It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Parents receive threatening letters regarding mandatory medical/dental exams for their kids.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 10:01 AM
link   

jimmyx
do you know how many people don't take care of their kids health?...schools have been sued over not calling authorities when measles or mumps infected a portion of kids at elementary schools. therefore, they have had to take some type of action, so that when they come to school they are not going to pass on some disease or sickness to other kids. even my own son back in the 90's told my wife and I, that there were kids that came to school who smelled and had dirty clothes on, there was an out break of lice at his elementary school one time. also, remember these schools are mostly run by local school boards, and rules like this are often generated by other parents complaints and election of people that take action.

jimmyx,

You are aware that lice favour clean hair aren't you? Or is the stigma of "smelly kids" have lice still intertwined in your brain???

There is invariably going to be parents who don't look after their children as they should, but no amount of forced dental or medical examinations is going to rid the world of this. Educating the parents, or the children in good hygiene, money matters etc. is what will ease the trend.

And as a side note, the problem is exacerbated by the fact that your nation allows every man and his dog to sue everyone over everything...causing many of the problems your nation faces today.

Government have no place in determining the upbringing f a child unless there is "beyond reasonable doubt", if you allow them to undermine a parents ethics (be it good, or indifferent) you run the risk of eliminating the necessity of parenting and the benefits that it brings to people and society!

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Ha if people thought healthcare was financially out of control they should take a look at the cost of dental - it's utterly ridiculous even WITH insurance. Responsible parents SHOULD take their kids to regular yearly physicals and as adults we should continue to do them for ourselves.

But that's where I draw the line. The school's job is to TEACH. Not to dictate when and how often our kids are checked up for health and dental. Not to tell us what we can pack in their lunches. Teach damnit and let us parent. If there are concerns about the parents' ability to actually parent then involve CPS/DCF. But don't mandate stuff to us. BULLARKY!

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 10:58 AM
link   
What is the school going to do, if you fill out the form yourself? Are they going to call the Dr. and Dentist of every student, every time this gets sent home?

That is what I would do, if I had to live in that state. Thankfully, I don't.
Things are bad enough here, and my boys are grown.

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Cabin

So parents should have the personal freedom of killing their child?

Here comes the authoritarians with their fallacies.

You're absolutely right. Without the public schools holding parent's hands, we wouldn't know what to do with our kids.

We should implement this in Ohio. Twenty kids just dropped dead the other day because their parents were too daft to take them to the doctor.

Actually, that was a lie.

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 12:51 PM
link   

pstrron
So why are you still living there if you know that it is a Police State? Any normal person would leave such a place as fast as they can. And your reason for staying is?

It costs money to leave.

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Asktheanimals
If they were actually concerned for the children's health it would be far more efficient and economical for them to have a dr and a dentist come to school and do exams there for a couple of days.
But it's not about the kids it's about control.
So what do they do to parents who cant afford to take their child to the dentist every 6 months? (which is too often for most kids anyway)
edit on 22-11-2013 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

The way i see it is this;

If something is compulsory, the state pays the bill.

If it's voluntary, the parents do.

How hard is that?

If the state refuses to foot the bill, you don't comply..simple.

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 04:03 PM
link   

pstrron
So why are you still living there if you know that it is a Police State? Any normal person would leave such a place as fast as they can. And your reason for staying is?

Most of us can't afford to just up and leave the country, as much as we may wish to. I am glad you're able to do so, should you need to.

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 04:11 PM
link   
I could go into natural selection and all of those goodies... but I wont. I HATE this, but the sad fact is that so many dumbasses breed and cant manage to figure out how to care for their offspring, sometimes they need a kick in the ass to even care for their own. Our fault. Now we pay for it. I swear to you, there really are grown idiot adults that cant manage to get kids adequate medical treatment for serious problems, much less screening and maintenance visits to prevent major problems.

I do not need nannying. Until they remove this option, I will continue to homeschool.

