It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So you have a problem with Alex Jones ?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 09:44 PM
link   
The problem is - To wake up enough people to put a stop to our enslavement.

To wake people up you have to feed them the truth.

When Mr and Mrs average hear the truth from a man who hops up and down while shouting the truth at them, their conditioning kicks in, and they see what they've been programmed to see, a nut job!

The guy on RT tv is the same, he tells the truth, but he does it by getting angry and shouting, and Mr and Mrs average just see a nut job.

When someone comes along who can tell the truth in a way that doesnt fire up the conditioning that Mr and Mrs average have been subjected too, well, that person ends up confined in an embassy, unable to leave for fear of what will happen to him.

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

I agree, I like him. He woke me up. Even if every word out of his mouth that I've heard has been a lie, (which not EVERY word was; a lot of what I've heard from him was truth or at least had some merit), then he's at least taught me one thing, and that's never take anything at face value, question everything, and always search for the truth from every possible angle.

That's how I ended up here on ATS, I started reading here because it's more than just one man trying to sell you some old guy's book on what places are best to hide when the SHTF, or body butter that's supposed to remove radiation poisoning, in-between the little bits of sensationalised facts to misleadingly give merit to a sea of half-fiction and hearing him interrupting people trying to talk right when they start to get too interesting.

Instead, I like the fact that there's so many different people here. People who believe, or don't believe in certain things or theories. People who argue from both sides and present their evidence, offer proof of what's fact and what's fiction. I find it's much better to hear from many different people on a subject than to take one man's word for it who's in a screaming match with his reflection.

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by tvtexan

So what's the difference between Alex and the GEICO lizard?

One of them is kinda scary, eats bugs, and tries to sell you sh*t.
The other one is Alex Jones.

I hope you meant the other one is a lizard.

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

I think every charlatan has something to teach, in order to get their snake oil sold they must read deeply into the subject/field they choose to inhabit.

People like Jordan Maxwell & Project Camelot --- they mix truth with lies.

For an avid researcher, people like Alex Jones are useful. They can bring forth stories, which you otherwise might not have heard of--- taking you down a rabbit hole if you choose to fact check and discover more about what is going on.

They serve a purpose, but overall are not to be trusted.
He has been caught red handed with many, many false claims which stir up his large viewer base of people who only take in information at face value.

The goal is to become more empowered, not afraid.

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

I think it's more on how he projects himself. I think when you express yourself in a manner where you're yelling at people to get your point across, your message gets lost. People than look at you like you're crazy and don't take you seriously anymore. Not only that, you create fuel for the media to label you as being obnoxious, out of control, and a person who believes in crazy conspiracies. Unfortunately, he's his own worst enemy. He needs to tone down his delivery, and than I think more people will take notice and take him more seriously.

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Aldakoopa

I also came across this site by happen stance thru Alex. I remember I
was looking for a site Jim Marrs mentioned and ended up here.
Havn't listened to an Alex Jones show since that day I immediately
signed up here.

And it's been a blur
ever since.
edit on 21-11-2013 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 10:04 PM
link   

randyvs
Why ?

The guy is extremely intelligent, able to recall American history
off the tip of his tongue at great lenths. He's out there in the
streets ready to go to jail over the crap that's going on in this
country.

He has to be brave just to be out there at all as much as
some people hate him. Just right here in these boards there are
tons of examples. But you have a problem with this guy who from
all I can see, is fighting for us.

He even has temper tantrums in favor of the oeople
of this country. So if you have a problem, tell me,

WHY?

Tell us in the blow horn !

Unfortunately the man you credit with being able to recall American History has no history credentials, in fact the Bio I just read of him, indicates he has no college degree. So he is just another blow hard, Rush Limbaugh like talking head, making a lot of money spreading fear among those even less educated than he is, or even those willing to believe that the government is out to get them.

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 10:05 PM
link   

randyvs
reply to post by Kangaruex4Ewe

I agree. I like Alex Jones. He does tend to go off the deep end from time to time and that probably helps keep him alive. If people assume he is a nut job it keeps him a bit safer.

That he does for sure. Seems perfectly appropriate to me tho.
And even seems to be the right example if anything.
We should be losing our G_D minds over WTF is going on here.

I lost my mind way back..

when there was a flippin LAW, saying I HAVE to wear a seatbelt..

what freedom is there?

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 10:06 PM
link   

ThinkingCap
reply to post by randyvs

I think every charlatan has something to teach, in order to get their snake oil sold they must read deeply into the subject/field they choose to inhabit.

People like Jordan Maxwell & Project Camelot --- they mix truth with lies.

For an avid researcher, people like Alex Jones are useful. They can bring forth stories, which you otherwise might not have heard of--- taking you down a rabbit hole if you choose to fact check and discover more about what is going on.

They serve a purpose, but overall are not to be trusted.
He has been caught red handed with many, many false claims which stir up his large viewer base of people who only take in information at face value.

The goal is to become more empowered, not afraid.

