It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So you have a problem with Alex Jones ?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 06:56 AM
link   
reply to post by leostokes

Respectfully I really do think you need to do some more reading around the topics which you raise and further develop your debating skills.

To say the American Revolutionary war was about guns is a gross oversimplification of your own history and the American Constitution was not just to "prevent[s] the government from taking our guns". Its only one of 27 amendments, the American Constitution is not just about guns.

I also find it astounding how you seem to be arguing form a position that suggests you you would ignore the first amendment and basically take a huge crap over it by saying of Morgan that

He has come to America with a TV program where he pushes gun control. It is more than a simple case of political difference. It is illegal because it goes against the constitution.

Lets think about that, you are saying that it is illegal for anyone to speak out "against the constitution", in other words you are suggesting that the whole document is paradoxical because on the one hand under your interpretation it is all for supporting freedom of speech, just so long as you dont speak out "against the constitution". Essentially you are cherry picking form the constitution and twisting it to fit into your own warped view of American jurisprudence.

I would also like to highlight to you that i said i did not want to argue semantics, not that i would not argue semantics as your pitiful first post forced me to do as you seem to need to run to a dictionary to find meaning for the word bully.

Which incidentally quite nicely puts us back on topic.

Alex Jones is a bully and a shill, he is a entertainer. He is NOT a serious source for truth or some kind of enlightened soul to be worshiped and revered as the vanguard protecting the masses from the specter of sinister forces of the NWO and the doom propaganda he profits from. He is a joke, and as a intelligent individual you should have the ability to see through his mask and see him as the shill and bully that he really is.

PS:

Piers Morgan is British. He is not an american citizen.

Freedom of speech is a fundamental human right bestowed upon every living person by virtue of their very humanity regardless of nationality, freedom of speech is applicable to all of the people of this planet and not just Americans. If you truly support freedom of speech then you would support his right speak freely even if you strongly disagree with him, you would challenge him by engaging in debate. You would not do as Alex Jones done, try to get him deported.

Honestly the stupidity of that whole "lets deport Morgan because we dont like what he has to say" that a minority of Americans seems to hold is like them spitting on their own constitution.
edit on 28-11-2013 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 11:10 AM
link   

OtherSideOfTheCoin

Respectfully I really do think you need to do some more reading around the topics which you raise and further develop your debating skills.

To say the American Revolutionary war was about guns is a gross oversimplification of your own history and the American Constitution was not just to "prevent[s] the government from taking our guns". Its only one of 27 amendments, the American Constitution is not just about guns.

I also find it astounding how you seem to be arguing form a position that suggests you you would ignore the first amendment and basically take a huge crap over it by saying of Morgan that

He has come to America with a TV program where he pushes gun control. It is more than a simple case of political difference. It is illegal because it goes against the constitution.

Lets think about that, you are saying that it is illegal for anyone to speak out "against the constitution", in other words you are suggesting that the whole document is paradoxical because on the one hand under your interpretation it is all for supporting freedom of speech, just so long as you dont speak out "against the constitution". Essentially you are cherry picking form the constitution and twisting it to fit into your own warped view of American jurisprudence.

I would also like to highlight to you that i said i did not want to argue semantics, not that i would not argue semantics as your pitiful first post forced me to do as you seem to need to run to a dictionary to find meaning for the word bully.

Alex Jones is a bully and a shill, he is a entertainer. He is NOT a serious source for truth or some kind of enlightened soul to be worshiped and revered as the vanguard protecting the masses from the specter of sinister forces of the NWO and the doom propaganda he profits from. He is a joke, and as a intelligent individual you should have the ability to see through his mask and see him as the shill and bully that he really is.

PS:

Freedom of speech is a fundamental human right bestowed upon every living person by virtue of their very humanity regardless of nationality, freedom of speech is applicable to all of the people of this planet and not just Americans. If you truly support freedom of speech then you would support his right speak freely even if you strongly disagree with him, you would challenge him by engaging in debate. You would not do as Alex Jones done, try to get him deported.

Honestly the stupidity of that whole "lets deport Morgan because we dont like what he has to say" that a minority of Americans seems to hold is like them spitting on their own constitution.

Hes gonna ignore you too, he doesnt like sense, facts, or being wrong.

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin

would ignore the first amendment

Does the first amendment apply to non citizens?

This quote

First Amendment creates a strong presumption of protection for
speech, but that presumption is overridden where the speech is
intended and likely to incite imminent lawless action.

comes from here:Georgetown University Law Center.

edit on 28-11-2013 by leostokes because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 05:04 PM
link   

some kind of enlightened soul to be worshiped and revered

Are you attributing this belief to me?

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 05:11 PM
link   

To say the American Revolutionary war was about guns is a gross oversimplification of your own history and the American Constitution was not just to "prevent[s] the government from taking our guns".

Is this a gross oversimplification?

The reason for the American Revolution.

edit on 28-11-2013 by leostokes because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 01:46 AM
link   

OtherSideOfTheCoin

As you indicate in your lecture (post) that I should take some scholastic action, I would like to in return help you with some literary suggestions. You use too many words. If you omit the indicated words your post would be more concise. It would convey the same information. Plus it would lessen the tone of meanness which your post indicates you have.

PS:

edit on 29-11-2013 by leostokes because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-11-2013 by leostokes because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 02:38 AM
link   

onequestion
reply to post by Atmas

Stop trying to have a civil conversation with this guy.

