It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Judge Orders Homeland Security to Release Details for Shutting Down Wireless Networks

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Oh that burned. I been researching this story for a few minutes. DHS is giving this info out over their limitlessly funded butts. This is their ''precious" they must protect no matter how many of us have to die. Sorry if this is posted cuz I didn't see it.

A federal court this week has ordered the Department of Homeland of Security to the secrecy and disclose details about the so-called “internet Kill Switch,” that would allow the agency to “deactivate wireless communications networks” if it determined a localized or national crisis demanded such an action.

worldwidenews.ca...

edit on 21-11-2013 by Hillbilly123069 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Hillbilly123069

This has already been posted on ATS on November the 14th. Your a bit late.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 07:02 PM
link   
From your link

On July 3, 2011, a Bay Area Rapid Transit (“BART”) officer in San Francisco shot and killed a homeless man, Charles Hill. The officer alleged later that Hill had attacked him with a knife and that he had acted in self-defense. The death sparked a major protest against BART on July 11, 2011. Though the protests disrupted service at several transit stations, no one was injured. A second protest was planned one month later, but was cut short after BART officials cut off all cellular service inside four transit stations for a period of three hours. This act prevented any individual on the station platform from sending or receiving phone calls, messages, or other data.

Thats what its really about!

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 07:24 PM
link   

VoidHawk
From your link

On July 3, 2011, a Bay Area Rapid Transit (“BART”) officer in San Francisco shot and killed a homeless man, Charles Hill. The officer alleged later that Hill had attacked him with a knife and that he had acted in self-defense. The death sparked a major protest against BART on July 11, 2011. Though the protests disrupted service at several transit stations, no one was injured. A second protest was planned one month later, but was cut short after BART officials cut off all cellular service inside four transit stations for a period of three hours. This act prevented any individual on the station platform from sending or receiving phone calls, messages, or other data.

Thats what its really about!

---Controlling communication in the name of "national security" ---
Niiiiicce

Wonder how many people not caring about the protests were thinking, "Now WTH is wrong with my damn phone"?

The so-called 'kill switch' is gonna be used in the same manner.
To stop people from sharing information when TPTB sees it as a threat towards them.

--OR--

Possibly to prevent people from finding out what is really going on like in a SHTF type scenario.

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by snarky412

Where i live (UK) they've just made it a crime to place any kind of sign/notice in our gardens, and now the housing organisations have made it a breach of tenancy if the tenant places any kind of notice in their window. Add that to control of the wires and we can see we have been silenced.
These measure tell me that either-
1. tptb are seriously afraid.
or
2. They have something planned thats going to cause riots.
edit on 21-11-2013 by VoidHawk because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 07:36 PM
link   

VoidHawk

Where i live (UK) they've just made it a crime to place any kind of sign/notice in our gardens, and now the housing organisations have made it a breach of tenancy if the tenant places any kind of notice in their window. Add that to control of the wires and we can see we have been silenced.
These measure tell me that either-
1. tptb are seriously afraid.
or
2. They have something planned thats going to cause riots.
edit on 21-11-2013 by VoidHawk because: (no reason given)

I'm kinda leaning more towards your #2.....

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 07:37 PM
link   

It wont let me post the word window! See my above post.

Here it is before I hit submit.

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by VoidHawk

Do you have a link for the suggestion of it being a crime to place a sign in your garden? I'm in the UK too, and won't stand for any of this victimless crime nonsense.

As for killing the wireless networks... that's not something that bothers me in the slightest. It would be a real pleasure to sit in the pub or at a restaurant and enjoy time with friends and associates without someone pulling out a mobile device and being anti-social.

I do see the dangers in preventing the public record/film/message other members of the public if the wireless networks are shut down, but this is where we should simply learn to say "no" to the politicos... take no crud. It really is that simple. Be polite, be assertive, and remember you're in charge - they work for us!

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 08:22 PM
link   

VoidHawk

it's a bug. there's even a thread about it

window
window.
window?
window!
put a space between window . and the period
edit on 21-11-2013 by Metaphysique because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by dampnickers

Hi dampnickers

Well, about a year ago I saw it reported on the tv news that councils up and down the country were going to make it an offence to place any kind of notice/sign in your garden, a fine of £1000 was mentioned. Now that you ask for a link I cant find ANY reference to it! I find that most odd. I will continue to search as I know it was broadcast so it must have been printed somewhere!
As for the ban on signs/notices in windows . I know thats true as I am one of those who's been banned.

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 11:33 PM
link   

VoidHawk

WTH???
Wonder what was up with that

------
ETA: I see that Metaphysique said that it was a 'bug' /glitch of some kind

edit on 21-11-2013 by snarky412 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by VoidHawk

I'm stunned about the idea of being banned from placing a sign in your window ... Would that include placing a sign saying "cold callers aren't welcome" to prevent being disturbed by such people? It's standard practice in parts of Yorkshire, close to where I am, for the residents there to put such signs in their windows...

Whereabouts in the UK are you? I'd love to hear more, and get involved to get this authoritarian nonsense squashed before it gets too far out of hand... I undestand if you don't want to put too much personal info on here in the open, so feel freee to U2U me.

edit on 25/11/2013 by dampnickers because: corrected to allow the word "window" to show.

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 07:26 PM
link   

It has been happening in movie theaters here in states in some places. They jamm the phone frequency so people can't talk on phones. People won't stand for them cutting off their wifi lol.

The Bot

new topics

top topics

join