It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ehrman Debunked.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by WarminIndy

Is God not an appropriate name my dear?

I find it amazing that people will be so bold as to give God a name...

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

Thanks, but even this human custom has roots in truth. Once a woman (Mother/your body) bleeds, it is safe to say that the marriage has been consummated and life has been gained.

No life, no blood flow, no marriage of the body and spirit because the spirit has left the body.

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Even the Rig Vedas say "Supreme Being", and I can accept that designation. The Rig Vedas pre-Hinduism mention the Supreme Being, and Hindus today still believe in the Supreme Being.

Yes. As do I.

The Bible is a later model of the same concept, but couched in shame, terror, mass-murder, and THE NEED FOR PEOPLE TO BE TOLD WHAT TO BELIEVE. Written by politicians (whether clergy or not - they were STILL politicians).

If you tell me The Supreme Being, then I know what you are talking about. Some Christians don't know that.

Yes, some Christians don't know that.
Thank you for your sincere efforts to dispel nonsense stated in the name of "Christianity."
They won't listen to me, but they MIGHT listen to you.
:thumb up:

That, or condemn you to hell for blasphemy.

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

You do realize that conception results is a lack of bleeding, right? No more periods.

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 12:45 PM
link   

3NL1GHT3N3D1

Could you maybe elaborate on how I slipped up? It would help if you explained how Instead of just saying I did. What did I miss exactly?

How is the shedding of blood proof of the consummation of marriage warm? You said that it was, so how? You're the one who brought up the shedding of blood as proof, not me. Stop projecting your Freudian slips onto me.
edit on 22-11-2013 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

Here you go, you mentioned the one theological point of Christ.

The redemption is in the shedding of blood. Without the shedding of blood there is no remission of sins.

As you took it to simply mean as metaphorical, metaphysical meaning, without realizing the implication of what the meaning of shedding of blood, I am sure that you would not say that unless you knew the theological position. Therefore a Freudian Slip.

As Christ is considered the Kinsman Redeemer, as Boaz was for Ruth, then only through the shedding of His blood was the proof of His redeeming His bride.

That's the one thing consistent throughout the Bible, without the shedding of blood, there is no remission of sins. And because it is the Bible you appeal to in your argument, then I asked for proof and you said blood flows and it can be shed. Then you were already aware of the blood remission.

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 12:50 PM
link   

I wrote a thread on the subject of blood as a means of remission of sins... And didn't get an answer

Even some of our most astute members did not have an answer...

How does blood save?

Why does the OT God demand the blood of the innocent?

Perhaps you might have the answer

edit on 22-11-2013 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Probably because that blood has been diverted into the womb in order to help the newly formed fetus' growth.

No life, no blood flow, no marriage. Marriage is a human tradition based on an esoteric truth, it is a construct of man in order to veil the true meaning of marriage. Have you ever seen animals getting married? No, because the tradition is purely religious and a human construct.

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 12:53 PM
link   

wildtimes

Even the Rig Vedas say "Supreme Being", and I can accept that designation. The Rig Vedas pre-Hinduism mention the Supreme Being, and Hindus today still believe in the Supreme Being.

Yes. As do I.

The Bible is a later model of the same concept, but couched in shame, terror, mass-murder, and THE NEED FOR PEOPLE TO BE TOLD WHAT TO BELIEVE. Written by politicians (whether clergy or not - they were STILL politicians).

If you tell me The Supreme Being, then I know what you are talking about. Some Christians don't know that.

Yes, some Christians don't know that.
Thank you for your sincere efforts to dispel nonsense stated in the name of "Christianity."
They won't listen to me, but they MIGHT listen to you.
:thumb up:

That, or condemn you to hell for blasphemy.

Already been down that yellow brick road.

You know, one of the greatest philosophical songs is "Tin Man" by America.

"Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man, what he didn't, didn't already have"

They won't listen to me, but as long as they have faith, then why not let them have it, as long as they don't chop heads off people. After all, people have had faith in a lot of other crazy things.

Some people have faith their car will still take them into town, even though it sits on empty. (learn from that metaphor).

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 12:56 PM
link   

So why did Jesus' blood need to be shed in order to forgive sins?

Could you use real world evidence that his sacrifice saved us from sin? Because if anything sin has only increased since his so-called sacrifice. I think that fact may tie into people waiting on Jesus to come back instead of taking the initiative themselves.

So warm, how is blood a remission of sins? Real world evidence now, not some mumbo jumbo from Paul.

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 01:00 PM
link   

They won't listen to me, but as long as they have faith, then why not let them have it, as long as they don't chop heads off people. After all, people have had faith in a lot of other crazy things.

They MIGHT listen to you, though. They dismiss me out of hand, and accuse me of trying to "destroy their faith".

No, they don't 'chop heads off people', but they do instill shame, self-loathing, helplessness, and the terror of hell into THEIR CHILDREN.

Might as well lop their heads off. People indoctrinated into a religion that touts 'hell-fire, brimstone' and hatred of 'others' (gay, Muslim, Jew, etc.) -- that push "you are an unworthy loser" to their LITTLE KIDS, and that all other religions are "of the devil" -- are lopping off the 'critical thinking skills' of their kids.

Only a few escape.
It's tragic.

edit on 11/22/13 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Akragon

I wrote a thread on the subject of blood as a means of remission of sins... And didn't get an answer

Even some of our most astute members did not have an answer...

How does blood save?

Why does the OT God demand the blood of the innocent?

Perhaps you might have the answer

edit on 22-11-2013 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

Would you like the answer here or there?

I will post my thoughts on this thread so people can read it here. But that might be a thread divert. So tell me where you want it at.

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 01:05 PM
link   

My thread would probably be more appropriate...

