It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwich is Racist, Says Portland School Official

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 10:41 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by tsingtao

i usually do an open faced pb&j, should piss off the french, lol!!

Now throw some banana slices on it and it's guaranteed

We also like to toast our PBJ's, I'm sure someone will be offended by that too!

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 11:11 PM
link   

badgerprints
Has anybody who travels outside of the US ever noticed that the only time being an American is considered racist, is when you are being an American in the USA?

hell yeah!

i live and travel in asia, all the time. there are very few problems i've encountered and not to do with me, being american.

i've seen some racism between groups, mostly between minorities here, where i live.

and they have good reasons, few bad apples and all that, bs.

but what can you do? the whatchumacallit, sensitivity training?
no chance.
if it walks like a duck....

the only butthole i have met, was a canadian pilot, who was dissing indians, "holding court" in an indian resto, with his entourage.

i pointed out to him, where they were and asked if his food tasted any good. lol!

the "ugly american" is long gone.

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 11:20 PM
link   

pstrron

lol!! you check out the prices of high-end peanut butter and jelly, lately?

Here it runs about 24 RMB a jar or roughly $4 and if you want chunky it cost even more. A small amount of cheese will set you back $20+ and we are talking only 3.2 oz. And you all thought CN was cheap for food.

you are in mainland china?

i am in HK. much cheaper for some imports.

retail, that is.

what is CN? canada?

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 11:22 PM
link   

pstrron

i usually do an open faced pb&j, should piss off the french, lol!!

Now throw some banana slices on it and it's guaranteed

We also like to toast our PBJ's, I'm sure someone will be offended by that too!

maybe Elvis!

or get an endorsement?

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Who here wants to chip in and help me build a spaceship to get off this rock.

Morons are breeding like wildfire and taking over positions of authority.

I need to find a new planet.

un..truckin..believable

Next thing they will tell me a Guiness Beer is racist because it's too dark and might offend a moron.

Burp.

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Yep mainland, only 1.5 hr by CKS ferry. I'm in HK every month, much cheaper shopping there than in CN. PM me if you like, might be able to drop by and say hi next time I'm in HK.

CN = China
edit on 11/21/2013 by pstrron because: add a little

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by pstrron

This guy/gal is an effin moron and should be fired for colossal stupidity of epic proportions.

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by pstrron

Verenice Gutierrez, principal of Harvey Scott K-8 School in Portland

What's scary is that there are imbecile-moronic people like this man in charge of a school!!!!!!

Over young impressionable kids no less
From under which rock did this dude crawl out from? Or maybe it's more like who dropped the rock on his head?

PB&J Rules!!!!!

---------

ETA: I just had to come back and say that -- that is the most IGNORANT, STUPID, NARROW MINDED, DUMB, UNEDUCATED, BIRD BRAINED, INSENSIBLE, BLOCK HEADED, NUMSKULL, FOOLISH statement I've heard lately.
Whew, end rant.....

edit on 22-11-2013 by snarky412 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by th3dudeabides

Why have them fired? Why not have their picture in the encyclopedia next to the heading PC Moron with their statements of how the PBJ is racist and "white privilege". That should do nicely as I am sure any further employment with the school would be an embarrassment for the school or any educational institution.

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 12:27 AM
link   
I was labeled "PB&J" by a drill instructor for stealing peanut butter packets from the chowhall when they forced us not to eat when we screwed up. I took the PB to the barraks with me to eat late at night.
I got caught- and was punished for hours because of it.

I guess that automatically makes me a racist. hah.

(p.s)- I love Peanut butter- Not so much jelly. Im a jelly racist.

edit on 22-11-2013 by Common Good because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by snarky412

What's scary is that there are imbecile-moronic people like this man in charge of a school!!!!!!

Not to long ago they had another bright 'cough,cough' individual that was against kids separating Oreo cookies and eating the white part first. Don't exactly remember what the problem was but it was along the same lines. Kids the world over will take an Oreo apart and eat the center part first and then dip it into milk if they have milk.

I really wonder where these idiots come from and how do they get into their positions.

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 06:13 AM
link   
Why cannot we have Pb+J Sandwiches, Tacos, Pizzas, Sushi, or maybe a Gyro?
What so people of certain races are suppose to eat certain foods?

