It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Charles Manson Today:The Final Confessions of a Psychopath

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Kangaruex4Ewe

[quote[I don't understand why he continues to get attention. I have seen interviews where he looks like "the cat that ate the canary" whenever he has a "captive" audience to listen to his idiotic musings. He strokes his own ego enough that there was never any need for anyone else to do it for him.

Charles Manson? Agreed... He's a sick old bastard with the mentality of a child and the odd charisma some people have naturally to attract followers.

I'd read a book a number of years ago by a University student doing work on serial killers where he'd pen pal'ed several of them, with Manson being one of the many. What struck me was the pure nonsensical silliness that came out of Manson for his material, compared to others we all know the names of. Most of the worst killers seem highly intelligent. Bundy types...but Manson got his noodle cooked extra cripsy somewhere along the way.

He's the living monument to the failure of California abolishing the Death Penalty for the period it had. How many years has he now been supported in comfort, full health at our expense and every consideration given for a man in his position? .....so we can be damn sure he never leaves Corcoran alive and dies in the cell he sits in. So long as nature does it..and not us..that's supposed to be different somehow. It's EXPENSIVE..but it doesn't strike me as any different morally.

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by lakespirit

You know this pisses me off...but, honestly I'm not mad very often, but the thought that the people have had to support simple minded bastard for 40 + years he has spent inside is Unexcuseable.
I don't blame the OP at all, just serves as a reminder of how poorly the system works.

Even worse is that the media feels they need to remind of this murderer, and that now he has another ..uurrgghh.

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Wrabbit2000

Charles Manson? Agreed... He's a sick old bastard with the mentality of a child and the odd charisma some people have naturally to attract followers.

I'd read a book a number of years ago by a University student doing work on serial killers where he'd pen pal'ed several of them, with Manson being one of the many. What struck me was the pure nonsensical silliness that came out of Manson for his material, compared to others we all know the names of. Most of the worst killers seem highly intelligent. Bundy types...but Manson got his noodle cooked extra cripsy somewhere along the way.

He's the living monument to the failure of California abolishing the Death Penalty for the period it had. How many years has he now been supported in comfort, full health at our expense and every consideration given for a man in his position? .....so we can be damn sure he never leaves Corcoran alive and dies in the cell he sits in. So long as nature does it..and not us..that's supposed to be different somehow. It's EXPENSIVE..but it doesn't strike me as any different morally.

His brain is indeed fried... many times over. It seems to me that he tries extra hard to be "mysterious" and a "visionary" of sorts when he talks. He overdoes it IMO. He spews gobbledy gook with an air that screams "I know the secret to life". I am sure he believes it too. He's insane though and that being his excuse, what is the excuse for the folks that hang onto every word? It boggles the mind.

I concur with you about the death penalty as well. I would almost be willing to bet that it has run into 7 figures to keep him safe and supplied with 3 hots and a cot for decades on end. I don't think there is much of a difference morally between taking his freedom of living a free life and taking his physical life. While I would not want to be the one to pull the switch or administer the injection, I would also not want to foot the bill for his every need for years and years. A catch 22 I suppose.
edit on 11/22/2013 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 08:59 AM
link   
First of all, how old was Manson before being convicted of a murder he supposedly planned and didn't do, and who went to jail, the ones who did it, or not?

I don't trust anything that goes down.

Laurel Valley, head of the cia brats, and mkultra programs, and many sacrifices. Also cia facility there.

Head patsies, fall guys, while the real murderers and real planners moved elsewhere, is the most likely scenario.

Im not whitewashing him, he's also presented himself dysfunctionally. However, there is a bigger dysnfunctional group behind him and it goes right to the top. Doesn't mean he is the guilty party however. I don't believe in the news versions of anything anymore. He could be a victim of their cia drug testing and programs and could be very dangerous, but the wrong people go to jail. Higher Ups need to go to jail.

The rest of his group relocated in Utah and formed one of the most prestigious animal resuce socities that make the news hour, because it must be one of their darlings.........

