It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A shocking discovery possible enviromental catastrophy

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 04:53 PM
link   
so im at work and i dont have a lot of time too do some research right now, but a quick google search brings a list of articles relating to pollution types from paper and pulp mills, Organocholrine and chlorinated solvents and peroxides, alchohols and hydrocarbons, transitional and heavy metals, the lists goes on and on...

depends on the type of processes used to manufacture there, but being 127 years old i bet they've done just about everything there, and sites of that age are notorius for historical contamination before environmental practice were ever put in place

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Craninalbliss

My father has a workmans comp case against his Paper mill, where he worked for over 30 years.

The chemical hazard list with side effects he has for the case is over 3 inches thick, he was a in charge of chemical storage there. Suffered from several types of cancer related to the exposure and improper procedures, his plant was fined for dumping waste water into the open environment.

The fines they got always seemed amazingly small.

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 02:29 AM
link   
I do have a background in Chemistry, and while it is not related to the paper-manufacturing industry, I found this here: en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Craninalbliss

for some reason i can get the link to work?

You need a short link:

goo.gl...

The red liquid could be some sulfite by-products (known as red liquor)

en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 22-11-2013 by stormcell because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 03:59 PM
link   
I know a guy (we will call Bob) who worked on a chemical spill response crew. The group he worked for would be contracted by large companies to help them meet the required government standards. The company that had contracted them told them that safety gear was not required and that the chemical types and leakage into the nearby lakes where within government standards. Unfortunately for Bob this was an utter lie. He only found this out later after he was exposed to a neural toxin and suffered temporary neurological impairment. By the time he was flown to a nearby city, this was a from a remote site, the toxin had left his body before the blood tests at the hospital, meaning he had no evidence to turn around and sue with. He quite that job and never looked back. The scary thing is this stuff is still being dumped in the lakes. I also know a farmer who had found local companies illegally dumping stuff in to a lake by a large city uncontested by any group, and when he went to seek the authorities they told him to not get involved, nothing was ever done.
edit on 22-11-2013 by halfmask because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Get the news involved sparky.

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 09:17 AM
link   
So did you ever get around to putting on your secret agent camo costume for this special mission or did you decide it was an ordinary drainage pipe and didn't call for a scooby doo kids adventure/ jesse ventura snoop and expose?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join