It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unexplained UFO seen during Indiana Tornado -November 2013

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 01:13 PM
link   

gortex
reply to post by Bilk22

However it is insulting to everyone's intelligence to call it an RC or debris.

Insulting to everyone's intelligence ...really ?

We don't know the wind speed in the OP video but I don't see no twister and it don't sound that windy .
So you think that tiny little quadcopter would look the same at the distance the video in the OP was shot from? You think you would even be able to see it?

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 01:14 PM
link   

KEMIK
reply to post by Bilk22

I'm failing to see how searching for possible explanations would be considered "nonsense". And reasonable points were made I may add.

With possible explanations like the moon, I think nonsense is a fair assessment.

2nd.

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Krakatoa

usertwelve
reply to post by CigaretteMan

Appears to be a plastic bag floating in the wind gusts.

I know it is a WILD idea that it could be something mundane and not a CRAFT, but, seems to me I have seen tarps, but not any alien crafts.....yet.

edit on 11/21/2013 by Krakatoa because: (no reason given)

Maybe you have but refuse to accept that idea

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Bilk22

An RC with lights could be seen at height due to the darker clouds in the background .

As I've already said I don't know what it is but I suspect it is an RC .

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 01:25 PM
link   
I have seen this on 2 other tornado footage videos at least.

Here is one of them:

UFO caught heading into a tornado. Amazing footage!
www.youtube.com/watch?v=FcDkUM4_sdM
www.youtube.com...

I can't find the other at all.

The other one was the big light anomaly that lingered across one of the big tornados of last year or 2011, not sure if it was Joplin or not.

I got a feeling of a thick orbital or high altitude aerial platform infrared beam, similar to this phenomenon.

Laser Targeting UAV, Evidence of Military Technology on 9/11 (original)
www.youtube.com/watch?v=dr4BJ89Df5Q
www.youtube.com...

The camera lens is able to capture the infrared light.

Weather Manipulation, Aliens, or Both!!

I remember Cobra Commander was crazy about controlling the weather!!

Robot Chicken: GI Joe's Fight for the Weather Dominator
www.youtube.com/watch?v=F93ssIqlrAU
www.youtube.com...

edit on 21-11-2013 by AbleEndangered because: additions

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 01:25 PM
link   
The context of this sighting reminds me of the anomalies that are said to be seen accompanying the dust storms/haboobs that occur in Phoenix/Tempe Arizona from time to time...stormy weather...

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 01:26 PM
link   

gortex
You wouldn't see the Moon or a Star through that cloud bank but you would see an RC copter with lights which is what I think it could be , other than that... Aliens

Yeah because the ideal time to fly your "RC copter" is during a tornado outbreak with sirens sounding.

There are many videos showing UFOs in and around thunderstorms. The theory is that they're able to extract energy from them.

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Bilk22
Do weather balloons have the ability to navigate against the prevailing winds? The clouds are all traveling at a good speed to the right. The object is traveling to the left, against the prevailing winds. So unless weather balloons are remote controllable and have propulsion, it's not a weather balloon either.

I said it is a UFO. I also said it's unknown where it originated from. However it is insulting to everyone's intelligence to call it an RC or debris. It clearly is neither.

What I find insulting is questioning someone's intelligence simply because you do not agree with their possible explanation. I didn't see a response above saying that there is a definitive answer except for yours. A UFO (terrestrial or otherwise) is a fairly safe explanation. Thumbs up for that, well thought out.

Moving on...

My guess that it may have been a piece of debris is based on the fact that there was high winds in that area. Does wind move in a linear motion at all times? I don't think so. It's safe to assume that it is possible for debris to move erratically.

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Bilk22
It is certainly a craft

How do you know it's a craft and not some piece of debris or a lose advertising balloon etc. caught in the storm? All I see is a bright dot. Hardly enough data to say it's a craft or to come to whatever conclusion really.

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 01:50 PM
link   

KEMIK

Bilk22
Do weather balloons have the ability to navigate against the prevailing winds? The clouds are all traveling at a good speed to the right. The object is traveling to the left, against the prevailing winds. So unless weather balloons are remote controllable and have propulsion, it's not a weather balloon either.

I said it is a UFO. I also said it's unknown where it originated from. However it is insulting to everyone's intelligence to call it an RC or debris. It clearly is neither.

What I find insulting is questioning someone's intelligence simply because you do not agree with their possible explanation. I didn't see a response above saying that there is a definitive answer except for yours. A UFO (terrestrial or otherwise) is a fairly safe explanation. Thumbs up for that, well thought out.

Moving on...

My guess that it may have been a piece of debris is based on the fact that there was high winds in that area. Does wind move in a linear motion at all times? I don't think so. It's safe to assume that it is possible for debris to move erratically.

It could be a flying pink elephant too I guess. I'm sure we'll never know.

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Hmm...

Very interesting find there.

I would not go so far as to say that it is a piece of debris but it is definitely something. Whether or not it is an alien craft is hard to tell. In my opinion the assertion that this could be an RC quad-rotor helicopter is a bit of a stretch. as on member pointed out already it does not exactly seem like ideal flying conditions for such a device.