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 09:05 AM
link   
You know, as mad as Charley Manson is I can't help but think how he was found guilty of murders he never committed. Heck he never even left the house that night. Conspiracy to commit murder, guilty but first degree murder...nope he didn't kill anybody. I am speaking about the Tate lmurders

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by The GUT

Thanks for posting, The GUT. This is the first thread I've started, even though I've been participating here at ATS for a few years. I'm not a Manson fan, I think his links to mind control, occult California, Hollywood power elite, and media manipulation are all interesting. I'm pretty sure it was Manson who inspired Oliver Stone's Natural Born Killers, which explored the symbiotic relationship the media has with violence and psychopathy. Your threads that have addressed the potential covert engineering of cultural memes, myths and narratives have been inspirational to me.

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 11:25 AM
link   
What is rather interesting to me is that were he to go on trial today he would not be convicted. He did not do any killing.

While not in the same vein, but surely in the same body, the president asked his agents, followers, to use drones to kill people he does not know to make a point about the world we live in. He's not doing the killing, he's only setting the table with policy, stories, training, and material.

Mason is a character - he plays a part. what is fascinating to me is how each post here has a "he needs to die" or "he's a psycho" or something based on what others told them about him. No one in the thread has met him, and few if any have met him out of character, yet the story compels the judgment to ooze from each who post. Interesting.

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Most behavioral scientists know even the most heinous crimes are committed by people who were somehow shaped to become what they are. Mental illness, drugs, abuse/neglect, consequences along the way that reinforced an identity (internal and social), that contradicted anything positive, etc. People are people - almost all start with the same capabilities but something goes wrong - we call it a conscious decision as we would make one (those with a solid moral compass), but that's because it's from our frame of reference that we attempt to explain it (a lunatic; non-human).

If this can happen to him and the thousands of others who commit crimes like this do we blame them entirely or do we also hold society partially responsible for letting them fall through the cracks? In this guys case I see a lot of fault in the criminal justice and foster care systems (more but two biggies). He is at fault ultimately but his life circumstances are textbook what not to do with a human being.

His accomplices - raised well yet still chose to do the unimaginable - they seem easier for people to empathize with but why? I don't - they all - with Manson at the top of the list- needed to be separated from the mainstream - but I see this a lot. Make the villain the one who is the least like the rest so we can all feel like the boogie man is rare. I see them as even more responsible since they grew up with some guidance of right and wrong. They made out Manson to be a hypnotist when it was the drugs and their own need to fit in with people who were the perfect representation of an outcast.

edit on 22-11-2013 by Dianec because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 09:34 PM
link   

I hate to admit this but I did a project with Manson several years ago with a friend. I got to know him and Star. Her name is actually Afton. She is mentally challenged...as you can imagine.
I can tell you many things about him, her and his entire ATWA organization. It's not as entertaining as one would think. And, it blows me away that he stays in the headlines. If you met him, you'd realize he's nothing.

If anyone has questions I can probably answer them. I am going to bed but I'll check in the morning.......

I believe the only reason he became so popular is because of Vincent Bugliosi's book, Helter Skelter, which is still the number one true crime book. Very sad. If that book had never been written we wouldn't remember Manson's name.

And, they really are not getting married. That's for attention only.
edit on 22-11-2013 by Jacker44 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Jacker44

I hate to admit this but I did a project with Manson several years ago with a friend. I got to know him and Star. Her name is actually Afton. She is mentally challenged...as you can imagine.
I can tell you many things about him, her and his entire ATWA organization. It's not as entertaining as one would think. And, it blows me away that he stays in the headlines. If you met him, you'd realize he's nothing.

If anyone has questions I can probably answer them. I am going to bed but I'll check in the morning.......

I believe the only reason he became so popular is because of Vincent Bugliosi's book, Helter Skelter, which is still the number one true crime book. Very sad. If that book had never been written we wouldn't remember Manson's name.

And, they really are not getting married. That's for attention only.
edit on 22-11-2013 by Jacker44 because: (no reason given)

This is the point i just made. This post is from someone who knows him, and, low and behold there isn't the venom, the judgment and so on from someone WHO KNOWS HIM!

It seems to me that he turns it on for a few moments at a time, for TV etc. and they those few seconds are edited in order to create the furor, am I correct? At this point he's a old man, it is hard to believe after all this time in prison he's much of anything at all - except for those few moments.

