It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reid, Obama and the Democrats alter the 200 plus year old rule in the Senate.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Today Reid and Co. changed the senate rules on ending filibustering. Previously, it has required a 60 vote majority to end filibustering. The Democrats do not have that majority in the current senate.

That has been changed to a simple majority of 51. The 60 vote majority remains for supreme court nominations.

My view is this is an act of desperation by the democrats. The poll numbers for Obama and Hillary, as the next potential democrat candidate, is falling at an amazing rate, despite a friendly and defensive national media.

A simple majority vote allows a virtual "rubber stamp" for the nominees of the President. This allows executive control without the "advise" in advise and consent and creates a virtual puppet Judicial branch to the sitting President and his party.

Those "rhinos", McCain, et al, have been shown the true colours and results of reaching across the aisle. It doesn't work.

The question now is what happens next??

A 2014 congress controlled by the democrats and continued majority in the senate gives a unopposed control of the federal gov't by the Dems. We've seen the arbitrary decisions by Obama irrespective of the law, In the A.C.A., in Fast and Furious, IRS and NSA actions.

All this has occurred with pretty strong vocal and Constitutional opposition. Most of the opposition disappears if this move is combined with a left winning congress in 2014.

Toss in Judicial appointments totally in the left camp and effective opposition ends.

To put it simply, instead of "slightly left leaning" or "slightly right leaning" appointees to federal courts, we instead get left to far left and right to far right appointees. Anyone think that's good for the country??

This is further proof, in my opinion, of Obama and Reid's agenda that goes far beyond the mandate of the people.

How do the Republicans respond, is my question. Do they increase impeachment pressure? Hunker down and wait until they get control, if ever?

I'm betting the democrats have some strategy to spring just before the 2014 elections that they hope/know will swing the vote back their way. A war? Some internal crisis? A combination?

From what I can see things just got worse. If that's even possible. A sad day.

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Already posted.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

Sorry. My bad. My vent...LOL

new topics

join