If read his responses through the entire thread non of them make any sense.

I will take your advice. Thanks.

Maybe he is an alien.
edit on 29-11-2013 by leostokes because: add alien

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 12:46 AM
link   

randyvs
Why ?

The guy is extremely intelligent, able to recall American history
off the tip of his tongue at great lenths. He's out there in the
streets ready to go to jail over the crap that's going on in this
country.

He has to be brave just to be out there at all as much as
some people hate him. Just right here in these boards there are
tons of examples. But you have a problem with this guy who from
all I can see, is fighting for us.

He even has temper tantrums in favor of the oeople
of this country. So if you have a problem, tell me,

WHY?

Tell us in the blow horn !

edit on 21-11-2013 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

...and now you all know what Alex Jones' screen name on ATS is...Randyvs

I kid I kid

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by fenson76

OOh man I'm like to sure dude. The guys not my hero you know ? Sheesh just try'n
to give the guy some slack and now, look at me when I'm talk'in to you.

Watch what you type.
I said look a me !
Watch what you're type'n man !
Look a me ?
Watch it !

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

lol...learn to take a joke....you will live a longer and better life.

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 06:24 PM
link   

You mean you took that reply seriously ?

Cmon guy, look at the reply?

The jokes on you my friend.

I can't believe you think I write like VALLEY GUY ?

What's up with that amigo ?

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 06:55 PM
link   

fenson76
reply to post by randyvs

lol...learn to take a joke....you will live a longer and better life.

Surely he is joking. You can not see his eyes behind those dark glasses. Not to mention the mask.

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Alex Jones is a bully and a shell, he is a entertainer. He is NOT a serious source for truth or some kind of enlightened soul to be worshiped and revered as the vanguard protecting the masses from the specter of sinister forces of the NWO and the doom propaganda he profits from. He is a joke, and as a intelligent individual you should have the ability to see through his mask and see him as the shell and bully that he really is.

I guess you know that your use of the denigrating word "shell" which you and other posters use has alarmed the forum boss. You are a marked man. Use it again and you are out.

edit on 30-11-2013 by leostokes because: add marked man

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

and the Westboro Baptist Church members, who desecrate soldiers funerals, can spout off scripture at the drop of a hat.

what's your point?

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by rickm

what's your point?

I don't believe it's possible to miss the point so why would I explain twice ?
edit on 1-12-2013 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Of course, I should know you aren't some whacked out valley guy through my powers of intuition. You do realize that the keyboard is not a great place for relating sarcasm and emotion....right? Like, Oh my god.

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Ok Iguess I'm just really interested in living longer.

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Alex Jones....

In general, I think he's as shady as they come.

However....

There is one thing he's undeniably at least 90% right on. TPTB absolutely ARE 100% committed to depriving us of our rights and setting up some kind of a police state (and by that, I mean even more of a police state than we already have. Because we're already living in one and anyone who has half a brain knows it).

BUT.....

I don't think there's going to be this "AHA!" moment when they come for our guns or they come to put us in camps or whatever. Frankly, that's just wishful thinking. It would be too obvious. Even most of the worst liberal voters and activists would balk at overtly putting people in camps and stuff of that nature.

No. The problem with Alex is that he's got people expecting that there's going to be this big moment when it's all going to happen and we're going to know it's finally happened.

Again, these people are too smart for that. They're powerful but they're not powerful enough to rule the entire world as an open dictatorship indefinitely. They learned a thing or two from the Soviets. It doesn't work. They know their subjects have to go to sleep and stay asleep.

Alex is too much of a drama queen. I don't know if he's an establishment puppet or not but I do know most people are not going to take anything he says seriously when he behaves the way he does and goes to extremes.

The police state that's going up is going to be subtle. Just like it's always been. The reason people don't know they're already living in a police state is that the people who built it weren't idiots.

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 05:57 AM
link   
reply to post by BrianFlanders

The police state that's going up is going to be subtle. Just like it's always been. The reason people don't know they're already living in a police state is that the people who built it weren't idiots.

Alex Jones has reported on the sudden construction of FEMA camps. Is there a connection between the camps and the rise of the police state? AJ says there are huge stockpiles of containers (in the camps) that could be intended for use as coffins.

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 07:06 AM
link   

leostokes

Alex Jones has reported on the sudden construction of FEMA camps. Is there a connection between the camps and the rise of the police state? AJ says there are huge stockpiles of containers (in the camps) that could be intended for use as coffins.

To be perfectly honest, I haven't listened to his stuff where he goes into detail about the camps. I intend to (because I suppose it wouldn't be fair for me to comment on it if I didn't). I just think that on it's face it sounds like the kind of thing we can only wish they'd try (because maybe then people would finally wake up).

I just don't think they'd be that foolish. They have a good thing going for themselves. They've got most people believing they're free and safe and all that good stuff. There may indeed be some kind of camps. I really don't know. But you have to allow for the idea that even if they exist we can really only speculate on their purpose.

I don't doubt TPTB will try to lock up people who criticize them at some point in the future. But I don't think they'll just come and drag you off. It's too noisy and too messy. They'll do something that seems logical. Like claiming you're crazy because you act like Alex Jones and you must be dangerous. That kind of thing would be more acceptable to the public. They could get away with that. And that's far more scary than just thinking they're going to do something that's obviously wrong.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join