It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OMG....This 'racist' madness has got to stop

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 01:31 PM
link   
I have a PB&J sammich every night with milk before bed. I guess I'm racist.

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by snarky412

I, for one, couldn't care less when people use the "race card". It is the sign of a poor argument or a poor mind...sometimes both.

edit on 22-11-2013 by superman2012 because: I couldn't care less, not I could care less! I already don't care enough!

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Ever since Harvey was brought in, most of the topics turn into childish jokes about penises and race. It's the same every episode, someone gets tricked into saying these things and Harvey giggles like a schoolboy.

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Domo1
I tend to give people the benefit of the doubt when they're under pressure. My mind hops from one thing to the next so fast banana.

Yeah...I really don't think that the contestant meant anything racist by it...she spazzed.
I'm sure she was just trying to think of something to describe their appearance and said "black" not meaning race...but by the appearance of dead people.

No...I don't think that black people look like zombies.
Dead people turn black...all colors and races turn black after being dead...and who knows, maybe they're green if they rose from the dead.

Why would anyone go on national TV with a Person of color hosting the show (I love me some Steve Harvey) and blurt out a racist response like that...on purpose?
They wouldn't , of course.

Q: "Tell me something you'd describe snow as?"
A: "It's white"
GASP! That's a racist remark! How dare you!

edit on 22-11-2013 by AFewGoodWomen because: there...their...they're-you know how it goes

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Happy1
reply to post by WilsonWilson

The MSM and the liberals keep trying to push a "race war" against blacks and whites -

All of us middle class people know people of EVERY ethnic mix - and work with them.

If you want to make "the War" they're pushing against welfare gatherers - There's more "white trash" than blacks in the US altogether. And most of america knows this -

The liberals have nothing but stupidity on their side - and God knows there's enough stupid people in the US to keep electing them.

Makes you wonder why both the dems and repubs are now pushing an "amnesty" for all illegal immigrants - of all kind of colors and character -

A "race war" is what they've been aiming at for years -

I think it will only happen in the inner cities.

Yeah, really.
If we were really as racist as the MSM likes to portray us...we would be fighting in the street as EVERYONE has some sort of mixed blood now.
I'm over it.
I think everyone is over it...but the MSM won't let it go.
You're right...it is a house divided.
By design.

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 02:52 PM
link   

tsingtao

WilsonWilson
Eskimo is not racist, it's a perfectly valid term!
Not all eskimos are Inuit, but all Inuit are eskimos!

how bout an inuit in france?

I was under the understanding that "Eskimo", although used innocently, is actually a derogatory term to them.

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 03:48 PM
link   
She does have a point, over 90% of blacks still follow Obama like zombies even after all the blatant lies he's told, tells and will continue to tell.
But black zombie sounds more like a drink, maybe she is a drunken lush and it happens to be her favorite drink.

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by AFewGoodWomen

I am pretty sure if I pull up a 1960's geography text book they will be referred to as Eskimos, I actually remember having to do a project on Eskimo's. So while some of us grew up in a time when this was accepted as the norm, it is difficult to wrap heads around all this touchy reference to what was once acceptable.

OMG does this mean The Edmonton Eskimos (CFL team) are going to have to have a name change like the Washington team to make them politically correct?

As for black being offensive in reference to a Zombie, are they not 'dead' therefore the skin has rotted and decayed thus turning black?

How Stuff Works.comA few days after death, these bacteria and enzymes start the process of breaking down their host. The pancreas is full of so many bacteria that it essentially digests itself [source: Macnair]. As these organisms work their way to other organs, the body becomes discolored, first turning green, then purple, then black.

Underline mine on above quote. She was correct in her answer, only those who would make it into bigotry and racism are wrong.

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 06:12 PM
link   

intelligenthoodlum33
I saw the title of this thread and thought, "Finally!"

Then I read through the posts and realized that this thread is just the same ole, same ole.

Oh well. Have fun.

Please, elaborate.
I am open to all discussions.

I just don't understand how the word 'black', can be construed as racist.
Now if she had said 'black man' well then, that would have been different.

But she didn't.
She named a color, not a person.
No different than saying the kid has a 'black' eye. No offense there

If the crazy white people who like to police our language would just take a step back and get out of this 'white guilt' phobia they obviously have and ask a person of color what they think of this lady's answer or the PB&J stigma, the people would probably look at them like they are off their meds or something.

Much respect~
snarky

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 05:16 PM
link   

whatnext21
reply to post by AFewGoodWomen

I am pretty sure if I pull up a 1960's geography text book they will be referred to as Eskimos, I actually remember having to do a project on Eskimo's. So while some of us grew up in a time when this was accepted as the norm, it is difficult to wrap heads around all this touchy reference to what was once acceptable.

OMG does this mean The Edmonton Eskimos (CFL team) are going to have to have a name change like the Washington team to make them politically correct?

As for black being offensive in reference to a Zombie, are they not 'dead' therefore the skin has rotted and decayed thus turning black?

How Stuff Works.comA few days after death, these bacteria and enzymes start the process of breaking down their host. The pancreas is full of so many bacteria that it essentially digests itself [source: Macnair]. As these organisms work their way to other organs, the body becomes discolored, first turning green, then purple, then black.

Underline mine on above quote. She was correct in her answer, only those who would make it into bigotry and racism are wrong.

I agree, I remember doing classwork in kindergarten and igloos and eskimos were used as examples...I didn't have any idea that the native people took offense to it until later, same thing with the term redskin. Once I knew it was an offensive word, I tried to avoid using it. I've already stuck my foot in my mouth by calling someone an Indian giver...turned out they were actually part Native American Indian. Lesson learned, I never want to feel like that again!

I think that they might have to find another way to describe a certain potatoes now...Irish and red ones.

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 04:53 AM
link   
reply to post by snarky412

I think he's referring to how this thread is just a bunch of people on "their side" saying the same things they've been saying for years.

These posts on here are really just typical partisan banter.

This argument has been going on for years and neither side has made any progress. The thread title is "this has to stop!", and the whole thread offers nothing new to either side of the argument.

I also think a lot of you don't understand Steve Harvey's sense of humour. He doesn't get offended very easily, he's just a joker. All of these people saying "Steve turned it into a racist comment!" are not very bright IMO. If you watch the clip, he makes a mockery of it and cracks a joke. He doesn't care. It's television. If you take anything Steve Harvey says seriously, the joke is on you. His TV personality is pure sarcasm.
edit on 8-12-2013 by TheRegal because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join