It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Zuckerberg: Immigration 'one of biggest civil rights' issues of our time

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 05:00 AM
link   
I didn't find this listed in ATS so I thought I would.

It would seem that Mr Zuckerberg does not know what words mean. consider this quote;

“I think this is one of the biggest civil rights issues of our time,” Zuckerberg told reporters and the room of young coders from across the U.S.

It would seem that an understanding or a lack of it concerning the word "Civil" needs to be brought up. Civil is the word given to mean Civilian so what Zuckerberg is saying is “I think this is one of the biggest "civilian" rights issues of our time,”

A civilian of any nation is a legal resident or citizen of that nation who is not involved in Military or Religious work. Civilians workers are legal, law abiding citizens of a Nation.

He also claims in the article that 20 of the young people in that room are illegal immigrants.

where a group of 20 young immigrants who came to the country illegally as children

An outright admission of breaking the law in hiring illegal workers to do the work of 20 legal civilian Americans who are out of work. The X Generation can not get work in the tech fields they are trained in because Zuckerberg and others like Google, Apple and Microsoft are hiring illegal workers to do the job of able bodied and capable Americans and/or are going overseas to use a cheaper labor force available.

for example: would AT&T, Microsoft, Google and many other companies pay minimum wage to Americans to man call centers for their clients? Why should they pay Americans $5 to $7 per hour when they pay a Filipino in the Philippines to do the same job for less that $5 per DAY?

America is not the place to fight for civil rights for illegals in our country who are illegally taking the jobs out of Legal civil Americans and impose those rights on those who are not legal civilians. When legal citizens are denied work so illegals can have the work it goes against support of all that the US stands for.

The greatest civil rights that needs to be fought is that for legal citizens to have the right to jobs that Illegals have been taking.

The underlying tones is that Zuckerberg like many other want and promote a one world system where we are all civilians of the world and not of any particular nation.

While these men and corporations sound so righteous in their causes what we see is they use illegals and taking jobs overseas as a way to make more PROFIT so that the rich get richer and poor get poorer.

edit on 22-11-2013 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

+12 more 
posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 05:12 AM
link   
reply to post by ChesterJohn

We are all the descendants of immigrants ...

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 05:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

Hiding behind a misnomer drug abusing name like bob marley really shows your smarts.

The founding of our nation was by force and yes it was taken but by England, Spain, Dutch and the French not the by the current US. Many like my ancestors were forced to come to the New World that is against their will so that their master could become richer and richer at the expense of their blood.

And not until this population grew here more by birth than by immigration did the current US rebel against Briton and France. And yes the older US did in fact migrate west and take the lands of natives and for that the current US is paying Billions since the 1950's to compensate for that. While England, France and The dutch have paid nothing for forcing people here against their wills. It was the Dutch who brought Blacks to American shores and sold them as slaves after they purchased those slaves from the victorious black tribes of Africa.

I can tell, you act as if the US came over here and took this land and you are ignorantly posting pictures using native Americans to push an idea that is not even based in truth. If you want to do good, dwell not on the past but dwell on the future for in it is your fate.

and besides I think your missing the point by your narrow mindedness

for example did the native have in placed closed boarders system that require that those who wish to enter need to go through a process before they entered?

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 05:30 AM
link   

Do you think the borders of America should be wide open?

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 05:35 AM
link   
reply to post by ChesterJohn

I will try and address your points to the best of my ability since as you pointed out I am not smart and hide behind Bob Marley.

Yes, the founding of pretty much every nation was done by force so this is not anti-USA sentiment on my behalf, in fact my ancestors were the ones raping and pillaging (not proud of it, just saying.

Well, you incorrectly assume that I act as if the US came over here and took this land...it was mostly the British, French, and Spanish. Please state where I "acted" as if the USA came and took this land...last I heard they won it in a war against the British with the help of the French.

So, as far as I can tell...it seems you partially agree that we are all immigrants, so what separates immigrants back then from the current day immigrants?

I am not trying to be a jerk here but you totally went off your rocker in your response and I am guessing you missed my point, or that you disagreed with it to the point where you felt the need to resort to personal attacks?

Illegal immigration in America is a serious topic, especially for the every day tax payers who suffer due to the free hand outs to those who don't even pay taxes. I actually agree with you to some extent but finding solutions versus pointing fingers will alleviate the problem in the long run.
edit on 11/22/2013 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 05:36 AM
link   
A broader question to those who are proponents of illegal immigration;

Should any country have borders?

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 05:36 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

No, I do not think that.

Please quote where I said or implied anything remotely close to that, or was this an amateurish attempt to derail and deflect?

ETA:

OP is already doing a good enough job of that...

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 05:53 AM
link   

Corruption Exposed
reply to post by beezzer

No, I do not think that.

Please quote where I said or implied anything remotely close to that, or was this an amateurish attempt to derail and deflect?

ETA:

Those that feel illegal immigrants should get a pass must feel that borders are a thing of the past, yes?

Why have borders in the first place, if laws are not going to be applied?

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 05:59 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

I answered your question, now please answer mine

My opinion is that your response had no relevance to my post.

Perhaps we can try again?

Thanks!

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 06:02 AM
link   

Corruption Exposed
reply to post by beezzer

I answered your question, now please answer mine

My opinion is that your response had no relevance to my post.

Perhaps we can try again?

Thanks!

*sigh*

I'm not trying to deflect.

