It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amazing..Crickets Audio Recording Slowed Down. Natures Majestic Choir

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by wtbengineer

Okay so there is absolutely no possibility of the different pieces of audio being slowed down to a different speed?

Layers and harmoniess can be generated by slowing down original pieces of audio to a certain speed.

Adjust the pitch/speed down and you can generate the harmonies produced in the original clip shown.

In your clip, the pitch/speed could of been adjusted to a much lower level, thus creating an entirely different sound.

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by brace22

You can do all kinds of things to any sound to manipulate it to sound like many other things, that is not what is claimed to have been done here. And that's not my clip.

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by wtbengineer

Well it isn't claiming to be recorded at that speed either haha

In fact I don't know of any low-speed audio recording devices. (In the same way of slow-mo cameras)

I just feel this is legit, both clips are. Just at different speeds and pitches and so on.

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 09:21 AM
link   
This is what I would expect the elevator to be playing in the afterlife. This sound is so impossibly rich. I am astounded. That God dude... He's aaalright!

Great find OP!

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by brace22

Well, no, obviously things are always recorded real-time and then manipulated during play-back. We can all believe as we choose, I don't mind.

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Gotta love the sound of crickets! I used to buy them a thousand at a time to feed my two Sonoran Desert Toads. The sound of one thousand crickets in a small space is awesome and I wish I would have recorded them before I let the toads go free. That cricket choir sure sounds amazing.

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Yay! Something fun to do! Off to the woods...

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 11:50 AM
link   
A little woo woo here :

Can you imagine if you were a creator ( Im not xtian but believe in a creator) and being in a different "wavelength"... time/speed being immaterial to this being... and being asked why you created the earth? What is the point for this creation? You would have to answer, for your own pleasure. Like we put on music for our own pleasure.

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Advantage

Thank you Advantage...If crickets can make such a glorious melody for our creator, can you imagine what other insects, flowers and even the rocks could make?

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by groingrinder

Thank you groingrinder..When I heard this, I was astounded. I put ear phones on and listened to the whole recording..I wanted to hear if there where any words. Lol.

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by SolarObserver

Makes me want to buy a good recorder..

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Checked the comments, seems the background music is from an American Indian YouTube video.

YouTube video link

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by IanPaul

That is hauntingly beautiful. I love how they added the woman's voice to it.

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 02:11 PM
link   

MysteriousEyes1
reply to post by Advantage

Thank you Advantage...If crickets can make such a glorious melody for our creator, can you imagine what other insects, flowers and even the rocks could make?

Or humans.

...all in concert. Must be whats described as seeing sounds and hearing colors..

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Anyone on here tech savvy enough to replicate what these people did?
Seems like it would give a definitive answer either way.

Real or hoax the music was nice but damn I hope its the Crickets lol

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by MysteriousEyes1

This is the most incredible thing I have ever heard!

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by IanPaul

Checked the comments, seems the background music is from an American Indian YouTube video.

That was produced by Jim Wilson and released on Raven Records. Jim Wilson is the guy that recorded the crickets and slowed it down.

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 04:49 PM
link   
This will clear up any mystery about the crickets.

This is the original recording of the crickets only here

This is the recording of the crickets with the opera singer Bonnie Jo Hunt added, along with her story as she told it to NPR here

The original recording dates back to a CD released in 1992 by Jim Wilson called God’s Cricket Chorus, portions of which ended up in a song from the same year called Ballad of the Twisted Hair, which Wilson produced.

The OP is in fact NOT a hoax but only crickets. I have provided all the proof you need.

Regards, Staroth~
edit on 24-11-2013 by Staroth because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Staroth

Has this been duplicated by other researchers? Being objective here, so if it hasn't been vertified, and it is as claimed, then it's such an important recording that several teams of university scientists should be put on an experiment to see if they can duplicate this 1983 experiment. As one of the posters said, they should make sure that all ranges of sounds be checked to ascertain which one would be the closest to the actual sound if 1) humans were hearing it, and 2) if crickets were hearing it. The testing groups should be independent of each other, and report their results at the same time.

edit on 24-11-2013 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 06:46 AM
link   
If this is real then all you need to do is record crickets and do it yourself there are lots of free audio editing software online so the affect should be easily reproduced
and no copyright infringement unless you plan to pay royalties to those crickets !

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join