It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S.-Afghan “Breakthrough”: Troops Stay 10 More Years if Obama Apologizes

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Oh what a surprise the Americans probably won't be leaving after all...

I read an article yesterday where Susan Rice (I think the National Security Adviser) said that the U.S. isn't the one who should apologise - in fact on the contrary it's Afghanistan who should be apologising after the U.S. helped them "build" their democracy.

Yes that's right. America carpet bombs countries into oblivion and then has the gall to expect them to apologise. That's the exact same arrogant attitude they had towards Vietnam.

Makes me sick. Trying to get a deal where American troops can be immune from Afghan prosecution. They actually want American troops to be allowed to forcibly enter Afghan homes.

Would Americans be happy with having Chinese troops forcibly enter their homes? Imagine the outcry and uproar?

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Not to mention the Americans quite blatantly sabotaging the tentative peace talks that were due to take place between the Afghan government and the Taliban.

Obviously the Americans need things to remain unstable or there's no justification for them still being there.

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

If Afghanistan can't keep its own government in power after well over a decade of our help, they either don't have the support of their own people or are too corrupt or inept to BE a government. Karzai and his corrupt cohorts have sent billions of dollars out of country to fund their own private villas and estates in other countries, so if the government falls, they will flee to their new, wealthy retirement, or try to have a government in exile and continue reaping in the money. How can this country be so perpetually inept to not have its own army after all these years? Why should we continue to support this corrupt and inept regime with our tax dollars and the blood of our servicemen and women? They don't deserve us. If their own people cared enough, there would be a loyal army dedicated to keeping their way of life safe from the Taliban. The opium production has increased dramatically. Imagine that. This country is a compilation of warlords, tribes, smugglers, religious fanatics, dirt poor farmers, and little else. A slight taste of civilization in Kabul and little else in the rest of the country. They have had plenty of time to get their act together and are milking us like the bandits they are. What a waste of time and money and blood.

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 10:40 PM
link   
You fight a war to win a war.

You bomb the hell out of them.

Then send in the army and shoot anyone still standing.

You then plant a f###king flag and get concessions.

I don't know what the f### this is.

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by jaxnmarko

Nicely said. I don't think I've heard a more succinct summary of Afghanistan before. We ought to put that in a letter and send it to Karzai.

reply to post by beezzer

Nice hat Beezz!
Stylish too.

I don't know what the f### this is.

Yeah, me neither. Which was why I brought it up at the start of this.
edit on 257pm0707pm112013 by Bassago because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Bassago

and even accept U.S. Special Forces raiding private homes.

But Karzai wanted something first: a letter from President Barack Obama apologizing for the harm that U.S. forces have brought on Afghan civilians over the past 12 years.

Draft PDF Doc

Wants foreign military to apologise for harm caused to civilians...

Accepts future raids by said military on said civilians...

That's pretty effing sound logic!

"Say you're sorry, but keep it up!"

Maybe he's just trying to win his people over by getting the US to apologise. After all, it's them who will ultimately allow the US to stay - not karzai
edit on 22-11-2013 by xxdaniel21 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 01:03 AM
link   
reply to post by jaxnmarko

I think Mr Obama President has no idea how to be a WARRIOR MONK.

When will you realise that foreign policy always has to be directed by the interests of the people living within that country. Regardless of whether the nations leaders have a private estate/colony on mars or not.

YOUR COMMENT "They don't deserve us?"

Trying to play HARD TO GET after screwing your date all the way. Seems PULLING OUT doesnt seems too macho for the guys ? Eh? So you need to f**k everyone all the way? Eh?

Your comment "What a waste of ... BLOOD". I'm sure you're referring to US soldiers. Is that what your soldier brethren are to you? Just drops of blood? Aww... man! Thats sad!
edit on AM112013-11-23T01:12:18-06:0012America/Chicago1130AMSaturday12 by AsianAlienKungFusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 01:19 AM
link   
reply to post by AsianAlienKungFusion

How about the american public completely disengage themselves from the mercenaries - black water, Xe, - or whatever name they go by these days, and the politically corrupt gov't officials in the dems and repubs parties - and say -

Go make your money and kill women and children - and be hunted down by the world as the terrorists - ala Alciada you have always been.

Get rid of the bushes and the clintons, and the obozo's and the - dare I say - kennedys - that have been killing our young people in the form of "us military"

Go- make your blood money on your own - and leave the rest of the world out of it - Go form your own personal army of "blood suckers and civilian killers " for drug money.

Leave the decent american citizens left out of your holocaust.

Take responsibility for your own blood/money lust - and leave, we the american citizens, out of it.

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 08:51 AM
link   
I guess when they planed to bring the troops home they thought they'd be done with Iran by now, so they need an excuse to stay longer. Not much of a surprise really.

Kram09
[...]
I read an article yesterday where Susan Rice (I think the National Security Adviser) said that the U.S. isn't the one who should apologise - in fact on the contrary it's Afghanistan who should be apologising after the U.S. helped them "build" their democracy.

Yes that's right. America carpet bombs countries into oblivion and then has the gall to expect them to apologise.[...]

Well, that's rich... perhaps France, Belgium, the Netherlands, the UK, Poland and all the other countries Germany invaded or bombed during WW2 should apologize to us as well...

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 09:09 AM
link   
NM
edit on 23-11-2013 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 03:00 PM
link   

seeker1963
reply to post by Bassago

Growing and importing the end product of the poppy plant is a very profitable business for the CIA and the bankers!

Where you been my friend?

Poppy plant grow anywhere is the world. It would be a lot cheaper to grow them in the U.S..
30 thousand poppy plants will yield about 1 lbs of pure opium every 5-10 days of bleeding.

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

THE REASON WE ARE OVER THERE IS BECAUSE GEORGE BUSH DIDN'T WANT TO INVADE SAUDIA ARABIA THE REAL 911 INSTIGATORS. they attacked us but they supoosedly trained in afganistan so we went there instead of knocking down the saudi s

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 05:25 PM
link   
10 more years would be plenty of time for karsai to have an "accident" and the ever-helpful u.s. can sweep in and offer our support in establishing a new ruler, one who is fully aware of how easily it is to have an accident.

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Update from the Associated Press, doesn't look like things are going smoothly. I wonder with all the talk of "leaving" Afghanistan why so much turmoil?

PARIS (AP) -- Afghanistan President Hamid Karzai lashed out at the United States, accusing it of making threats in the dispute over an agreement to keep U.S. troops in the country beyond 2014.

In an interview published Tuesday by the French daily Le Monde, Karzai says the U.S. is "absolutely" acting like a colonial power in its attempts to force him to sign the bilateral security agreement by the end of this year. The paper quoted him as saying: "The threats they are making, `We won't pay salaries, we'll drive you into a civil war.' These are threats."
Associated Press

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join