What's wrong with people ?
This isn't even about race, it's about culture.

I am going to eat food from everywhere.
Is it "edible" ? Safe ?
That's all that matters to me.

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 06:27 AM
link   
This was part of examining "white privilege" somehow.
God forbid you bring cheese and crackers for a snack.
Some officials belong more in a circus than school.
I guess part of that white privilege is spending time at meetings every month trying to figure out how to bring up the scores of minority students.
I pray my grandchildren don't have to put up with this WP garbage.

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 06:29 AM
link   
Ohhh, I remember now, when I was in middle and high school, big business would compete for a spot in the school lunchroom cafeteria. For contracts.

So I had like a Pizza Hut kiosk etc, for lunchtime at public school.
Of course it was paid $$$, the kids on state provided 'free lunch' had to eat the 'non-aligned cafeteria junk' which was purposely made at a very low quality to boost the Corporate kiosk's sells.

What if this guy really doesn't care about peanut butter at all, or race.
What if he got paid off to just ban these pesky bring it yourself lunches?

What if there is a plot to bring in more corporate lunches $$$ and eliminate cheap do it yourself alternatives?

This seems to be a rather reasonable and explanatory scenario.
Considering that it's not exactly out of the ordinary for such tactics to be employed to boost revenue.

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 06:34 AM
link   

markosity1973
It's a sad world we live in when talking about the food we eat is perverted into a racist subject.

Personally, I eat food from pretty much any culture. I find it a great conversation starter and a way to break the ice. ( whoops, is ice now racist too??)

maybe this whole thing stems from racist little white kids that see their parents curse out, or make fun of brown people at home, and when the kids go to school, they bully the brown kid when he's eating something different for lunch or snack...kids can be cruel.

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by pstrron

In that case Rice is racist, Pierogi's are racist, Corn is racist, Chop suey is racist, spaghetti is racist and on and on and on and on.

and here is a racist joke for you.

Do you know why Jews have such big noses?

Because the air is free.

If you didn't figure it out that joke is racist on two levels.

my point being you may make race out of anything. Now while we can't change race what we can see is the person who raises an issue of race in anything including sandwiches is the one who is a racist.

edit on 22-11-2013 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 08:31 AM
link   

markosity1973
It's a sad world we live in when talking about the food we eat is perverted into a racist subject.

Personally, I eat food from pretty much any culture. I find it a great conversation starter and a way to break the ice. ( whoops, is ice now racist too??)

articles.mercola.com...

GMO banned in 26 countries but NOT the USA. Thanks for the poison.

I specially like this one:

#6: Arsenic-Laced Chicken

Arsenic-based drugs are approved for use in animal feed in the US because they make animals grow quicker and make the meat appear pinker (i.e. "fresher"). The US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has stated these products are safe because they contain organic arsenic, which is less toxic than the other inorganic form, which is a known carcinogen.

The problem is, scientific reports surfaced stating that the organic arsenic could transform into inorganic arsenic, which has been found in elevated levels in supermarket chickens. The inorganic arsenic also contaminates manure where it can eventually migrate into drinking water and may also be causing heightened arsenic levels in US rice.

In 2011, Pfizer announced it would voluntarily stop marketing its arsenic-based feed additive Roxarsone, but there are still several others on the market. Several environmental groups have filed a lawsuit against the FDA calling for their removal from the market. In the European Union, meanwhile, arsenic-based compounds have never been approved as safe for animal feed.

Where it's banned: The European Union

Potatoes banned in Africa. Well, on the flip side, www.indianexpress.com...

If you look the other way it doesn't count lol
edit on 22-11-2013 by StoutBroux because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 08:36 AM
link   

StoutBroux

markosity1973

articles.mercola.com...

GMO banned in 26 countries but NOT the USA. Thanks for the poison.

Potatoes banned in Africa. Well, on the flip side, www.indianexpress.com...

If you look the other way it doesn't count lol

From what I understand about GMO produce used in any country including the US in not so much about poisoning but the fact that you cannot get seed from the crop for next years harvest. It is all about getting you to buy seed instead of growing it.

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 08:42 AM
link   
It's considered a poisonous food source. Seeds grow food. People eat food.

edit on 22-11-2013 by StoutBroux because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join