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Heard Manson was used as a patsy to kill the Hippie/Counter Culture movement & the real serial killer behind it was Charles "Tex" Watson.

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 03:42 AM
link   
reply to post by crankyoldman

You are correct. He loves attention, any way he can get it and he says "People love crazy, people are attracted to the dark side of life" so he does put on an act when he's being interviewed and such. He absolutely has mental disorders, no way to get around that.
When I had to start communicating with him I was nervous but after the first phone call I was shocked. He was as polite, intelligent and all things positive. I know what some are thinking....."he was drawing you in". But I had contact with him for years for this project and not one time did he ever try to influence me, tell me how to be, nothing of the sort. His mood changed a lot but then a lot of people's do, but his are extreme. Please don't take me wrong, I don't like the guy. He does have a pattern of finding people like Star and using them to get what he wants; money, material things and constant attention.
The people that were the actual killers of the Tate-LaBianca murders were bad seeds to begin with, for example, Susan Atkins had been arrested twice in a brawl using a deadly weapon, a gun. Charles WATSON did all of the actual killings, and more that he wasn't charged with, one happened before he knew Manson.
Manson knew what was going to happen; the murders. He didn't care. That's how much respect he has for human life. He doesn't have any, at all.
His does truly care about the environment and has a natural gift in that field. But the ATWA organization is ran by Star and another elderly gentlemen. They use the organization as a cover getting donations to pay for their cost of living. They won't work. It's unreal how much money is donated.
Bottom line about Manson, he's a bad guy in just about every way; thief, pimp, fighter, on and on, but I don't "think" he has it in him to kill anyone, even with no respect for human life. He's where he should be. He does not fit in our society at all. Never did.
BTW, I saw someone write he killed Donald Shea. That was Watson too, along with Bruce Davis and Steve Grogan.
Star is basically a bad seed wanting fame and she is mentally disturbed, along with dangerous. Don't be surprised if she does something in the future. I'm very serious about that. She's very jealous of any female that has contact with Manson, some males as well. She wants to be number one. She's already done some pretty scary things to people.

When I read about people having a fascination about him, wanting to write him or visit him I always want to warn them not to. Their life style, their world is a very dark place. They all attract the worst of the worst, but yet again, I put that blame a lot of the blame on Mr. Bugliosi.

Manson still keeps in contact with 3 of the original followers by mail.
So many people that have met him and has seen his good side, he does have a good side, usually become hooked, just like a drug. I saw his good side, I was blown away.... it's how he says things and what he says. But, the dark side shadows over the good to me.

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 05:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Kangaruex4Ewe

Who is the one who shall not be named? Marshall applewhite? Rael? Jesus? Bill Oreiley? I give up

Oh wait; I bet it's Obama. Am I right?
edit on 23-11-2013 by riffraff because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 06:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Jacker44

I do have to add this....

Manson really wasn't aware that Watson and the girls were going to murder Sharon Tate and her friends that night. He found out afterwards. He was mad, for the reason he was afraid it would come back to him since he was the father figure of the bunch. The second night, with the LaBianca's, he knew Watson would get out of control again. He just didn't care.

Manson is a very complicated soul. You cannot pin-point him with an exact personality or diagnose.

In prison he is very liked by his cell mates. He helps them out.... Even the guards like him.

It was an interesting job.

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

He was 34

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Jacker44
reply to post by Jacker44

I do have to add this....

Manson really wasn't aware that Watson and the girls were going to murder Sharon Tate and her friends that night. He found out afterwards. He was mad, for the reason he was afraid it would come back to him since he was the father figure of the bunch. The second night, with the LaBianca's, he knew Watson would get out of control again. He just didn't care.

Manson is a very complicated soul. You cannot pin-point him with an exact personality or diagnose.

In prison he is very liked by his cell mates. He helps them out.... Even the guards like him.

It was an interesting job.

This is a key point. You have outlined a rather simple and common way these kind of events take place, "they killed, he didn't really care." But this just is not interesting, and probably not interesting enough to convict someone or sell books. So............... we have to develop a narrative. The narrative is what works up people into a frenzy. You have personal experience with this man, but every post on here, from some nice people, know more then you do due to that famous narrative. Even though they never met him.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join