It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Suddenly Understood Something About Mary

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 03:38 AM
link   

But last night I was watching a show about a priest describing several exorcisms he had seen"
"But that's not what this thread is about fully, it is about what I saw in this episode that led me to what I understand. "

"I saw as the priest was telling the person to repeat the "Hail Mary" and it was cursing at that. Then I remembered that in the Bible, it talks about the woman clothed with the sun and the moon under her feet and that she went into the wilderness to give birth, and the dragon was very angry with her and wanted to kill the child. After seeing this possessed person curse Mary, I wondered why."

"I also wondered why Holy Water burns. I don't understand that myself either, but apparently there must be something to it. I just don't know about that one."

Isn't this the beginning of your error?
You watched a television show on the pulpit called mass media.
This pulpit preaches whatever it's writers write.
Belief comes through hearing.
So why can you not see that your view of Mary has now been influenced by this pulpit? So much so that you come to see her in the woman in Revelation? It wasn't scripture, nor precept upon precept nor the Holy Spirit enlightening you - you watched the pulpit of mass media.

What is any different than a Catholic, or Christian for that matter, reading the dogma of men - its reams of Catechisms and books - and then perceiving only what it preached to them? Nothing. This pulpit of mass media does not preach the gospel of God nor Christ. It exists to sway the minds of the populace just as the men in Judea swayed the masses to shout 'crucify him'. Swayed being the operative word. If like Peter, your mind is on the things of men instead of the things of God, are you too not 'Satan', an adversary? Peter could not understand nor believe what Jesus was telling him, why? Because his understanding was of men, the things of men occupied his mind. This admonition is to all of us. A catholic cannot see beyond its last church codified dogma. Mary has grown from blessed to now a co-mediatrix, saviour, redeemer, the holy spirit and who knows what else over the span of its church history.

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 09:40 AM
link   

MCL1150
reply to post by WarminIndy

Very Good Post:-)
The Pure One as Jesus calls his Mother, is the first human being to enter Heaven. Jesus Christ Opened the Gates to Heaven for us, remember Jesus was in exile when he came down to Earth, he was ready to go Home, ready to be with his Father God!
If you Pray to Mary you make the Father and Son Very Happy, you lose no graces from God in fact you gain much for trusting the one who brought his Son into the World!

No she wasn't he was, and where is your proof that she "ascended" to heaven? No one ascends to heaven but the Lord. Christ never said to pray to Mary, that is catholic dogma. He said to ask in his name, not hers.

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 10:38 AM
link   

lonewolf19792000
where is your proof that she "ascended" to heaven? No one ascends to heaven but the Lord.

Mary didn't ascend into heaven. She was ASSUMED into heaven. GOD took her.
Her tomb is empty. Only Jesus ascended into heaven.
Side note ... where's your proof Jesus rose from the dead?

Christ never said to pray to Mary, that is catholic dogma.

God said that we are to pray for each other and that we are to ask others to pray for us.
That's Christian teaching.

He said to ask in his name, not hers.

When people talk to Mary they ask IN JESUS NAME ....
They ask her to go to her Son and be an intercessor for them to Him.
It's no different then you asking me to pray to Jesus for you.
Except that Mary is in Heaven and is closer to God than I am.

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

Ok, Mary was the First Human taken into Heaven Body and Soul... If you just pray to the Virgin Mary only, you can get to Heaven, because when you pray to her you're also praying to God. God accept all prayers to Saints as if you were praying to him. I think the Catholic Church got it right, Catholic Church teachings are infallible!
Please show me where it's written "Not" to pray to the Mother of God for help!

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 05:06 PM
link   

MCL1150
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

Ok, Mary was the First Human taken into Heaven Body and Soul... If you just pray to the Virgin Mary only, you can get to Heaven, because when you pray to her you're also praying to God. God accept all prayers to Saints as if you were praying to him. I think the Catholic Church got it right, Catholic Church teachings are infallible!
Please show me where it's written "Not" to pray to the Mother of God for help!

As discussed by the OP, no one should neglect the Divine Presence of Mother Mary. Although the Catholic teachings are NOT infallible, there are always truth in all things, either it be religion, spirituality, or even politics. There are NOTHING out there that are infallible. Because knowledge and wisdom can always be transcended, no matter where you are or what you're doing, depending on your current spiritual progress. As soon as you say something is infallible, you are standing still in the Flow of Life or moving backwards. You believe that you can't go beyond the paradigm of understanding.

As for Mary, she represents the Universal Mother aspect of God. In fact, Mary means Ma-Ray or Mother Ray. Did you know that all things on this Earth IS the Mother aspect of God? Mother is the result of creation, while Father is the Creator aspect. The Catholics seem to go to the extreme on the worship of Mary, just like most religions out there. The problem with that is that they are not merging God's Forces of Father AND Mother. It is a matter of balance and not go in extremes on either one. There are religions out there that worship only the Father aspect or even just the Son aspect (which is balance). You must balance all the forces of God in single ONENESS, Perfect Harmony.

edit on 11/26/2013 by ctophil because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 06:09 PM
link   

WhoKnows100

But last night I was watching a show about a priest describing several exorcisms he had seen"
"But that's not what this thread is about fully, it is about what I saw in this episode that led me to what I understand. "

"I saw as the priest was telling the person to repeat the "Hail Mary" and it was cursing at that. Then I remembered that in the Bible, it talks about the woman clothed with the sun and the moon under her feet and that she went into the wilderness to give birth, and the dragon was very angry with her and wanted to kill the child. After seeing this possessed person curse Mary, I wondered why."

"I also wondered why Holy Water burns. I don't understand that myself either, but apparently there must be something to it. I just don't know about that one."

Isn't this the beginning of your error?
You watched a television show on the pulpit called mass media.
This pulpit preaches whatever it's writers write.
Belief comes through hearing.
So why can you not see that your view of Mary has now been influenced by this pulpit? So much so that you come to see her in the woman in Revelation? It wasn't scripture, nor precept upon precept nor the Holy Spirit enlightening you - you watched the pulpit of mass media.

What is any different than a Catholic, or Christian for that matter, reading the dogma of men - its reams of Catechisms and books - and then perceiving only what it preached to them? Nothing. This pulpit of mass media does not preach the gospel of God nor Christ. It exists to sway the minds of the populace just as the men in Judea swayed the masses to shout 'crucify him'. Swayed being the operative word. If like Peter, your mind is on the things of men instead of the things of God, are you too not 'Satan', an adversary? Peter could not understand nor believe what Jesus was telling him, why? Because his understanding was of men, the things of men occupied his mind. This admonition is to all of us. A catholic cannot see beyond its last church codified dogma. Mary has grown from blessed to now a co-mediatrix, saviour, redeemer, the holy spirit and who knows what else over the span of its church history.

Thank you for pointing out what may be error on my part in watching tv. But like I said, I simply wondered. Have I turned Catholic in any way, simply by recognizing that Mary should be called blessed, as the Bible says? If you fail to call her blessed, then you are violating a precept.

What have I said in any other post to cause you to think I follow all those other traditions and dogmas? I simply said that I understand now that we have been failing as Protestants the respect that is due her, and I didn't lead into anything else.

But since you are adamant that I am violating a precept, then I would have to wonder why you didn't call her blessed, as the Bible says you should? At this juncture, I am compelled by the Holy Spirit to defend her name, because she is to be called blessed. I can't get out of that and you can't either, if you read the Bible. And I didn't tell you any dogma, creed or tenet, only that Protestants have failed in that respect. It's only about showing honor and respect in calling her blessed, even your Protestant Bible says that one little line, don't forget that.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join