It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rare, X Rebirth Causes some Gamers Nausea,Headaches after Playing for Few Hours

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Rare, X Rebirth Causes some Gamers Nausea after Playing for Few Hours

According to the devs X Rebirth takes place in the X universe which according to the Egosoft. Story shows a more focused effort on specific characters than Egosoft's previous X title series based games.

Since the release of the game last week, X Rebirth received mixed to negative reception from users. Several of the criticism revolves around a counter-intuitive graphic interface, linearity, technical issues, poor voice acting, and the removal or heavy alteration of many previously key and centric series mechanics.

But the most bizarre experience from some gamers from whom had bought the game this weekend were experiencing Nausea,Headaches after Playing as result according to due to a feature. This event in gaming is rare in which where a game causes both Nausea,Headaches.

Here's an example. Players experiencing strange visuals during playthrough.

having a strange visual issue

but its almost like my eyes are seeing 2 different things at the same time or an after image. for instance reading a sign or billboard unless standing perfectly still is not possible. i played for roughly an hour and i have this headache i don't believe

Headache ANyone else get a headache when playing this? (not from bugs and such)

Motion sickness from games? Or ache from stress?

Well, I fear that I'm coming down with motion sickness.. For the second day in a row, I can't play GTA 4 (for an example) without feeling sick in the stomach and dizzy. Interestingly enough, I haven't ever had motion sickness on a boat, and getting it from games is a somewhat first for me too.

This is quite rare for a PC game that came out with broken empty promises now has its half of the players experiencing notion issues to there health for which the majority of these some players never had before.

According to the Devs they have being working on X Rebirth for seven years yet no one at Egosoft seemed to even notice the incoming issues which are causing for players? or whats causing some gamers unexperienced motion sickness?

What do you ATS make of this?

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

That game sucks so bad it's no wonder it causes headaches and nausea.

If you don't think # games can cause those problems, try playing "Perfect Weapon" for PS1 for longer than two hours.

I dare you.

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 10:40 AM
link   

TRUTH; ALL VIDEO GAMES HAVE SUBLIMINAL MESSAGES BURIED IN THEM.
They can be found.

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 10:44 AM
link   

THE PROOF OF SUBLIMINAL MESSAGES CONTAINED IN THE GAMES.

To actually "FEEL" the action of the Game as they do, people are receiving messages to their subconscious.
Without actual motion the only to "FEEL" is thru messages being sent to the brain to fool it into thinking it is actual moving.

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 11:12 AM
link   

This type of stuff happens a lot more frequently than I originally thought.

Let's look at Mirror's Edge, a product of EA DICE.

It's a first person free running game that involves lots of jumping, heights, and spinning motion. Originally the game had no heads up display or any information on the screen. It wasn't unheard of for motion sickness before they added a small point to the center of the screen to give a stable point of reference for the eyes. I experienced a similar problematic sensation with Halo with the HUD disabled, and with GTA V since the camera sometimes isn't completely stable.

As far as there being issues with the game that apparently weren't noticed before its release... That's a growing issue as game developers are continuously pushed to meet deadlines that encourage unfinished products on release day. With developers given the mindset of "release now, patch later" publishers encourage issues such as the problematic user interface and overlooked issues.

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 11:15 AM
link   

This if fairly common for video games. If the frame rate drops below 30fps I get the same nausea on just about any game. It's otherwise known as motion sickness.

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 12:31 PM
link   

usertwelve

This if fairly common for video games. If the frame rate drops below 30fps I get the same nausea on just about any game. It's otherwise known as motion sickness.

Yes your right but for players whom dont have motion sickness or any of that sort nature for them to be getting "motion sickness" after playing a space flight sim or in this case this game is quite rare.
edit on 21-11-2013 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 12:43 PM
link   

To me that just means the game is not rendering as it should. Those of us that get ill on most games would become ill even faster with this one. The key to all of this is the fact that the game is terrible and probably just as terribly optimized.

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by F4Driver

There is scarcely a single form of media in existence that does not incorporate some sort of subliminal messaging/stimuli.

From coca-cola to the colors they use at a fast food restaurant.

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 03:41 PM
link   
I used to have this problem with all Nintendo systems, all the way up through the game cube ad P.S. 1 and 2. I never understood why. I could play Atari, Sega Genesis, and p.c. games just fine.

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 05:55 PM
link   
I haven't played this game, but it sounds similar to my experiences with the Sega CD. I have never had any sort of medical issue playing a video game but ANYTHING I tried to play on a Sega CD made me sick, like throbbing migraines,nausea, seizures, that sort of thing. After a few tries I put it away in the closet, I tried it again a few years later, same thing, so i tossed it after that. Crazy how just looking at something for a time can physically hurt you.

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 07:32 PM
link   
I can play most games for hours on end without issues, but every so often I encounter one that has a certain type of visual effect that gets me.

I have migraines and I have mostly visual triggers oriented around visual stimuli, particularly flashing effects. If a light strobes at just the right frequency, I only have to be exposed to it for a few seconds for it to trigger an attack. If a game has that kind of flashing effect, it doesn't matter what I do, my goose is cooked and I can't play it.

There are some movies that do this, too. Star Wars Epi. I was one of them. The opening credits to Grindhouse was another.

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 09:40 PM
link   
lol kids these days are getting weaker, thats the problem.

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 03:53 PM
link   

OrphanApology

That game sucks so bad it's no wonder it causes headaches and nausea.

If you don't think # games can cause those problems, try playing "Perfect Weapon" for PS1 for longer than two hours.

I dare you.

Holy hells, what a crazy reference. I remember the developers bragging about how it had the first "true" artificial intelligence for the baddies.

I remember fighting wolves and random crap thinking... "goombas and bowser have better AI than this"

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 11:13 PM
link   
This news completely sucks. I was really looking forward to getting this game. But it's gotten such horrible reviews and terrible glitches from the sound of things.

Guess I will have to wait for Star Citizen, even though it sounds more multiplayer oriented which is a bit disappointing.

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

It was indeed terrible. The AI wasn't the worst part of it. The worst part was the disorienting controls and views that switch all the time. I actually got a migraine from that game. Mix in the hideous combat, horrible music, story, prerendered backgrounds, and controls....and well yeah...

I consider it the worst game I have ever played. I am game collector so that is saying something.

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 12:57 AM
link   
reply to post by allenidaho

Both Star Citizen and help out the Mandate is looking great.

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Worse game I have ever bought...
I will try it again after many patches but they really screwed up this game.

top topics

join