It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. should copy Switzerland and consider a 'maximum wage' ratio, too

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

Thanks for the update, Kali. It's a bummer....but....
it's a start!!!

I had to back off of the thread - it was pushing my buttons (or, as a kid I used to work with used to say "they were yanking my buttons!").

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Kali74

The Walton Family (16 people) are worth 150 BILLION dollars. Their stores (walmart) come into cities and towns all over the country, driving other businesses out... lack of other job opportunities in manufacturing etc.. makes Walmart one of the largest employers in the US, yet walmart refuses to pay its workers a living wage thus contributing to the collapse of the middle class. This is one of example of dozens, why do we let it happen? We have to figure this out.

Eaxactly I know a butcher who earned £30000 a year up north.

Asda moved in (British branch of walmart) and he then spent 2 years unemployed and then now is working at Asda for half of what he used to work for. Basicaly walmart destroyed a communty of good jobs. Now a whole community is working below the living wage line.

Capitlislm only works when there is COMPETITION. In this area there is no COMPETITION, the people in this village are no diffrent to serfs but instead of to a lord its to the walton family.
edit on 25-11-2013 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

new topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join