Another reply mentioned the possibility that it could be debris. Now I don't think that it is likely to be a plastic grocery bag or the like the the Mylar tarp idea seems like it might be able to hold water, though I (at least) would expect it to flutter - I guess flutter works - a little more in the winds.

Then we have the old stand-by, the trusty weather balloon. This is in my opinion the most likely culprit as loathe as I am to admit it. If, however, it is indeed a balloon on would expect its movement to be less erratic as the object in question seems to actually maneuver of its own volition, at least to my eyes.

Great video. We will never know what it really is though, unfortunately. As always with issues of this nature information gleaned is always speculative and subjective based on the viewers bias.

Kallisti

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Adding a bit of intrigue to this thread and the sighting of what ever it is in the OP's video. I participate on another forum that has nothing what so ever to do with most of what's discussed here on ATS. A member there lives within a few miles of this event. He went to assist after the storm subsided - he's a contractor with demolition and construction experience. He, as was everyone else, including the homeowners who were effected, were turned away by police. We saw this happen in Oklahoma and in Colorado.

I don't know if a connection can be drawn between the storm, the orb or flying piece of pink elephant or what ever it is, and the authorities preventing people from re-entering the areas effected by the storm. Just thought I'd toss this out there.

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Bilk22

KEMIK

Bilk22

Moving on...

Come on man, that kind of sarcastic ineptitude is exactly the reason this forum has fallen under enhanced scrutiny. Obviously you have a strong opinion regarding this topic, as I have but lets try and have respect for all manner of opinions. I don't want to single you out but the 'pink elephant' remark was a tad asinine, surely you agree?

Kallisti

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 02:06 PM
link   

gortex
reply to post by Bilk22

However it is insulting to everyone's intelligence to call it an RC or debris.

Insulting to everyone's intelligence ...really ?

We don't know the wind speed in the OP video but I don't see no twister and it don't sound that windy .

Come on Gorty, the point is this is one is neither of those. Now it is possible cgi. The actual source would have to be looked and then you could rule it out.

It does look like genuine ufo though.

The Bot

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 02:16 PM
link   

CagliostroTheGreat

Bilk22

KEMIK

Bilk22

Moving on...

Come on man, that kind of sarcastic ineptitude is exactly the reason this forum has fallen under enhanced scrutiny. Obviously you have a strong opinion regarding this topic, as I have but lets try and have respect for all manner of opinions. I don't want to single you out but the 'pink elephant' remark was a tad asinine, surely you agree?

Kallisti

I think there were a few posts that would appear to not have respect for other peoples intelligence. However I'll admit that a pink flying elephant is probably the least likely object to be flying around during that storm.

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 02:23 PM
link   

I think there were a few posts that would appear to not have respect for other peoples intelligence. However I'll admit that a pink flying elephant is probably the least likely object to be flying around during that storm.

Well, see that is all a matter of relative observation. One man may look at a Rorschach blot and see pretty little butterflies while another may see two men dueling over the hand of an unrequited love. I agree with you, by the by, that the object in question is certainly not an RC helicopter. I just wish, and this goes for lots of members, that we could lose the 'internet mentality' and discuss controversial topics like fully mature adults.

Kallisti

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by dlbott

Now it is possible cgi. The actual source would have to be looked and then you could rule it out.

I did check the source out it's the guy that uploaded the video to youtube , I don't think it's CGI .

He said this a few hours ago ...

It actually came really low a few minutes before I shot this video

I still think it's probably an RC aircraft or Aliens... most likely RC aircraft

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by gortex

If I may, Gortex, Why do you think that it is an RC helicopter?

You used this explanation in another thread recently as well, which as it happens I thought was a fairly descent explanation for that particular video, though not fully air-tight.

I just can't see an enthusiast risking his expensive toy during what is obviously the onset of a severe thunderstorm, if not an obvious tornado. It really does not make sense to me. Perhaps your view could shed light on my doubts.

Kallisti
edit on Cpm3Thursday0120134730Thu, 21 Nov 2013 15:01:47 -06002013 by CagliostroTheGreat because: error

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Some light weight RC unit would be carried off in the winds...

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 03:11 PM
link   

CagliostroTheGreat
reply to post by gortex

If I may, Gortex, Why do you think that it is an RC helicopter?

You used this explanation in another thread recently as well, which as it happens I thought was a fairly descent explanation for that particular video, though not fully air-tight.

I just can't see an enthusiast risking his expensive toy during what is obviously the onset of a severe thunderstorm, if not an obvious tornado. It really does not make sense to me. Perhaps your view could shed light on my doubts.

Kallisti
edit on Cpm3Thursday0120134730Thu, 21 Nov 2013 15:01:47 -06002013 by CagliostroTheGreat because: error

I know your request was not to me directly, but, if it IS an RC quad (or similar RC toy), I can understand why someone would fly this at this time. If it were me, I might fly it up as high as I could above the area to record a "birds eye view" of the storm and it's destruction so I could sell the footage to the news. Imagine a news exclusive of an on-hand video, above the area, with no risk to loss of life, etc... Perhaps even (if lucky) get a shot of the formation and touchdown of a funnel cloud from above. I'll bet that would be unique footage and worth $$ to someone (either news or storm chasers).

I'm sure it would pay for itself if the footage survived.

edit on 11/21/2013 by Krakatoa because: Fixed spelling and other fat-finger errors

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join