Just making a simple observation.

Those that feel that illegal immigrants should get a pass must feel that borders are a thing of the past.

Why have borders at all, if people crossing illegally won't be prosecuted for breaking the law?

Are you a proponent of illegal immigration?

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 06:43 AM
link   

I was not intending any personal attack but merely responding to a response that was limited in any view of immigration as addressed in the OP. I apologize.

While we may be immigrants in a general way, my ancestors were not voluntary immigrants in the current way of understanding as to a nation of closed borders.

In those days gone by it was not called immigration it was called colonization which would make my ancestors, whose debt was sold to the Virginia company in the 1600's, to which they were forced against their will to colonize the New World. They were not called immigrants they were called engendered servants or in other words Slaves of English colonizers.

So your use of immigrants is in a retrospective way and not representing the current truth of American History or concerning the current illegal immigrant problem that takes away Millions of jobs from legal citizens.

My real concern is in the way these companies are using the "civil rights" term to represent people who legally have no rights in this country because they entered illegally and people like Zuckerberg want them to be given citizenship without going through the proper procedures that undermined our closed border policies of lawful entry.

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 06:47 AM
link   

Corruption Exposed
reply to post by beezzer

No, I do not think that.

ETA:

Bob,

When you make broad statements without clarification you leave it up to the reader to interpose interpretation of your words. So instead of responding with one sentence (which is against the ATS rules for posting) always present your view completely so no one, like I had done, can misunderstanding what you are trying to say.

It seems I was not the only one who read into your words but you gave us no choice but to interpret your picture and post as I and beezzer had.

I personally do not feel countries should be without borders. And those like Zuckerberg are truly seeking a world without borders when they feel we should give American Civil rights to those who are here illegally.

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 06:54 AM
link   
Get rid of all the borders...they are imaginary lines used to keep people separated.

All human beings on this earth require food, clean water, healthcare, education, shelter....who is to decide which people deserve these necessities...and which do not?

Why do we call 'poor' countries 'third world' countries? There is no third world...no first or second either. There is one world...one earth...and we are all here together.

Separating people by calling some civilians...seriously, we are NOT our jobs...we are NOT our religions (or lack of)...we are NOT our belongings...we are human beings...people.

If we are here, we DESERVE the necessities of life. All of us.
Just my opinion.
jacygirl

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 07:00 AM
link   

That doesn't apply here. First of all, did you not know there were no borders, much less a country established at that time? U.S. didn't exist. We have a country with laws now, and a border. It annoys me when people can't think dynamically. Okay, If you want to follow that train of thought, are you going to move to a reservation and let illegal immigrants have your home? Since it's the same thing, am I right?

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 07:01 AM
link   

ChesterJohn

It would seem that Mr Zuckerberg does not know what words mean.

I'm pretty sure they don't let people into Harvard without making sure they know what words mean first. Maybe you're misunderstanding what he mean't? Maybe he made a mistake? People do that.

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 07:05 AM
link   
reply to post by jacygirl

In a perfect world, sure. And we'd all have mansions, free food and there wouldn't be a need for money, that would be great. But, we don't live in a perfect world and just because something sounds good, doesn't mean that's how it will work. If you try and over simplify things in an already complicated world, things will just fall apart.

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 07:07 AM
link   

There is no doubt that we are all human and deserve to have life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness for these are basic rights given us by our creator.

but at the same time we are one of the only countries in the world that Has or had a constitution that guaranteed that to native born and LEGAL immigrants.

So I would ask you to experiment with your belief. Go to Brazil, England or any other nation other than the US. Cross over illegally and then take a job and see what it is like and how it affects the people of that country and their economy.

if you take away all borders you eliminate an effective economy. And all nations recorded in history who had done just that i.e. Babylon Empire, Medes and Persian Empires, Greece, Egypt and Rome, all were destroyed by the very system they erected. Open borders do not work to the Economic environment of success and prosperity of any nation.

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 07:08 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnnySasaki

Degrees don't make idiot's smart it just means they are educated idiots.

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 07:22 AM
link   

ChesterJohn
reply to post by JohnnySasaki

Degrees don't make idiot's smart it just means they are educated idiots.

Educated idiots? That's a joke right? Tell me that's a joke.

The point is, they don't just let any "idiot" into Harvard. If idiots can make it into Harvard, why don't you go apply. Surely you'd have no problem getting in, lol.

Also, how many idiot billionaires do you know? How many of them are still in their 20's? If you're so smart, why aren't you a billionaire yet?
edit on 22-11-2013 by JohnnySasaki because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 07:28 AM
link   

ChesterJohn

if you take away all borders you eliminate an effective economy. And all nations recorded in history who had done just that i.e. Babylon Empire, Medes and Persian Empires, Greece, Egypt and Rome, all were destroyed by the very system they erected. Open borders do not work to the Economic environment of success and prosperity of any nation.

Which countries do you believe have an economic environment of success and prosperity? Are there any countries where there are NO starving or homeless people? Are there any countries that DESERVE success and prosperity more than others?
Why do some people deserve mansions and toys, while across an imaginary line people are starving, or dying while trying to cross that imaginary line to TRY to have a better life?

It's NOT a perfect world...but it could be. People have to stop the separation. No one is more deserving than another. I stand by my opinion, regardless of how 'kumbaya' anyone thinks it is.
There has to be a better way.
jacygirl

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join