It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China Announces That It Is Going To Stop Stockpiling U.S. Dollars

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 09:50 AM
link   

HawkeyeNation
Haven't they been saying this for year and years and years? OR did I just experience a break in the Matrix

Do you have a source for this? I did a search (very quick admittedly) and I failed to see anything like this in the past.

Thanks in advance!

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 09:51 AM
link   

OceanSpray

superman2012

OceanSpray

superman2012
reply to post by therealguyfawkes

Wow. Now that they are stopping this practice, I wonder how long it will be until they flood the market with greenbacks causing hyperinflation? They are the largest foreign holder of debt too. Interesting. I wonder if they are going to allow the yuan to go where it should have years ago?

problem for china doing that is that like it or not, we're all connected, so in effect they can only move the pieces around the board, they have no way of doing anything else, unless they leave the game.

to raise the yuan, they would create havoc in their country, prices would skyrocket and their peoples would no longer be able to survive as they are. their goods would increase in price exponentially and would therefore not sell. all the global fiat based systems are linked together and can only change if the whole changes.

Right, but if they place themselves to transition as the world reserve currency, with all the infrastructure, all the industries, all the manufacturing, what choice would the world have? Sure prices would skyrocket, but with the US in hyperinflation people in China might be better off as a communist country with higher wages. Then the government of China would be better off to provide for their people...or they would send out their drone workers across the world using their new found wealth to go out and purchase more of the same listed in my above post.
If the US dollar devalued and the Yuan actually went to where it should be, that would qualify as the whole global fiat systems changing does it not?

it would only serve to shift this game board, it would not effect the system of debt based society. the shift away from debt based society is where we need to go and that will be the change in the system. when debt is no longer created out of thin air. if you and i and several other put our extra money together, we loaned it to each other on an as needed basis and we charged each other no interest, we essentially would have no interest based debt, which would free up a huge amount of resources.

i used to wonder as a kid, why doesn't everyone in the country put our money together and borrow from each other, instead of the govt.\fed? my mortgage will be double what i borrowed, i will have paid off two houses and made them rich. what if i could pay off one and donate extra to the fund? what if everyone only had one mortgage to pay off, the sheer amount of resources saved would be astronomical for houses alone, without supporting parasites as middlemen.

Nothing to add except:

AMEN !!

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 09:57 AM
link   

DonVoigt
reply to post by OceanSpray

I'm starring that post as that is the way I have always thought things should be, considering I am one of the people you describe in that post.

many people seem to sense the "way things should be" and that my friend is the beginning. also thank you.

it's hard to admit sometimes, how we have, as a global community, been fooled for so long into thinking we are anything but equal in all ways.

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by OceanSpray

Unfortunately, we will always be little petty warring tribes. If we don't have a country to hate, we will hate a race of people. If we don't have that, then we will hate based on any difference from the majority. We are all just monkeys looking to fling that next piece of poo.

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by superman2012

i can laugh at that image easily.

many monkeys walk the earth today but it is my belief that those who desire more from life will prevail. i have seen hope in the eyes of many i meet and i will not give up while i have the ability to walk this earth and i have a suspicion, neither will you my friend.

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Also, China is getting ready to make another move against the dollar. Crude oil futures may soon be priced in yuan on the Shanghai Futures Exchange. Their going to use medium sour crude as its benchmark. And their securing regulatory approvals. China, overtook the United States as the world’s top oil importer in September.

Their hoping the contract will become a benchmark in Asia. And they will allow foreign investors to trade in the contract without setting up a local subsidiary. China is importing more oil from Saudi Arabia than the US.
China has an enormous amount of economic power globally, and they want the rest of the world to start using less U.S. dollars and to start using more yuan.

Three years after China allowed the yuan to start trading in Hong Kong’s offshore market, banks and investors around the world are positioning themselves to get involved in what Nomura Holdings Inc. calls the biggest revolution in the $5.3 trillion currency market since the creation of the euro in 1999.

