It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So you have a problem with Alex Jones ?

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by John_Rodger_Cornman

Roger, your appetite for sarcasm is unmatched in the annals of ATS.

edit on 9-1-2014 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 04:36 PM
link   
He is loud to attract attention, that's just a gimmick. He is on the ball with many of his statement, but being right doesn't mean it will change anything.

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by ThinkingCap

I believe this protest is trying to discredit Alex. They knew he was coming out to protest the federal reserve, so they set up a rally for the 2nd amendment at the federal reserve to change the topic.

If that doesn't make u question the motive of the rally. I don't know what would. Why would they be holding a 2nd amendment rally at the FEDERAL RESERVE Building?

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Rigsby
He is loud to attract attention, that's just a gimmick. He is on the ball with many of his statement, but being right doesn't mean it will change anything.

Correct, righteousness should at best be cosidered an enabler.
As the saying goes, " Right, makes might ". This however works
to discredit the american people as long as the remain idle in the
face of the obvious adversities of what is clearly a rogue govt.
Then again, all the kingdoms of earth are owned.

City flag of Nagasaki

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Advantage

Thank you. It is not because I don't want people more informed, it is that he is a fear monger. Fear is just another tool of control. In the end it is all the same, whether it is popular media spreading it or people like AJ trying to make them think there is no hope.
edit on 12-1-2014 by NephraTari because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Taissa
reply to post by randyvs

I've been listening to Alex for years. A friend of mine who is a marine got me into listening to him. Love him or hate him, Alex does have the ear of a lot of our military people, who call in and speak with him often on various subjects. I'm not saying I agree with everything Alex says, but I think he does a lot more than the arm chair activists do, and for that I respect the man.

True. I remember the first time Alex heard the Oath Keepers "Top 10 Orders we will not obey" being read. He said, "Who wrote this? We've got to get him on the show... it is like something I would have written." Then, a week later he had Stewart Rhodes on his show. Again, it goes with what you are saying about the aware members of the military being listeners, and for good reason... the stuff he talks about is real for them. Not so most of America. Most people are hopeless ignorant of our slide into tyranny or they are just too busy to pay attention. It may be AJ's job to wake people up, but I no longer consider it mine.

Alex Jones as a good place to start a personal journey if seeking the truth is one's goal, but it can also become a "misery loves company" type of trap. Once a person learns what AJ (and the guests he interviews) have to teach them, they should move on with life. For me it took a few years, but now that I'm well informed I have moved on. I'm glad the Oath Keepers are out there, I'm glad that Alex does his thing... but I no longer have time for hearing everything there is to hear about the collapse of the corrupt American Empire. It has become, for me, just so much boring noise. A distraction from living my life.

Bitcoin was my breaking point. Mas Keiser would come on AJ's show and talked about Bitcoin but AJ just didn't seem to get it. Max is right, the Open Money Revolution where money is decentralized and separated from the State is where it is at. Now that is something positive that can care about. I just stopped giving a damn about all the negative crap. My problem was that I cared too much and it was bring me down. Now my focus in on the positive, and that is the Open Money Revolution. When Alex starts to talk about it with real passion, then I'll listen. Until then, I no longer feel the need to affirm what I already know.

edit on 12-1-2014 by wasaka because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 11:26 PM
link   

NephraTari
reply to post by Advantage

Thank you. It is not because I don't want people more informed, it is that he is a fear monger. Fear is just another tool of control. In the end it is all the same, whether it is popular media spreading it or people like AJ trying to make them think there is no hope.

In the past I might have argued that making people face an ugly reality is not the same as being a fear manger. I would have said some like, "People are responsible for the fear they feel and what the do about that fear. If what AJ says raises fear in a person, then they are duty bound to address that fear in themselves."

I still believe that, but I will concede your point.

The AJ show can become a "misery loves company" type of trap for many people. I confess it did for me... for a while. But it also helped me push past the fear and move past it. In doing so, I'm no longer interested in indulging myself in such things. I'm no longer addicted to intrigue or preoccupation with the open conspiracy. It is there, I see it, I could talk about it for hours.... but it is no longer worthy of my time. I have turn my attention to more constructive things... like bitcoin.

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Jones and Icke are on about 3 million dollars a year. All made from selling their own brand of paranoia snake oil nonsense (touring, books, videos, merchandise), and their sponsors products to the masses.

The impending doom they preach is good for business, apparently.

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by ReturnofTheSonOfNothing

Okay, that figure sounds reasonable enough to me. Bet man, I learned
a long time ago, the only reason you see anything on the T.V. or
hear anything on the radio ? What you see and what you hear thru
those venues and others is only there for one purpose. Every bit of
it, is there to make money.

The day may becoming TPTB decide they've had enough of Alex.
We've seen examples of their wrath over the years. Even now.
If it never happens ? Then that might, mean something.

But hey for the record, I only have one hero walking the earth
right now since Evel Knievel died. And that''s Muhammed Ali.

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 02:10 PM
link   

On tonight, live from 10PM Eastern time!

Show thread with listening information

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 08:03 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

I prefer Alex collier, least if i was him everytime i typed me name in google some stupid woman wouldn't come popping up

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by jhjhnjhubgyjhuihg

Been contemplating the oddness involved with your post
for a day or so and I'm just gonna say it.
This is Alex isn't it?

edit on 25-1-2014 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Why?