I think we're already off topic here as it is

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 01:10 PM
link   

3NL1GHT3N3D1

Probably because that blood has been diverted into the womb in order to help the newly formed fetus' growth.

No life, no blood flow, no marriage. Marriage is a human tradition based on an esoteric truth, it is a construct of man in order to veil the true meaning of marriage. Have you ever seen animals getting married? No, because the tradition is purely religious and a human construct.

And you didn't mention menopause, and then women would only be saved one week out of the month, if that is the case.

Isn't your own worldview of your own human construct? I could say the same thing, and I did ask for proof, which you eloquently said "blood can be shed".

I asked you for proof of your worldview and you gave me Christian theology.

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 01:14 PM
link   

3NL1GHT3N3D1
reply to post by ServantOfTheLamb

Christian doctrine is much more effective at controlling the masses because it teaches to turn the other cheek and to love your enemies, and the government has always been the enemy of the people.

It also teaches that as long as you wait and submit to the authorities, Jesus will come back and fix everything for you, so just sit on your hands and wait all while submitting to the authorities as they destroy the planet.

Sounds like an ad campaign for those in power if you ask me. They get to profit off of destruction and suffering while the people sit and wait for a savior (of TPTB's own making) to come and fix it for them. Jesus is not going to come back, we see where the belief he will has gotten us today.

And having one god is a lot easier to manage than a whole pantheon of them.

You only have half the story in your head. There is a deeper meaning behind all that you are saying. Turn the other cheek. Why are we supposed to turn the other cheek according to theology? Why are we supposed to love our enemies?
It teaches you to submit to authority, but was is the deeper meaning and understanding meant to be drawn from that? Jesus will come back and fix everything, but only after the the Tribulation. Like I said if one understands Biblical theology you would would expect the Government to get more and more corrupt toward the end times. There will be a one world currency and one world government this government will have some kind of 7 year pact with Israel that will be broken 31/2 years by the rule of this government(antichrist). So eventually Satan ends up and the head of the government.....see why you would expect the government to get more and more corrupt? Its falling into his hands in front of your eyes.

1 Thessalonians
4 But you, brothers and sisters, are not in darkness so that this day should surprise you like a thief.

God is trying to show you the light with what you see going on in the government. The Bible exposes their plan and it was written 2000 years ago(evidence of its divine authorship). However, instead of seeing prophecy unfolding you see conspiracy in religion. Why would they(TPTB living now) expose their entire plan 2000 years ago(not sure how they time traveled), and then I would like you to inform me on how copious amounts of money is going to help them make Biblical prophecy play out to a T?

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Jeez warm, I'm talking about blood flow in general, not just women's periods.

No, I used Christian theology to elaborate on real world phenomenon. Pretty much all Christian doctrine is a bastardization of real world events and phenomenon, including the virgin birth, miracles, and resurrection. They all represent natural things only with a supernatural twist and dogma attached to them.

The real world evidence of the body and spirits marriage being consummated is through the flow of blood. Once someone dies, the marriage is no longer consummated because the spirit has left the body and blood no longer flows.

I am using your example of blood flow in Christian theology to explain the real world consummation of the body and spirit.

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 01:25 PM
link   

We have submitted to authority for over 2,000 years now and even longer. Guess what that submission has given the authorities the ability to do? WHATEVER THEY WANT. Tell me how Christianity and its teachings haven't helped to destroy the planet.

And exactly, why WOULD those In power let their plan be expose some 2,000 years ago without squashing it and sweeping it under the rug? You should be asking yourself that question, not me.

The reason is because that is part of their plan. "Submit to us now and let us do whatever we want while we tell you that God will come to fix it sometime in the future". Yeah, makes perfect sense for someone who wants to keep us complacent while they destroy the planet for their own profit.

The answer is right there, they fabricated the second coming so that they could do whatever they wanted for thousands of years until everything is bled dry. It's so obvious.

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 01:29 PM
link   

3NL1GHT3N3D1

A human construct? Well thats not exactly true....

12 animals that mate for life(Marriage)

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 01:34 PM
link   

So how do those twelve animals speak for the entire animal kingdom which includes millions of species?

Do those twelve animals understand the concept of marriage? Do they hold ceremonies and sign papers in order to consummate a marriage? No, they just go with the natural flow, they do not let traditions keep them from doing what they were made to do. No money or attorney to get married or divorced? No problem for them because they have no understanding of those human concepts.

Yes, marriage is a human concept and tradition. There is no doubt about that.

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 01:37 PM
link   

3NL1GHT3N3D1

We have submitted to authority for over 2,000 years now and even longer. Guess what that submission has given the authorities the ability to do? WHATEVER THEY WANT. Tell me how Christianity and its teachings haven't helped to destroy the planet.

And exactly, why WOULD those In power let their plan be expose some 2,000 years ago without squashing it and sweeping it under the rug? You should be asking yourself that question, not me.

The reason is because that is part of their plan. "Submit to us now and let us do whatever we want while we tell you that God will come to fix it sometime in the future". Yeah, makes perfect sense for someone who wants to keep us complacent while they destroy the planet for their own profit.

The answer is right there, they fabricated the second coming so that they could do whatever they wanted for thousands of years until everything is bled dry. It's so obvious.

Why do you think just because I know Jesus is coming back that I would want my remaining time on Earth to be under a corrupt government? That is entirely untrue, and you are making a huge fundamental attribution error there. You see a situation and attribute it to the personality of Christians(and I mean everyday civilians like myself) rather than our situation. Mine happens to be that I very young, and have no power to do anything about what the government chooses to do, and I would say you are doing absolutely nothing to stop the government and your not Christian, so maybe the atheist/agnostic agenda is that of the governments....

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Ok, my answer is there..

How Does Blood Save

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join