It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Blogger Who Questioned French Megabanks Fined 8,000 Euros by France

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by doesntmakesense

Société Générale Hmmm.

Ah yes,

well connected with Rothschilds and Rockefellers I believe.

No wonder they're paranoid !!

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Seems like they have been up to no good again.

Yet another dark cloud is looming over global banks as officials examine their behavior in the massive foreign exchange market, threatening to deal a new blow to earnings and reputations. Regulators in the U.S., Europe and Asia are in the early stages of investigating whether traders at the world's top banks manipulated foreign exchange benchmarks to profit at the expense of their clients. Goldman Sachs (GS, Fortune 500), Citigroup (C, Fortune 500), JP Morgan (JPM, Fortune 500), Deutsche Bank (DB), Barclays (BCS), Royal Bank of Scotland (RBS), UBS (UBS) and HSBC (HBCYF)are among the firms in their sights. Financial lawyers say the probe could have steep and uncertain consequences as the impact of currency market abuse would reverberate far beyond Wall Street. It's unwelcome timing for an industry already fighting a raft of legal battles over foreclosure abuses, misleading investors over mortgages and payment protection insurance. And then there's the Libor scandal.

money.cnn.com... Bigger than Libor? Forex probe hangs over banks
edit on 21-11-2013 by Horus12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 08:49 PM
link   

burntheships
This article from SLATE is disgusting, by Posner

Americans need to learn that the rest of the world—and not just Muslims
—see no sense in the First Amendment. Even other Western nations take a
more circumspect position on freedom of expression than we do, realizing
that often free speech must yield to other values and the need for order.

It loses something in the translation... This speech was much better in its original German form.

"Arbeit macht frei "

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

Good thing this US citizen who lives in the US has his 1A to stand on and behind.
I don't care to hit the link, but if said blogger is indeed being fined, there must be more than we are being told.

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 11:40 PM
link   

g146541

I don't care to hit the link, but if said blogger is indeed being fined, there must be more than we are being told.

Like what, that the banks in France are really solvent?

Dream on....

Or you could clarify.

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

If you sourced your research and your opinion is factually base Mish tell em to go suck some brie shaped shlong!

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 11:45 AM
link   
This guy is lucky. If France behaved the way the US does (and I'm not excusing France here, it's ridiculous) the guy would have been arrested in the middle of the night, had his assets taken, and sent to prison despite not being a French citizen or on French soil.

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Cobra Command ...er...Interpol will be knocking on this guys door soon for payment....
edit on 22-11-2013 by AbleEndangered because: addition

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Asktheanimals
The elites in France have been creating their own version of reality for quite some time (think of all the Loius'). Not to disparage the French in general, they are a wonderful if sometimes aloof people possessed of a great culture and history. That is however, not a ticket to create your own dreamworld and demand that everyone else conform to their reality.

Mish should write them back saying "let them eat cake".

Even better counter sue their butts in a federal court.

1st amendment holds true here in the USA, if they don't like it they can .........off.

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 01:44 PM
link   
"France did it" ?

That's pish poor. It's like blaming the entire USA when Pensacola City Council fines someone for littering.

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 01:47 PM
link   

LeBombDiggity
"France did it" ?

That's pish poor. It's like blaming the entire USA when Pensacola City Council fines someone for littering.

Dont feel bad, it just Merikan brain washing at work. They have been programed to view you guys as cowardly traitorous and decietfull by there media.

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by crazyewok

Eh, I don't feel bad at all.

SocGen are a useless bank. Trust me on that. Whether the bloggers claims are true I don't know. But I think the Cour Européenne des Droits de l’homme would throw the whole case out anyway ... you can't just impose fines on people, that's totally unfair ... no charges, no opportunity for a defense, no trial by jury, no appeal rights ... that fails just about every legal test set in the EU. Plus there's the question of jurisdiction, free speech anyway.

A totally nonsensical situation.

But HELL YEAH just blame the whole of France.

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by LeBombDiggity

Yeah I agree the EU court of human righst would make mince meat of the whole case. It just wouldnt hold water as it breaches the 2nd artical of the Charter of fundemnetal righst. So unless the banks pays the judges off the case wont last 5 minutes.
edit on 22-11-2013 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by BASSPLYR

it really saddens me to see such a short memory.
And then you are going to come here and whine how other countries hate US, therefore freedom, etc...
Such non-respect is simply... no words....

I will not even go down the route mentioning Vietnam, Afghanistan, how simple illeterate farmers kicked your great army's backs... (they did the same to the French army before, in the Vietnam case)...

I could have expected a bit more respect from someone from an educated, civilized country.
When is your national day? Do you know why? Does Lafayette rings a bell? Haven't you learnt in school that without France, you would probably still belong to the Commonwealth? (I know, exactly the same way that without US army, I would probably speak German).

Besides, given the origins of most people in the US, there is a high probability that you have French blood.

Now, back on the subject: this decision (to fine a blogger, in a foreign country) is just ridicuous...

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by crazyewok

crazyewok
French are always doing dumbass things and most the time the EU courts tell them to back down.

edit on 21-11-2013 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

Very true.
For info, this is also true when France is doing great things.
Brussels is even *suggesting* France which national companies to sell...
EU feels more and more like the Kingdom of Barroso & his followers...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join