Well he has too much affection in his heart for the racist, slave trading, tyrannical "founding fathers", who were just as evil as the officials in charge today?
Or...
"Red blooded Americans we need to take back what's ours"... I may be generalising, but that's an average rally call or war cry from Alex is it not?
Well unless he is referring to the Natives then he is just a hypocrite.
"How?" some will say.
Well when the government take away your freedom/rights & whatever it's an outrage.
When the same "founding fathers" he idolises did it to the natives, well never mind, it's Amerrikkka now, and not what the natives called the land.

Let's put it this way, if a native took to the airwaves calling for all those "Americans" who are actually European to give back the land and rights they already had before the "founding fathers" stole it all,I'm sure Alex Jones would not agree.
So why should anybody give a Schmidt about what he wants?

Personally I think he does a decent job on some things.

But his slavemaster idolising really just makes him a piece of Schmidt.

Why is Obama any worse than Washington?
Why is Bush worse than Jefferson?

I'm sure Alex Jones would disagree and get rather angry at such questions.

But he wouldn't be able to answer them, at least not without a terribly biased opinion.

I don't like Obama or Bush by the way.
I just don't like Washington or Jefferson either.

So Mr.Jones' idol worship of such tyrannical bigots, while lambasting their successors, is just a double standard hypocrisy that cannot be respected.

Peace.

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by CharlieSpeirs

So you see Alex as a hypocrite, because he praises the men, that despite the
circumstances of society and the times in which they lived. Being well determined
in the plight of a moral cause. Which was to build a free nation, where by
one day, even the descendants of those lucky enough to come under such ownership,
and care. Would one day see equal rights and the protection of the Constitution
of the United States of America. Basically because of the circumstances of
the times people were living two hundred and fifty years ago? Because a way
of life, was put to extinction, by ignorant murdering white people of the past
in regards to the indigenous, whites that are mostly despised today. Alex is a hypocrite?

Do you see what I'm saying?

If you were a blackman, living at the time of the founding fathers? You would
have been a slave. And surely you have given some thought, as to what the living
conditions were for a slave might be, as determined by the slaves ownership.

What I'm saying is you can call Alex a hypocrite all you want, I don't give a crap.
Big deal. But you should watch that it doesn't make you more of one to do so.
Because we're all hypocrites. Some of us are also to damn self righteous.
edit on 26-1-2014 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Alex Jones does good things and brings stuff out into the open. The problem with Alex Jones is that he twists and mashes everything together so that an RFID chip thing also becomes the antichrist, JFK and ObamCare with a side of moon landing Hoax. It's this mashing and twisting and confusion that is wrong with Alex Jones.

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

My Problem with Alex Jones is that he seems to be a " Lone Voice " when it comes to Goverment Tyranny on a Covert Scale . Case in point , this Video .....

Believe it or Not , Right Now the U.S. Federal Goverment is Corrupt as Hell..........

www.youtube.com...=47

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Zanti Misfit

Thank you for the link Zanti. I think it deserves a spot right here in the thread.

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

I do see what you're saying.

You're saying the "founding fathers" cannot he blamed for being slave masters just because that was the time and circumstance.

But let me tell you, If I said the Bush administration invaded Iraq, and Obama drones civilians because, hey, that's the time and circumstance, what with middle eastern troubles, I don't think you or Alex Jones would agree with that at all. And you would be right not to. Era doesn't determine a persons humanity.
You are either a nice person, or an evil piece of Schmidt.

So again for Alex to idolise those men while lambasting their descendants & successors who are about the same level of evil in terms of tyranny, is definitely hypocritical.

My post was not to argue with you, or insult your beliefs... You asked do we have a problem with Alex Jones, & why?
I replied with my opinion.

I also said he does well on a lot of other stuff, from research to waking people up.
That doesn't change his hypocritical bias.

Peace.

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Something I forgot to say was America was already a free nation and the "founding fathers" were actually just building over it, with slaves doing all of the building.
Do not attempt to defend this with the times it was an evil malicious self righteous load of Schmidt.

Also I am not a hypocrite, nor self righteous, speak for yourself please instead of assuming that others are just the same as the tyrants of the past and present.
I'm nothing like them, & never will be either.

Peace.

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 04:47 PM
link   
I've been listening to Alex for a number of years.

I think that when it comes to people like Alex you should pay attention to the message and not the messenger. He does have a LOT of good points, as well as some pretty good documentaries that he makes available for free. That being said, as with anyone spouting a message you have to take it with a grain of salt. Research and verify what the messenger is saying. Do your own fact checking and above all double check the credibility of the people speaking about the topic at hand. If they are recognized within whatever industry as being knowledgeable, then go ahead. But if they are recognized as being a kook, then be warned. Anyone today can start a blog (I have one), create their own youtube channel and proclaim themselves the enlightener's of the masses. Of course people are going to disagree with one another, that's one of the primary points of contention amongst groups. But it's the ability to move beyond differences of opinion towards a goal that is for the betterment of all - that is what the point here is. I hope.

Listen to Alex. Or don't. It's your call, your brain, your life. However please do the research before you blindly accept whatever anyone says as canon.

No, this post was not directed at any ATS user in particular. Just chiming in with regards to the OP's post about Alex.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join