China’s yuan makes waves on international currency markets.

They just recently signed a major currency agreement with the European Central Bank.

The swap deal will allow more trade and investment between the regions to be conducted in euros and yuan, without having to convert into another currency such as the U.S. dollar first, said Kathleen Brooks, a research director at FOREX.com. "It's a way of promoting European and Chinese trade, but not doing it with the U.S. dollar," said Brooks. "It's a bit like cutting out the middleman, all of a sudden there's potentially no U.S. dollar risk."

There is about ten other agreements, being signed all over the world. China has been playing chess. While the US has been playing checkers......

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 12:32 PM
link   

OceanSpray
reply to post by superman2012

i can laugh at that image easily.

many monkeys walk the earth today but it is my belief that those who desire more from life will prevail. i have seen hope in the eyes of many i meet and i will not give up while i have the ability to walk this earth and i have a suspicion, neither will you my friend.

Great post. I think that's all we can really do--just work hard to awaken as many good people as possible, and know that eventually we'll hit a critical mass where humanity is willing to say ENOUGH to the rampant corruption and exploitation of the many by so very few.

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 12:40 AM
link   
China no longer stockpiling our dollar's? Finally there will be more liquidity for us. We need those dollars to spend and invest, stock market going up like crazy. C'mon FED keep up QE, tapering sucks, we're getting rich here, we need more money not less!

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 12:51 AM
link   
reply to post by DonVoigt

Yes but keep in the mind the golden rule.

The one with the gold makes the rules.

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Your quote

"For example, have you ever gone into a dollar store and wondered how anyone could possibly make a profit by making those products and selling them for just one dollar? "

Rule 101 of business, buy low and sell high.

You have 100 rolls a tape, that cost you .50 each, you sell them for $1.00 each, what's your profit?
Now you buy a pallet full of 10 thousand rolls at .10 each, you sell them for $1.00, what's your profit now?

These products they sell have already been bought from a supplier and sold to whom ever. When the overstock does not sell, dollar story will buy them by the ton from whom ever. As you can see from the store, 99.99% of the stuff sold none perishable items, and what is perishable is sold from the freezers, which can have a shelf life of 6 months.

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Excellent news! At least, I hope so, as it is the next logical step if the economic war we've been waging is more than just my imagination. I've been expecting the Chinese to be pushed to scale back their collection of dollars at the worst possible time (for China, as well as, unfortunately, many middle class Americans who have been whittling away their life savings listening to fear mongers for years, staying out of the stock market, scrambling for gold before it hits $10,000/oz by the end of 1992-2013 (pick a year, it's all been said for at LEAST 20 years now.

The more likely scenario -and such optimistic attitudes toward the U.S. economy are generally ridiculed and yet always proven right. In the 1970's, the US economy was going to fall apart forever, and the big bad committees were going to rule the world. What followed was massive economic growth in the US and the collapse of the Soviet economy (and of course the Soviet Union as well.)

The Japanese were buying up properties and would soon own the US. Then we pulled the rug out, made a killing, and Japan's economy went splat.

The EU. Oh yes, the Euro would destroy us. Oops, nevermind.

We've been orchestrating these things for decades. Above was a lazy, simple explanation, but once you really s study the history of economic warfare, it becomes overly transparent. The Chinese are going to be stuck with a small debt imbalance, wishing it were more as the value of the dollar climbs. It may be hocus pocus, but it is what it is. The monetary supply has expanded, yes, but the demand for dollars has and will expand further.

I have no proof, and I'm not great at explaining it, but this news is good news for the U.S., not bad. The downside to economic warfare it's the benefit to the majority of us is delayed, though we bear the brunt of the pain on the way, but to be sure, we (the middle 99.9%) will experience economic growth in the form of "scraps" that will have us describing the next economic golden age in 5-10 years.

Well it happen for sure? No, but history shows it is far more likely than the constant, and heretofore wrong doomsayers predictions.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join