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Advantage
I could go into natural selection and all of those goodies... but I wont. I HATE this, but the sad fact is that so many dumbasses breed and cant manage to figure out how to care for their offspring, sometimes they need a kick in the ass to even care for their own. Our fault. Now we pay for it. I swear to you, there really are grown idiot adults that cant manage to get kids adequate medical treatment for serious problems, much less screening and maintenance visits to prevent major problems.

I do not need nannying. Until they remove this option, I will continue to homeschool.

dumbasses breed and cant manage to figure out how to care for their offspring

sometimes they need a kick in the ass to even care for their own

I swear to you, there really are grown idiot adults that cant manage to get kids adequate medical treatment for serious problems

GOVERNMENT GETS WHAT GOVERNMENT WANTS!!!
Its no accident that those parents exist. Tell me, who was it that was responsible for educating them?

Problem, Reaction, Solution.
Create a problem, wait for a reaction (thats you), then offer the solution, and that solution is CONTROL of everyones lives, even down to taking control of our children.

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Pinkorchid

I thought since we are all part of everything we continue to evolve in cycles to our environment.
This makes me think the government want's to stop this from happening. Why cause as each life cycle we continue to develop to achieve a higher awareness of everything. The L S D drug that was developed by a professor at a college in the US in the 60's, he was hired by the TPCG to research this drug. This drug opened up the pineal gland the third eye. L S D enhanced this gland. What this drug does is incredible if used in a controlled research. The vaccines that our government wants to inject into us keeps the pineal gland in check to keep the Pineal Gland from development and us to mature into our true self. Fluoride is used in the water supply to do the same thing. Fluoride builds up in the pineal gland. TPCG wants to have control on us. That's why they do this. To control us and our future generations.

Research this
edit on 22-11-2013 by The only 1 who knows the because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by pstrron
[m

The schools get Federal Grants so they have to comply or lose Federal Grant Money. We should all press for a law if we home school our kids we shouldn't have school taxes. We should all press for another law once our kids graduate no more school taxes.

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 08:53 PM
link   
My daughter participates in sports, so therefore is required to have a sports physical on file every year. I don't have health insurance for her as I can't afford it, but I don't qualify for assistance. I have always taken her for a yearly physical regardless. If there is a problem, I would like to know about it sooner than later. How many stories do you read every year of an athelete dropping dead because of an undetected heart or other medical condition? Granted, something could develop between physicals, but perhaps something might send up a red flag.

I do have dental insurance for her through my employer as she was cursed with my teeth. But I also take her twice a year for her dental exams.

That's just me. But some people don't believe in doctors or medicine. For instance the people whose child died because it was against their religion and believed prayer would fix it. You can also opt of of mandatory vaccines due to religious reasons as well. People SHOULD be responsible and take care of the health and well being of their children, but the government should NOT be dictating that they do so.

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 07:21 AM
link   
They may only be 'testing' this law in NY, but it will soon be in all states.
They force the working class to by a 'new, improved' insurance plan, which they can't afford. The outrageous deductible on top of the premiums will make it nearly impossible to make ends meet, and have much quality to life.
States already take custody away from parents who don't want to put their children through chemo and radiation when there is NO hope of stopping their advanced disease.
The way things are going, what's next? They take your child away because you don't have money for braces? Can't afford to get that mole removed? Don't want that surgery that MAY improve the quality of your child's life, or MAY leave him/her crippled?
If the government isn't trying to reduce the majority of the population into being dependent on government aid in order to survive, then I'd like to know what the plan really is.
Nugget

P.S. How much longer will it be before our government tells us how many children we can have? Or WHO will be allowed to have children, and who will not?
It almost looks like TPTB are taking a little of Nazi Germany, throwing in a little of China, and creating a 'NEW, IMPROVED' America.
edit on 6u77America/Chicago301 by nugget1 because: To add comment

top topics

<< 1   >>

join