It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Huge audio archive of UFO history - now online. Many rare recordings, collated by ufologist Wendy Co

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 04:08 AM
link   
Isaac, you've done it yet again mate -truly awesome thread! This is huge news and a priceless collection - essential listening for anyone interested in the UFO subject (whatever their position).

IsaacKoi

I am sure other members of ATS will want to join me in thanking Wendy Connors, Roderick B. Dyke and Giuliano Marinković.

Absolutely - thank you very much!

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by IsaacKoi

Unbelievable!! This is fantastic Issac. Thank you so much for this thread and organizing this information. I'm an avid podcast listener, and now with these downloadable audio recordings I have listening material for...well, forever almost...

I'm going to have to just buy an extra IPod or mp3 player just for all this stuff...

Thank yous go out to Wendy Connors and Roderick B. Dyke...

EDIT to add: This should be made a sticky thread. Personally I prefer reading books and reference material but don't always have the time for that. That's where podcasts and audio recordings come in handy...
edit on 302013x302013-11-22T10:30:56-06:0056000000Fri, 22 Nov 2013 10:30:56 -0600f by Toxicsurf because: must be filled out

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Toxicsurf

I think it is important to thank Giuliano Marinković ("uforadio" here on ATS) as well. He was the person that did all the uploading and had previously obtained all of Wendy's CDs. He is also the person most likely to carry on Wendy's work (and I'm hopefully that now that he is in touch with the person that holds Wendy's archives, i.e. Roderick B Dyke, that some of the previously unreleased recordings will be made available online at some point...)

EDIT to add: This should be made a sticky thread.

Thanks for the thought, but I don't think it would be worth doing that. There has been rather limited interest in this thread so far. More importantly, I did make an overview thread about six years ago that was made a sticky thread for quite a while (my "Free UFO Researcher Starter Pack") and I'm planning on substantially revising and updating that thread at some point after posting my thread on Steven Greer. Wendy Connors' archive (and some other audio material) would be covered in that updated thread, although most of the content will probably reflect my own bias in favour of written material. There is a lot more digitised material available now than when I originally wrote that thread 6 years ago.

edit on 22-11-2013 by IsaacKoi because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Hello Isaac,

Thanks again for highlighting yet another great resource. Life is a bit frantic at the moment so I've only skimmed this thread. So apologies if I've missed the point here.

I do share your enthusiasm for making as much free UFO information available online. I know we have things like the Black Vault, official government resources and thousands of other websites providing material. The quality rates from the ridiculous to the sublime and the problem is that the information, good or bad, is literally all over the place.

It would be good to have an international English language, online, UFO Information repository but I guess that is something that takes serious funding, and a lot of effort and time.

edit on 22/11/13 by mirageman because: edits

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 04:39 PM
link   
I'm sure we've all flagged. Only so much we can do in that sense. But have we starred all of the meticulous and time consuming posts to insure maximum bumpage?

Nice to see a few of my favorite and well-versed ATS "ufologists" here.

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 05:07 PM
link   

The GUT
I'm sure we've all flagged. Only so much we can do in that sense.

Sure. My comment about the limited interest demonstrated in this thread was simply an observation in relation to Toxicsurf's suggestion that this thread should be made a sticky thread. I think that there should only be a small number of sticky threads (if any) and quite simply this thread has not had (and will not have) the level of interest that justifies making it a sticky thread. Any sticky thread would have to be a bit more general to be worthwhile, rather than devoted to one narrow (albeit significant) resource.

If someone goes looking for material covered by Wendy Connor's CDs there is a fairly good chance they will now find the relevant details on ATS (which seems to have pretty good ranking on Google) or on archive.org itself.

Nice to see a few of my favorite and well-versed ATS "ufologists" here.

Indeed.
edit on 22-11-2013 by IsaacKoi because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 07:13 PM
link   

IsaacKoi

Toxicsurf

I think it is important to thank Giuliano Marinković ("uforadio" here on ATS)

I thought I did over on Paracast forum (but alas, it was just a thought)

So thank you Giuliano!!!!!!

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 07:49 PM
link   
I'm still absorbing the wealth of information in this thread.
The tips just in the section on transcribing audio alone deserve commendation.

This will take some time to process all of this. Phenomenal resource, and a phenomenal thread by Isaac introducing it!

EDIT to add: Playing with the searching the PDF. and finding many interesting things. It should show just how much press or radio time the topic was given (but it would help to know more about the audience penetration on some of these shows.)

There's scant traces of present-day UFOlogists, I see only two entries for Stan Friedman, if he counts. There's a 1974 lecture by him, which would be about 8 years into his gig. By the date, I'm guessing he was just warming up with the "Cosmic Watergate" scenario.

This is like a flying saucer buffet! Whatever you are looking for, it is in there: space brothers, scientific discussion, monsters and spacemen, probing and abductions, raw case reports, hoaxes...
edit on 22-11-2013 by CardDown because: excitement

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 08:38 PM
link   

CardDown
...There's scant traces of present-day UFOlogists, I see only two entries for Stan Friedman, if he counts.

HAR!! That was hee-larious!! Good one! Stanton a ufologist! Imagine that.

Okay...maybe you weren't joking...and you did qualify it with, "if he counts" but, imo, he could learn from you. Not vice-versa.

edit on 22-11-2013 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 05:57 AM
link   
reply to post by The GUT

TG, thanks for the compliment, but I'm uncomfortable being mentioned in the same breath as Stanton Friedman. He's worked very hard for many years to keep the UFO topic interesting. I've had occasion to correspond with him twice, and in both, he was friendly and professional. I will note that the second exchange was a commercial transaction, $omething very dear to his heart. The man is a legend.