Ahh but see the majority use Jones as their only or primary base for info.. they wait for him to chew it up and spit it in their mouths like baby birds. Discernment or the actual ability to cherrypick truth and research it to confirm its validity isnt what theyre looking for.. and he leads in strange directions.

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 10:09 PM
link   

randyvs
reply to post by Advantage

Your reasons seem legitimized. And I give you more respect than those who
for the most part amount to complaints about nothing. I wonder if Alex
ever spoke to the regards of this video ?

I'm sure someone will come up with it if he has. Good one.

If so, Id LOVE to hear the excuse... this was an ongoing thing for HOURS... he never redacted a thing as far as I know unless it was years after the fact.. and by then the damage was done. The whole thing was really disappointing because he had the hook you know.. he had the listeners. Then recently his deal with Sheen... I told them it was going to backfire and they would cause folks' minds to snap shut. They dont seem to care.

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 10:09 PM
link   

WeRpeons
reply to post by randyvs

I think it's more on how he projects himself. I think when you express yourself in a manner where you're yelling at people to get your point across, your message gets lost. People than look at you like you're crazy and don't take you seriously anymore. Not only that, you create fuel for the media to label you as being obnoxious, out of control, and a person who believes in crazy conspiracies. Unfortunately, he's his own worst enemy. He needs to tone down his delivery, and than I think more people will take notice and take him more seriously.

Surprising, it is to be reading some actual good reasoning here. I expected a lot of
issues with personality and other sorts of whining. So far impressive. Good point.
I can't dislike him tho.

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 10:23 PM
link   

boncho
I don't really know AJs motives

How bout Money? Ratings?
I think he does have some content worth listening to. But yeah.. sift through the bs, and don't let fear take hold.

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 10:54 PM
link   

randyvs
reply to post by boncho

It's nice that he has you believing all that about him. That's just peachy.

Oh ! Well I guess he could be intelligent enough to make himself appear intelligent.

Or what it says about those who swallow his show...

Hmmm... buy my snake oil because im just like you.

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 11:37 PM
link   
LOL, Old "Scare em all Al Jones" aka "Captain Chemtrails"...
Enough has been listed in this post alone.
B b b but he wakes people up...
No he lies and tries to scare, all for his financial gain.
For those who follow the guy, go take a psych class.

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

I'm on mobile so I'm not going to get a link, but youtube '42 Failed Alex jones Predictions.' The guy is an idiot who goes on massive irreverent rants, I find him hilarious though. Youtube 'Lol Alex Jones' if you want a good laugh.

Anyway, the guys credibility is at a ratio of 1:100 and that's considerate, to say the least. But hey, we all have our opinion.

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 12:36 AM
link   
AJ is an entertainer first, and a fearmonger second. When he's not ranting in his radio show he's flogging survivalist gear in the ad breaks, and if anyone challenges his POV he throws at tantrum becuase he's allowed to question others but not vice versa.

Honestly there are better crusaders for the truth on ATS.

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 12:41 AM
link   
I think at this point I would still defend Jones. While I must admit this
has been so far an eye opener for me. I don;'t like being wrong about
people. But I must say the post Advantage put up, was crushing.
Most likely I'll just be reading the rest of the responses that come in.
Quietly.
edit on 22-11-2013 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 05:09 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

He sounds like Patrick Henry. GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH.

The good people who are appalled with our corrupt government need a well spoken leader to rally around.

The more support we give AJ the more influence he has.

Vince Bugliosi was my choice when he said GB should be indicted. But then he fell off the wagon with his Oswald book.

Jesse Ventura is another candidate.

Mark Lane seems to have retired. Some day he will be regarded as a great patriot.

Oliver Stone is a great Patriot.

How about Dr. Phil? He is a man who could be a great leader.

John P. Costella would be a great choice. But he is not a US citizen (Australian?).

edit on 22-11-2013 by leostokes because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 07:18 AM
link   

boncho
reply to post by randyvs

The guy is extremely intelligent, able to recall American history
off the tip of his tongue at great lenths. He's out there in the
streets ready to go to jail over the crap that's going on in this
country.

He has to be brave just to be out there at all as much as
some people hate him. Just right here in these boards there are
tons of examples. But you have a problem with this guy who from
all I can see, is fighting for us.

It's nice that he has you believing all that about him. That's just peachy.

just believe the government instead. That's just peachy.

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 07:29 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

im with you OP i dont get why people slate him, or Russel Brand, or Ron or Rand Paul or any of the people who are doing what needs to be done and saying what needs to be said.

fair enough AJ is a little wacky. You could chuckle at his methods but not his message.

These people are arguing for our rights they are doing what we all sit here on ATS and say needs to be done. The very people who slate these guys are the same people who are saying we need to stand up to the corruption in other threads. So it baffles me

I can only think they are either blind ignorant beyond any hope, pro current government or jealous that these people are out there doing what they would like to be doing themselves.

its crazy...but thankfully i believe they are the minority

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join