amounts of welfare going down they forget the MASSIVE wealth distrabution going up.

Its the upward funnel that screwing things up.

Only way to to stop is to break the banking clans and political old boy networks up.

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 10:25 AM
link   
The BBC said last year that the old class system was dead, and they rbough in 7 new ones.
I turned out to be lowest of the low, seemed to be based on the fact i didnt own my own home...
depressing...

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 10:28 AM
link   

CosmicDude

It`s not only you and not only in the US. Midle class will no longer exist soon. Society will be (or already is) formed of 1-2% of filthy rich "masters" and 98-99% slaves. Only way to stop this is THE PEOPLE REVOLUTION !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
edit on 22-11-2013 by CosmicDude because: (no reason given)

That is 100% correct and they know that. This is why Democracy is the greatest farce ever. You keep us separated by parties and ideologies which keep us arguing amongst ourselves and keep us divided. Until we understand this basic principal we have 0% chance to ever get out of this modern day slavery.

Our country is so materialistic that I sadly believe that we would much rather get a new version of the Iphone than have our freedoms!!!

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 10:29 AM
link   
It's your own fault for not being rich enough to take advantage of republican tax breaks for the rich. It's those teachers unions getting all your money for 9 months of work. Better get rid of the unions quick. Scott walker will show you how to do it. Kasich fumbled the ball.

If you aren't rich enough to be republican then you don't matter anyway.

Vote republican, they will save you from the liberal "AGENDA".

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 10:34 AM
link   

crazyewok
Its funny people are so focused on the small amounts of welfare going down they forget the MASSIVE wealth distrabution going up.

Its the upward funnel that screwing things up.

Only way to to stop is to break the banking clans and political old boy networks up.

You don't hear anything about it because a lot of ignorant people here in the states thinks the trickle down theory works. And somehow these people can't see the it is failing miserably you can tell this when you see groups like the Tea Party that constantly votes against their better interest.

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 10:37 AM
link   
It'd be a step up for me to be middle class or a few steps. You're lucky

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 10:38 AM
link   

buster2010
[

You don't hear anything about it because a lot of ignorant people here in the states thinks the trickle down theory works. And somehow these people can't see the it is failing miserably you can tell this when you see groups like the Tea Party that constantly votes against their better interest.

Trickle down can work. I worked for a huge co operation and it made billions each months yet it paid even the lowest worker a damed good wage.

The problem is most big co operationdont dont follow that principle and just hord the money at the top, and use that money to buy political favours to protect there sorry areses.
edit on 22-11-2013 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Stop buying into the stratified class system BS. Dont assign yourself a class... PLEASE. It starts becoming a self fulfilling prophecy when you label yourself and identify with a certain group. Americans are starting to behave like their classes... we are starting to treat fellow Americans if we have a CASTE system. Its exactly what we have. Fast food/min wage class, welfare class, working class,... STOP IT.

There IS a social tipping point. We are close. Dont push it over the edge if you want the people to win. PLEASE read up on class and caste systems in the US, UK, India, etc... we think we are socially elevated above such things, but we have a caste system as surely as India which prevents upward mobility the same. We are about to destroy ourselves here in the US and UK.

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 10:49 AM
link   
I just dont get it when a company pays its top brass say 200 million or 2 billion each and pay it employees not even enough to LIVE on.

When they could take 100 million or a billion and pay the employee enough to live happy lives and ensure 100% loyalty to the company.

I just dont get the mentality.

Those at the top can still get a huge paycheck, more than enough to buy anything they want, certainly what they are woth yet they can make the world are far better place.

I can get it if its a small compnay and your trying to break even or you not takeing much home at the top. Or your trying to save money to grow the compnay ect

At the moment my little business is doing extremly well. If I have to employees someone at some point I just couldnt live with myself takeing all the money and treating who ever is under me as a slave.

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 10:53 AM
link   

crazyewok
I just dont get it when a company pays its top brass say 200 million or 2 billion each and pay it employees not even enough to LIVE on.

When they could take 100 million or a billion and pay the employee enough to live happy lives and ensure 100% loyalty to the company.

I just dont get the mentality.

Those at the top can still get a huge paycheck, more than enough to buy anything they want, certainly what they are woth yet they can make the world are far better place.

I can get it if its a small compnay and your trying to break even or you not takeing much home at the top. Or your trying to save money to grow the compnay ect

At the moment my little business is doing extremly well. If I have to employees someone at some point I just couldnt live with myself takeing all the money and treating who ever is under me as a slave.

Youre a good person.. a good mind.
They can do this without a pang of conscience because they buy into the class/caste system. That belief promotes this : "Those min wagers should be glad they have a job at all and I dont have to pay them because there are plenty more who will work for peanuts. Im a freaking saint for employing this min wager/welfare class joker at ALL. "

KWIM?

ETA : why do you think for some jobs they do credit checks? To determine your CLASS/CASTE system. Knowing just how desperate you are and how little you will take in pay for their maximum profit.
edit on 22-11-2013 by Advantage because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Advantage

Pretty sure I am untouchable.

But despite everything Gandhi said about caring for those less fortunate, there was a caste above him that did not acknowledge a single word for he was beneath them.

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Well, that was a fun experiment. A topic without content managed to generate a fair number of replies.

Well, having suffered that, maybe an explanation is due?

I just did our budget for the next 4 months and if my wife and I pay the bills including rent, electricity, phone, child support to my ex's, car insurance, natural gas and ACA, we are over budget $300... and haven't bought food yet... and forgot to include the extra $700 the ACA requires me to pay for my two adult children.
Pretty impressive considering we get, before other taxes, $4000 a month, right?

It's starting to look like a class-action lawsuit against the government is in order.

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Who are you paying $700 to?

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Ahabstar
reply to post by Advantage

Pretty sure I am untouchable.

But despite everything Gandhi said about caring for those less fortunate, there was a caste above him that did not acknowledge a single word for he was beneath them.

Hey old friend...
Since you invoked ol Gandhi.. you see where we are today. A caste system. We discard those "beneath" us. Im by far more untouchable than you in the strictest sense, but they DO let us savages in the club if we generate enough revenue. Our caste system is based on income, education, material wealth rather than family origin and name. We werent born into classes in the past.. we sure as hell are now.

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 11:21 AM
link   

damwel

Who are you paying $700 to?
It's nearly $900 for ACA for my wife and I... and to cover my two ADULT children is $700 on top of that.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join