Getting back on message, Isaac's searchable PDF is an invaluable resource for using this audio archive. I was able to zip through it looking for cases related to specific locations or dates, and as previously mentioned, person's names.

The kind of archival work that Isaac is facilitating is great. He's networking and negotiating to bring these buried resources out to be publicly shared. A lot of UFO history is going to include the phrase, "thanks to Isaac Koi…"

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 05:06 AM
link   

IsaacKoi

03: CASE for the FLYING SAUCERS with Edward R. Murrow

Date of Broadcast: 05.00.1950
Running Time: 00:27:46

Synopsis: A public affairs program that includes a 1947 telephone interview with Kenneth
Arnold, plus several rare recordings of early witnesses to Flying Discs in 1947, 1948 and 1949.

Hi mate am not in a position to listen to any of the recordings at the moment but really do look forward to hearing them - a good friend also asked me to enquire if you were aware of any more info on this Wendy Connors interview with a Project Sign secretary concerning official UFO investigations going as far back as 1946.

"Though it was classified "restricted", Sign's existence was eventually known to the general public under the moniker "Project Saucer". However, UFO historian Wendy Connors claimed, through an interview with a surviving Sign secretary, that "Project Saucer" was the project's original informal name and had actually begun in late 1946. If this was the case, then the Army Air Force had already begun investigation of UFOs well before the Kenneth Arnold sighting that launched the first flood of UFO reports of June–July 1947 in the United States.

12 Connors, Wendy. "Project Blue Book"

Cheers!
edit on 24-11-2013 by karl 12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 03:25 PM
link   

karl 12
a good friend also asked me to enquire if you were aware of any more info on this Wendy Connors interview with a Project Sign secretary concerning official UFO investigations going as far back as 1946.

Hi Karl12,

I don't recall hearing any recording of that interview.

I think that quote on the Wikipedia page on "Project Sign" may be based on the content of Fran Ridge's online report "The Mantell incident" on the NICAP website. That report includes the following at the link below:

www.nicap.org...

Sign was seen as a very important undertaking: Ruppelt wrote that Sign "was given a 2A priority, 1A being the highest priority an Air Force project could have." Though it was classified "restricted", the study's existence was eventually known to the general public, and was often called "Project Saucer". However, UFO historian Wendy Connors established, through an interview with a surviving Sign secretary, that "Project Saucer" was the project's original informal name and had actually begun in late 1946. If this was the case, then the Army Air Force had already begun investigation of UFOs well before the Kenneth Arnold sighting that launched the first flood of UFO reports of June-July 1947 in the United States.

There are a few errors in that paragraph and no source stated. I'm not sure if the errors were made by Wendy or (more likely) in a summary/reporting of her views. Her book at the link below contains more accurate information at page 117:

www.nicap.org...

Officially Sign began on Feb. 11, 1948, although work under that code name had already
commenced on January 26th. When General Craigie gave tentative approval to the project back on
December 30th, he appointed Sign a "2A priority," the second highest, and a security classification
of "restricted," the lowest rating. Sign and later Grudge code names were kept secret, but their
existence became widely known and referred to in the press as "Project Saucer."

Wendy Connors used to post to an email discussion groups that Fran Ridge runs ("Current Encounters") so Wendy may have posted something there about the interview of the Project Sign secretary. I could try searching the archives of that List for any relevant post but without a name it would probably be easier for your friend to email Fran Ridge via the nicap website and ask for a reference to support that paragraph in his online report or further details.
edit on 24-11-2013 by IsaacKoi because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 02:29 AM
link   
Thanks, Wendy Connors, Isaac Koi and your collaborators for bring to our attention this valuable resource. I do a fair amount of driving and I'll now have 50 years of Anomalous Aerial Objects history to keep me company. I'm in the process of downloading it all now.

gguyx

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 09:27 AM
link   

IsaacKoi
Relevant links are given below (including in a post below outlining the sections of this thread and giving links to each of the 12 compilations - just click on "Disc 1", "Disc 2" etc in that post) and are also included on the first page of a searchable PDF index.

What I failed to realize until by accident, was that Isaac's PDF directory has clickable links from within!
Makes navigation to desired recordings much easier.

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 02:16 PM
link   

IsaacKoiHi Karl12,

I don't recall hearing any recording of that interview.

I think that quote on the Wikipedia page on "Project Sign" may be based on the content of Fran Ridge's online report "The Mantell incident" on the NICAP website. That report includes the following at the link below:

Isaac thanks for that my friend and if the interview does exist then no doubt it's a very important one and really would be an interesting listen - Fran Ridge provides a personal email in this pdf book so will send him a festive message and post back with any info -a ho ho happy Christmas to you mate!

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by IsaacKoi

Isaac, I recently got in touch with a gentleman who had attend the big Saucer News convention in 1967 and had displayed some hand built model of aliens. He gave me permission to use pictures of these in a photo essay for the Jim Moseley tribute page:
Saucer News NYC Convention Memories

All that is background. These memories of the convention rekindled UFO his interest, particularly in one of the cases he depicted, the 1964 Socorro, NM close encounter. Thanks to the audio archives, I was able to direct him to the case recordings, which feature several interviews with Lonnie Zamora and the investigators.

I'm pretty sure he will get a big kick out of being able to hear these original news stories, I know I did. Thanks again for bringing this together and for allowing me to share this with an old original saucer fiend!

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 09:18 AM
link   
a reply to: IsaacKoi

Just an incredible archive, thanks for your efforts.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join