It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Incredible `Time Machine` - link to the 1600s!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 04:16 PM
link   

schuyler

...Yes, you can believe what you want, but using the Bible as your definitive guide to history is like using Superman comics as the definitive guide to Gotham City... But did Noah live 900 years? Did Noah even live at all?

Of course not...

OK, but remember that ATS encompasses a wide spectrum of belief and opinion. From my POV, what you state above fails to deny ignorance. In the end, it comes down to which sources we have accessed and put our trust in. All too often, we lack the full range of facts and evidence. This lack is largely what makes this site viable. Be skeptical if you must, but keep looking. The truth/Truth is out there...

BTW, all the stories in this thread about older people remind me of an old Yoruba proverb: What an elder can see sitting down, a youth can't see standing up.
edit on 1-12-2013 by Lazarus Short because: dum-de-dum

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 05:09 PM
link   

forall2see
reply to post by mlifeoutthere

Correct me if I'm mistaken.... But wasn't the life expectancy of a person in that era close to say 35 years? In which case, anyone this man may have met from the 1600's would have happened only on very rare occasion, if at all. Also considering the fact that this his life took place during the immigration era.

Thoughts?

That was the average life expectancy but many died young. Infants and newborns had a high mortality rate, death during childbirth was common, and then there's the medicine side of things a war wound was more fatal back then despite the weaponry not being as lethal as todays. Those who made it into their 40's could live to 60-70, some even made it to 90 and I'm sure a very small portion went over 100.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Hey guys i thought i`d bump this thread with a picture

Robert Morvinson

www.telegraph.co.uk...

a picture of Robert Morvinson (above), who "was 82 when the photograph was taken; so he was born in 1775, when the United States was still a British colony, and Bonnie Prince Charlie was still alive".

Mind you thats nothing, as the guy in the OP was born way before this, and was much older at the time too born in 1749 i believe

Fascinating

I just thought of this topic by looking at colour footage from the early 1900s and realising that was once grainy blurry images of people from time gone by, when looked in colour are living real life flesh and blood from (in the time span of the universe), not that long ago, scary.
edit on 16-8-2014 by dinogirl because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 10:32 AM
link   
wow, no-one?
okay

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 10:59 AM
link   
a reply to: mlifeoutthere

Hows this for some history. Im 18 years old, born in the US in 1996. My father was born in 1940, in the middle of the WWII in the heartland of Ukraine. His dad, my grandpa was born in 1894. His dad, my great grandpa was born in 1861. That's nuts.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 11:01 AM
link   
yep, absolutly awesome just the thought

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 11:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aleister
reply to post by mlifeoutthere

India has socks older than the United States.

I almost choked on that ! That's some funny stuff..

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join