It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Final Plea (Nov2013)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 07:24 PM
link   
After many years in a dysfunctional relationship, the old man decides it’s time to let go of a friendship he’s had since he was fifteen. His friend doesn’t take it so well, and tries to talk him out of it, using weak excuses and pausing in between to gauge the old man’s response to each one.

How dare you just toss me aside, after all those years that I’ve been so supportive? Whenever you were stressed, tired, hungry, angry, I was there. Whenever you felt doubt, regret, sorrow, sadness, I was there. I have been with you through the worst and the best times of your life. How dare you treat me like I wasn’t important! I've been in your life since you were fifteen! And I suppose all those years together don’t matter?

You will not rid yourself of me that easily, sir. I’m a fighter, and I’m stronger than you. That has been proven time and time again. How many times have you tried to end our relationship? You always come back; we both know you’ll come back…

I get it, now that the whole world says I’m bad for you, you feel like you have to let go. Peer pressure got the better of you, did it? I honestly think we can work something out though, I mean, you don’t really want to let me go, do you?

What about all those memories we made together? What about all those times you had no self confidence and I got you through it? Do those moments mean nothing to you? How many times did I help you out five minutes before you had to give a speech? Or the times you were so tired and I was the only one who kept you awake while you were driving home? They have to count for something, right?

And all this time I thought we were friends. Sure, I cost a lot and they’ve packed me so full of carcinogens that you’ll probably die way before your time, but I thought that was what friendship was all about. You give a little; I give a little, that sort of thing….

You do realize I won’t make it easy for you, don’t you? I’m not ready to let you go just yet. And we both know that in about a weeks’ time you’ll regret your decision to part ways. I can guarantee that you’ll be thinking about me all the time, old habits being hard to break and all.

I can almost see it now, I’ll be at the gas station and you’ll see me at the checkout. You’ll want to inquire about me, but you’ll be too ashamed to do it.

And do you think I am going to even acknowledge your existence? No, Sir, I will not! I will be sitting there staring you dead in the eyes, daring you to even raise your hand in my direction. And when you finally give in, and we both know you will, I will be the one in control and you’ll be humiliated yet again. That is the price you will have to pay for trying to rid yourself of me. That is the feeling you'll have when you find out you can’t do it.

Your just not strong enough, that’s your problem. If you were, we would have ended this a long time ago. Probably the very first time you tried. I think we should just try and work this out, maybe we can just not depend on each other so much. It doesn’t have to be all or nothing you know, you can just call on me when you’re really stressed or something. Why not give that a chance?

Or do you really think you can just go cold turkey this time?

The old gentleman presses the button and the car window slides down. His eyes full of confidence and hope, he grabs his last pack and throws them out the window, taking a deep breath as he starts on his path to becoming a non smoker.

Thanks,
Blend57

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by blend57

Haha i enjoyed reading that. I was expecting some argument at the end. A nice little twist!!. S and F for that

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 12:44 PM
link   

TheDoctor46
reply to post by blend57

Haha i enjoyed reading that. I was expecting some argument at the end. A nice little twist!!. S and F for that

Thanks! I'm glad you enjoyed it!
This is actually a true "breakup" I am going through atm. We'll have to see who prevails in the end.

Thanks,
Blend57

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by blend57

Well i wish you good luck with that. Its never easy trying to break old habits

new topics

top topics

join